Youtubers you like that don't make videos very often

Envy Omicron

Apr 27, 2013
Even though it is kinda of fun to complain about everything that's wrong with youtube, particularly in regards to Google+ changes and Youtubers that are often considered overrated, I feel the need to talk about something a little more positive, because like it or not, Youtube is still the most popular video-sharing site on the internet. Despite the fact that the majority of the content on Youtube is pretty terrible, there do exist some very good channels that may or may not get much traffic due to the fact that videos aren't uploaded to it very often. The purpose of this thread, as you could probably tell from looking at the title, is to share some examples of these types of channels, and I want to be the first to give some.

I want to start with 2 gaming-related channels, because this is a gaming-related website. MrBtongue first attracted popularity with his videos critiquing the ME3 ending, although most of his videos after that have been about analyzing and criticizing other games and ongoings within the gaming community. Sometimes, he'll be posting a video every week, or every two weeks, and other times he will mysteriously disappear for 5-6 months at a time, with no warning whatsoever, but I happen to prefer quality over quantity, (much like many of the other people who might post in this thread, assuming it gains any traffic) so his long breaks are by no means a deal breaker for me, and I still watch and enjoy his content, however scarce it may be.

The other gaming-related Youtuber I like is both an infrequent uploader AND fairly obscure AND a member of these forums, known around these parts as Overusedname, and on Youtube as EmceeProphIt. He primarily makes long, sometimes multi-part analysis videos breaking down the subtext and symbolism in video games. Emcee once took a ridiculously long break inbetween parts 1 and 2 for his analysis of Majora's Mask, and even when his videos are being upoaded at a normal rate, it's not uncommon for time gaps in between uploads to be weeks, or even months, in size.

Finally, this is a Youtuber who talks about gaming as only one of multiple subjects he talks about, others including religion, politics and life stories. This Youtuber only has about 21,000 subscribers, and he will often take unannounced hiatuses that last for months, but his videos tend to be consistantly funny, memorable and thought-provoking. The Youtuber I'm describing is PaulsEgo, and unlike MrB and Emcee, Paul has actually been uploading videos on a somewhat weekly basis in the form of 4-hour long Google Hangouts that, although very different from the style of his older videos, I think is a welcome change of pace that I've really been enjoying, even if I haven't been able to join them myself.
(by the way, I'm the one who suggested talking about sex at 1:29:55, and I potentially may have just ruined my credibility in someone's eyes by pointing that out)

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
JonTron? He made one for Halloween but it's been a while since any proper videos that I can remember.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
PMRants. I don't take him that seriously, but his rants are usually pretty funny. Plus I do agree with him more than not.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
DasBoSchitt, and a lot of the Garry's mod community in general. There's a ton of clever little vids made in source that have this fun, cartoonish look to them but they're agonizingly difficult to produce with any sort of quality. Anyone who even tries gets some props from me, but if you succeed and make something that looks, sounds, and animates as well as the big guys in Gmod, you're an instant favorite to me.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Fitzthistlewits. He's a funny dude.

Sadly I think he's doing some meta shit saying that he killed himself after the Yogscast won the Golden Joystick awards so it might be a while for a new video.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
Ebeeto. He disappeared for like 4 years and now he posts like 2 videos yearly...

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Unsurprised Jontron was first response. Hes my answer too. Its the main reason I miss him on Game Grumps. A daily dose of Jon was a wondrous thing.

Multi-Hobbyist

Oct 26, 2009
redeyespider's remixes man, always good stuff. Still waiting for more. Before his most recent vid, nothing for a year+

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Tom_green_day said:
JonTron? He made one for Halloween but it's been a while since any proper videos that I can remember.
Yeah, this might as well be the JonTron thread.

But it's understandable, that he's doing it all himself with such high quality editing and animation. I'm not surprised it takes a month or more per video.

Ashadowpie

Feb 3, 2012
JonTron. i love his humor its so blunt and silly. a few years back he had a good episode every couple days, now a days he's showing up 3 months at a time. he has other group channels but i dont like them as much as when he reviews games with himself and Jacques(his bird).

also DasBoSchitt. i love his stuff even more and the Idiot Box is my favorite gaming comedy i've watched them all to death and still laugh my head off.

Ray William Johnson was awesome too but now the vids are so short, still hilarious but they're only 2 minutes instead of 10 ish.

i understand nothing lasts forever and im proud of these people to bring laughs, reviews and entertaining information to the world. its sad to see them slowly dwindle.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
egoraptor honestly I understand he has to animate stuff but it's been 7 months since his last animation and 2 years since his last sequelitis

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
YuriOfWind makes videos about once a month or so. When he talks about a game I play, it's usually all stuff I already know about, because I love mindless trivia, but it's still fun to listen to his cynical tones no matter what, really.

And Bullshit Creepypasta storytime is good. Aptly titled. I never really listen to his end slates...I probably should for loyalty's sake.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Tom_green_day said:
Damn. That was fast. I thought I might have had a chance to be the first one to say Jontron considering the thread was still fairly small. I guess that'll learn me.

Well, Little Kuriboh and Team Four Star are great. Though Little Kuriboh only seems to make videos when he feels like it (he's even stated that constantly getting flagged hurts him a bit and makes him less enthusiastic about making videos) and TFS does update fairly regularly, it's just weeks/months between videos. Both are hilarious and have plenty of older content that still makes me laugh, though.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
It doesn't really matter by now, but it's true, Jontron.

Then there's Tomska, TFS (ESPECIALLY Hellsing Abridged), Purpleyeswtf and his nonepiece series, and I'm gonna say Game Grumps because I could watch ten episodes everyday.

But I went back, and Jon seemed to wind Arin up more, it was like they were on speed or something, which was great. But then again, they got off track so much, Dan balances it out more. I like both of them.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Super Great Friend; he usually only updates once or twice a week, but everything from his deadpan to the actual games he plays makes me break down in tears.

And Jontron, because, well, yeah.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Gamewank.
It's wonderfully crude and surprisingly well put together which tends to be a rare combination.
[hr]

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
Aussie gamer, he hasn't uploaded a video in 6 months, and hasn't been active in roughly the same amount of time. there's a rumour going 'round that he actually died. most likely not true, but he made good stuff. oh well.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
Can't go wrong with Bro Team Pill. Loud, hateful, shameless, funny and well made, even Vin Diesel likes it.
Only gotta wait either a week to a few weeks for content, probably depending on his mood.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I would say Egoraptor for his cartoons, but after Poke-awesome 2, I would rather he stay as a grump from now on.

Jumping on the JonTron wagon, I'm haven't followed him for very long, but I really like his new stuff.

PeanutButterGamer, he has his excellent PBGameplay channel, but I wish he would focus on his main channel more too.

Even though he isn't a youtuber, AVGN doesn't update much anymore. Does anyone know what the status of the movie is at this point? Though the AVGN movie looks kinda "meh" to me, I just want it released and finished so he can get back to his regular show.