YouTube's being stupid again.

Gatuno

Jan 16, 2023
I remember back in 2012 how most small and medium YTbers (mainly on the video game and movie side) weren't satisfied with the then new policies at the time, and threatened a mass exodus to Dailymotion. All of them were talking shit, and not a single one moved their channel or platform. After that huge performance, nearly everyone would go on like they never said anything, "was just joking", or put a "I never said/promised that. I said it might be a possibility". The idiots in charge ain't the only problem with YT. A lot of these user can't commit for shit.
Exactly! Everybody knows that youtube policies are always horrible, but no one wants to use the alternative sites.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Well, my wish is half-granted. Kinda was looking for a complete turnover on the entirety of leaderships, but oh well
I've heard that her replacement was basically her understudy, so the chances of any meaningful change are about nil.

I was almost expecting a "Who's That Pokémon?" skit, but this works too.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well, my wish is half-granted. Kinda was looking for a complete turnover on the entirety of leaderships, but oh well
I've heard that her replacement was basically her understudy, so the chances of any meaningful change are about nil.

I was almost expecting a "Who's That Pokémon?" skit, but this works too.
It's about to get worse now. This new CEO likes nfts.

Reactions: gorfias

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Another year, another stupid policy change from YouTube.

Recently, YouTube put in a new policy that will demonetize videos that have swear words in the first 8 seconds.

YouTube is so lucky it doesn't have any real competition, or nobody would use it.
That specific one isn't just in YouTube. The broader internet has been becoming more sanitized since past year for the advertisers' sake (specially if it it's social media with an Apple app).

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Unironically Susan was better even as the internet embraced the corporate overlords. This is going to give the hateful GOPhewds their ideal platform and I say fuck this shit

Blessed be KonradLeijon