You've Got To Be Kidding Me (Finding Nemo 2 Seriously)

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/andrew-stanton-pixar-finding-nemo-sequel-350267

No, this is not an April Fools joke. They are really making a sequel to Finding Nemo, called Finding Dory. Dory goes on a trip to find her family.

I... just... what? Of all the Pixar films that need a sequel, why do they keep going for the ones with the most complete stories? Why do we need a prequel to Monsters Inc? Why do we need a sequel to Cars? Why the hell have we not gotten an Incredibles 2, yet we have Finding Dory coming up?

Finding Nemo is one of my favorite Pixar films after Ratatouille, and this still baffles me. I hope that it will be good, but I'm just at a loss for ideas on what they will come up with.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
We need a fucking Incredibles sequel. If any Pixar movie warrants one, it's that.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Oh God, please no Incredibles sequel.

That movie has nowhere else to go without repeating itself, and no villain go ever match let alone top Syndrome. Mind you this is mainly fear talking, as I fucking LOVE The Incredibles and would hate to see it ruin its nearly perfect score with a possibly bad sequel.

As for Finding Dory. I guess even Pixar can't resist taking a look back in the ol' junkbox. After Brave sucking as hard as it did, they're probably seeking comfort with something reliable.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
So, first we had monsters inc 2: Monsters university. I mean, really? Fucking really? I love monsters inc as much as the next guy, but...MONSTERS FUCKING UNIVERSITY?

And now this. THIS PILE OF DOG SHIT.

Oh, and let's not forget "planes". In the universe of cars. The film that sucked first time round, and even more the next time. AND NOW THEY'RE DOING IT AGAIN, WITH FUCKING PLANES.

I give up.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Look at it as a movie only made to cash in enough money to make the next Up or Toy Story 3.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Oh Pixar, why. I'm starting to wish you just mysteriously vanished after 2010.

I mean, I hope it's good, but like you said in the OP, what really can they do?

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
This is likly Disney's doing. Before disney Pixar only ever did Toy Story sequels. They said that they were uninterested in doing them. then Disney buys them out and now we have Cars 2, a Monsters inc. prequel and now this.

Disney you left the guys at Marvel alone to do their thing and you got The Avengers. Leave Pixar alone to do there thing and it will be fine. Making them do prequel's and sequels when they are not wanted or needed is just going to ruin their good name. You just bought Star Wars, look at George Lucas, now look at what you are doing to Pixar. STOP IT!

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Oh God, please no Incredibles sequel.

That movie has nowhere else to go without repeating itself, and no villain go ever match let alone top Syndrome. Mind you this is mainly fear talking, as I fucking LOVE The Incredibles and would hate to see it ruin its nearly perfect score with a possibly bad sequel.

As for Finding Dory. I guess even Pixar can't resist taking a look back in the ol' junkbox. After Brave sucking as hard as it did, they're probably seeking comfort with something reliable.
I don't know, the Incredibles was pretty much a Watchmen Spoof. What if they did something like The Dark Knight Returns deal with an old enemy of Mr Incredible being released and starting a new wave of panic?

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
I was so certain there wasn't going to be a Finding Nemo 2, especially when the Director of the first one said there wasn't going to be one... Then I hear that the voice actor of Marlin confirmed it was being made, and I still didn't believe it... and now they are pretty much saying "Yeah, we're making it!"

... I'm hoping it's good though.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Geez people, have a little faith would you?

Ok yes the previous two movies were a bomb especially Cars 2 but just because the last sequel was a failure, it doesn't mean the stones are set for the future Pixar sequels to be doomed. (Did you forget that Toy Story had two sequels?)

I will only really give a real opinion/ specualtion to Finding Dory upon watching/ reading reviewed on Monster Universirty.

I mean sure I don't just a book by its cover but sometime that fail on me too (Danm M Night for ruining The Last Airbender).

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Scarim Coral said:

Ok yes the previous two movies were a bomb especially Cars 2 but just because the last sequel was a failure, it doesn't mean the stones are set for the future Pixar sequels to be doomed. (Did you forget that Toy Story had two sequels?)

I will only really give a real opinion/ specualtion to Finding Dory upon watching/ reading reviewed on Monster Universirty.

I mean sure I don't just a book by its cover but sometime that fail on me too (Danm M Night for ruining The Last Airbender).
I don't know, their last two films haven't been good, so I am skeptical. Especially with their increased focus on sequels. I don't see how three bad films would change my perception greatly. One is an anomaly, two's a trend. So I think that I am justified in being cautious on this, especially when it is dealing with one of my favorite Pixar films.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Scarim Coral said:

While I agree with you, there's a problem when a sequel to one of the more complete films I've seen is issued. There is no need to move on as the movie is already done. All interactions finished and wrapped up nicely.

OT- Someone go smack Disney or Pixar on behalf of me. There is no beef with sequels, but I want something new. It's not just me, A LOT of people want something new.

It also begs the question of why we even need a sequel, but I'm not ready to go into an explanation at this time.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Finding Dory? What?

That's not what it's going to be called, there's no way Pixar could allow themselves to do something that uninspired. Finding Dory sounds like a joke, maybe the name of a bonus 5 minute short released on the Finding Nemo DVD. Anything called Finding 'X' is clearly just leaching off the original movie and not trying to stand alone as it's own story.

And besides it's title, Finding Dory sounds like it'd be terrible. Remember how funny Dory was as a side character who broke the tension and added some comic relief to the otherwise bleak story? Now imagine if the entire movie was about her. Little kids might enjoy it but I doubt anyone else would.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
It could be a good movie.

But that doesn't matter apparently. I mean, the internet sure was spot on with the DMC and Tomb Raider reboots.

Carry on, then.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Phlakes said:

But that doesn't matter apparently. I mean, the internet sure was spot on with the DMC and Tomb Raider reboots.

Carry on, then.
So is your net of counterarguments moving on from just gaming now? Seriously, is it so bad that I am skeptical about a film? It could be good, but I have no idea how they could pull it off. If I remain cautious, then I don't stand to lose anything. If I look forward to it and it sucks, I feel let down. If I stay cautious and it sucks, nothing is lost, but if it is good, I can be pleasantly surprised.

There is a difference between hating on something and staying distant because you have concerns.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Phlakes said:

Carry on, then.
So is your net of counterarguments moving on from just gaming now? Seriously, is it so bad that I am skeptical about a film? It could be good, but I have no idea how they could pull it off. If I remain cautious, then I don't stand to lose anything. If I look forward to it and it sucks, I feel let down. If I stay cautious and it sucks, nothing is lost, but if it is good, I can be pleasantly surprised.

There is a difference between hating on something and staying distant because you have concerns.
All we know is the title and the most basic plot synopsis. I feel like it's a little too early to be making judgments.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Phlakes said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Phlakes said:

Carry on, then.

All we know is the title and the most basic plot synopsis. I feel like it's a little too early to be making judgments.
That's the same problem I have with the above post talking about how they will only start being concerned if Monster's University turns out to be bad. What is the difference between two bad movies and three bad movies? What is the difference between voicing concerns over a plot synopsis and getting one or two previews?

It's like saying that you aren't allowed to be mad at a game's beta because it isn't indicative of the final product. Sure, it might not be, but are you supposed to withhold all your criticism until a final product is released?

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Th3Ch33s3Cak3 said:
I can't wait for Toy Story 4: Play Harder
They're legally not allowed to release that film under International Law.

It would be considered a crime against humanity because it would wind up killing all happiness everywhere.