YouTuber Shot After Trying To Prank Man In A Mall

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is why I never cared much for prankster channels. Even if the fun is harmless, you don't know what somebody else is going through or how they're going to react or overreact. The shooting wasn't warranted, but I'm not having much sympathy for the prankster in question.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Silly games silly prizes etc
Yeah makes sense. I usually assume the pranks on youtube, vine, tiktok, etc were all staged in advanced to prevent this sort of thing. Because just randomly pranking people for the lol's when they aren't game about it is just asking to get stabbed, shot, robbed, and even better Sued.

Then again I'm clearly overestimating Youtuber intelligence.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Yeah makes sense. I usually assume the pranks on youtube, vine, tiktok, etc were all staged in advanced to prevent this sort of thing. Because just randomly pranking people for the lol's when they aren't game about it is just asking to get stabbed, shot, robbed, and even better Sued.

Then again I'm clearly overestimating Youtuber intelligence.
After the Tide pod challenge fiasco and people recording themselves licking toilet seats during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, I learned I've long since overestimated general human intelligence. I've found it safer to just assume everyone I meet is an complete idiot, and be pleasantly surprised when I can hold a 5 minute conversation with someone without them falling down because their brain forgot to send the "keep standing" command to their knees.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
After the Tide pod challenge fiasco and people recording themselves licking toilet seats during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, I learned I've long since overestimated general human intelligence. I've found it safer to just assume everyone I meet is an complete idiot, and be pleasantly surprised when I can hold a 5 minute conversation with someone without them falling down because their brain forgot to send the "keep standing" command to their knees.
A few years back, as a form of protest against gun owners that kept going on about gun safety being important, other gun others would film themselves pointing loaded guns at their penises and take up the slack on the trigger, either using guns with no manual safety or with it disabled.

Possibly some were cheating, using dummy rounds or disabled guns, but still. In at least one case, someone filmed the obvious occurring and was briefly famous as a result.

Though, wasn't the Tide pod thing a joke the media ran with it as if it was real? Though, sooner or later someone who didn't get the joke would do it for real, I guess.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
A few years back, as a form of protest against gun owners that kept going on about gun safety being important, other gun others would film themselves pointing loaded guns at their penises and take up the slack on the trigger, either using guns with no manual safety or with it disabled.

Possibly some were cheating, using dummy rounds or disabled guns, but still. In at least one case, someone filmed the obvious occurring and was briefly famous as a result.
I remember that. I only wish more of those idiots would have blow their dicks off. The last thing we need is them breeding and making more like them.

Though, wasn't the Tide pod thing a joke the media ran with it as if it was real? Though, sooner or later someone who didn't get the joke would do it for real, I guess.
No, the Tide pod challenge was a very real thing.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I live in a country where you can do terrible shit in public, and suffer terrible consequences for it. None of which are death.

Mostly because people here don't see it as a life achievement to have killed someone someday. Maybe because it's harder to imagine oneself all self-righteous about it ?

I feel that many US citizens just beg for a "righteous" reason to get to kill someone. And thus, their society provides many.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I feel that many US citizens just beg for a "righteous" reason to get to kill someone. And thus, their society provides many.
Oh yeah, so many people in the US with youtube accounts and firearms who are looking forwards to being the hero of their own action movie. I follow a lot of military and firearms related stuff, and algorithms will keep recommending some really terrible people.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I'm a firearms enthusiast. One day I happened upon an American-centric firearms forum and looked into it. More than one person posted to the effect that they wanted someone to try to rob their homes "so that I can see the look in their eyes before I put a bullet between them!".

I don't look for firearms forums anymore, because there's far too much of that.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
This country has more guns than people, and this idiot decided to risk his life for social media clout despite that fact.

Reactions: CM156 and BrawlMan

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
This country has more guns than people, and this idiot decided to risk his life for social media clout despite that fact.
Part of the reason why I think certain crimes should be classified as "assisted suicide" when they result in the death of the perpetrator.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I'm a firearms enthusiast. One day I happened upon an American-centric firearms forum and looked into it. More than one person posted to the effect that they wanted someone to try to rob their homes "so that I can see the look in their eyes before I put a bullet between them!".
Yeah, it's a problem with a lot of firearms forums and chatgroups... full of fucking idiots who think life is an action movie waiting to happen.