You're Too Chicken to Beat Resident Evil 3DS

roekenny

Jun 17, 2008
Remember same thing been said about dead space too. Maybe should get adults to play the game instead of 6 year olds.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Fear cant scare players away, for one simple reason; its a game. Not even F.E.A.R prevented me from finishing it, and it was the best "horror" game i played so far.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Resident Evil? Scary?

BWA HA HA!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Startle scares like dogs through windows don't count.
Well, back when Resident Evil 2 was a new game I found it pretty scary. Although that was more than 10 years ago, but it was still pretty scary.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
dark-amon said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Resident Evil? Scary?

BWA HA HA!

Well although I agree with you, Resident evil 1 on the gamecube was actually pritty scary at times. Its actually one of my favourites games, being that I have always been a dedicated resident evil fanboy :3 Well that was until resident evil 5 ruined what was pritty much already destroyed -.- But, the reason I don't think this game is going to be scary is because its on a handheld, and I don't think horror works on small screen!

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
The only thing scary about the Resident Evil series is that developers who are insane enough to straight-facedly call the series genuine horror games are still in business after a bunch of games and four crummy B-movies.

I tend to agree with Yahtzee in terms of what makes games scary; it's hard to be scared of something when you can just kill it with a shotgun. I'll bet there isn't a single monster in this game that can't be killed with a shotgun.

And I get more scared by "fate-worse-than-death" type scenarios anyway.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
Phoenix09215 said:
dark-amon said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Resident Evil? Scary?

BWA HA HA!

Well although I agree with you, Resident evil 1 on the gamecube was actually pritty scary at times. Its actually one of my favourites games, being that I have always been a dedicated resident evil fanboy :3 Well that was until resident evil 5 ruined what was pritty much already destroyed -.- But, the reason I don't think this game is going to be scary is because its on a handheld, and I don't think horror works on small screen!
It's not that I think it's going to be scary. The 3D effect ain't gonna make it Silent Hill 2. I just had to make a statement about your laught at Resisdent Evil, remarking that it used to be scary. Used to, probalby never again though.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
dark-amon said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Resident Evil? Scary?

BWA HA HA!

It's not that I think it's going to be scary. The 3D effect ain't gonna make it Silent Hill 2. I just had to make a statement about your laught at Resisdent Evil, remarking that it used to be scary. Used to, probalby never again though.[/quote]

Hmmmm in that case I have to agree with you! xD If anything the whole 3D thing puts me off. I don't want a resident evil game built around the whole 3D aspect. I would much rather want a classic survival horror... Atleast then it might be a little bit scary!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
The only way I'd be too scared to finish it would be if Claire, Rebecca and all the girls had a collective "Crying Game" reveal at the end.
She was a He

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
Oh, Resident Evil is going to try to be scary? It's great that they're taking the brand down new and unexplored paths.

adam5396

Feb 12, 2010
As long as they don't resort to cheap jump scares.....Nevermind, they probably will.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
SirPumpkinLongshanks said:
I got into the series with number 4 and I loved it. I don't know what it was like before then but by the sounds of it the horror came from a terrible camera and bad controls. If they can make a scary game in the style of RE4 (and really, RE4 did have some scary moments as it is) I'll be all over that. If it's more like RE5... Not so much.
Lucky for you. Trust me- It's the best one by far.........extremely far.

Cadapalo

Jun 8, 2010
The only thing that ever scared me was the crimson zombies in the REmake for gamecube. It's the only thing preventing me from doing a RE marathon going from RE 0 to Code Veronica. Maybe even the chainsaw guys from RE 4 but really that was more of a "oh shit" moment to be honest.