You've Got The Touch, You've Got The Power! UPDATED!

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
You've Got The Touch, You've Got The Power! UPDATED!

Geeks of a certain age rejoice! "The Touch" is coming to Guitar Hero.

It's a powerful moment; all seems lost for Hot Rod as Galvatron's fingers lock around his throat. In desperation, he grips the handles of the Matrix slung around Galvatron's neck as a trophy. As the power of the Matrix courses through his body, Optimus's voice rings clear in Hot Rod's audio receptors, "Arise Rodimus Prime," and over the top of it all, providing the perfect musical accompaniment, is Stan Bush's 'The Touch'.

I'm sorry, I've got something in my eye...

Bush himself pushed for the song's inclusion in the game and it's been in the pipeline for a while [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.98888], but it looks like his persistence has paid off, because as of today, 'The Touch' is available as a free download for Guitar Hero: World Tour. For the first time ever, I regret buying Rock Band, just a little bit...

UPDATE: Despite what the internet has to say on the matter, Stan Bush's wishes, and the Guitar Hero website [http://community.guitarhero.com/news_posts/219], 'The Touch' is not a free download. Apologies to everyone.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5271755/today-guitar-hero-you-have-the-touch-and-the-power]

Destrin

Aug 8, 2008
Correction - it's not free...160 points on the XBLM (I don't know about the PS3 version since I can't check that in a browser from work ;))

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Destrin said:
Correction - it's not free...160 points on the XBLM (I don't know about the PS3 version since I can't check that in a browser from work ;))
Well look at that, my sources were incorrect. I'll amend the article now.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
The Touch is indeed a sweet song... though I'd rather have Pat Benetar's "Hell is for Children."

What? Don't look at me like that.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
..what? it's a sweet song, if a little cheesy. Nothing nerdy in liking it.. wait...Transformers. I take it back! (it is still a sweet song though :) )

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
I still hold fast in my belief that "When all hell's breakin' loose / You'll be ridin' the eye of the storm" is the single most badass lyric penned in the last quarter of the 20th century.

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
This is almost enough to make me buy World Tour. But not for one song.

If they get Dare, though, then I will be unable to resist and I will have to buy it.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
CyberKnight said:
This is almost enough to make me buy World Tour. But not for one song.

If they get Dare, though, then I will be unable to resist and I will have to buy it.
Dare was absolute class,

"If you're gonna ride danny ride in style!!!"

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
I'm sorry, despite it's unbelievable geeky awesomeness, I have to say I prefer 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' by Buckethead. Still two classic songs that take me back to my childhood.

FreedanZero

Jul 3, 2008
Heads up the Wii version of the song is free. I was able to download it about an hour ago without a problem.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Are they gonna have a Transformers soundtrack pack? I would also like to play Dare to be Stupid and that song that plays when Rodimus races against Spike's kid.