You've got to be kidding me...

May 17, 2007
Commander Keen: Keen Dreams [http://www.commander-keen.com/keen-dreams-enemies.php]

At the dinner table Billy refuses to eat his vegetables and is sent to his room. He falls asleep and wakes up on top of a hill with two spuds wearing helmets and bayonets standing on either side of him. They explain that he was brought here to Tuberia by the Dream Machine and that his master is the evil Boobus Tuber.
what

Kif

Jun 2, 2009
Singles, it's like a Sims spinoff only the object is to have your sim like characters get laid... so I nominate the whole game.

manicfoot

Apr 16, 2008
Easily "THEY'RE SINKING CITIES WITH A GIANT WORM" from Gears 2. Also, the majority of MGS4. Especially this turd:
Raiden: it even rained on the day I was born...
Snake: *puts hand on Raiden's shoulder reassuringly* you were the lightning in that rain...

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Snowe's bullshit in the begining of Sukioden 4. Also cross-examning Polly the Parrot in the first Phoenix Wright.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
scobie said:
"Fawkes, you're a mutant. You're not even affected by radiation. All you have to do is walk 10 feet and then press some buttons and we'll all be fine. No-one has to die at all. Come on, you didn't have any problem doing it when I needed the damn GECK. What the hell you do mean, it's my "destiny". Why? What are you talking about? What kind of reason is that to let your friend die? I'll tell you what kind of reason it is, it's the kind of half-arsed reason the writing staff came up with to justify getting out of this hole they've written themselves into. Fine, you ungrateful bastard. I'll go and get myself killed from excessive exposure to this fucking stupid plot. I know it can't be from exposure to radiation, since I have enough anti-radiation drugs to spend a week holidaying outside Vault sodding 87. So have fun watching me die, and have fun living with yourself afterwards. You tosser."

I mean COME ON!
But Vault Dweller, don't you understand? You HAVE to go into the lethally irradiated chamber and die even though I could do it instead of you with no ill effects. The game HAS to have a crappy unsatisfying ending that doesn't even let you continue exploring the Wasteland afterwards. Otherwise, how is Bethesda supposed to get you to buy the Broken Steel DLC that was clearly supposed to be included in the original game but was taken out to milk more money from the users? Just think of all the CEO's starving children!

Arayis

Jul 11, 2008
manicfoot said:
Also, the majority of MGS4. Especially this turd:
Raiden: it even rained on the day I was born...
Snake: *puts hand on Raiden's shoulder reassuringly* you were the lightning in that rain...
And with those two lines was born the next MGS game, isn't it called lighting fast action or something like that?...

On topic: I agree with the whole Atlantis world in KH2, was it really necessary to do that to us game creators? Was it?

Kif

Jun 2, 2009
Post Broken Steel I managed to get Fawkes to enter for me, I'm not sure if it was because of Broken Steel or not though. And I don't think Broken Steel was originally supposed to be in the game at all, I think what happened is a lot of people complained about the lackluster ending and that you couldn't carry on (as if there weren't save games to go back to) and they decided to fix it.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Kif said:
Post Broken Steel I managed to get Fawkes to enter for me, I'm not sure if it was because of Broken Steel or not though. And I don't think Broken Steel was originally supposed to be in the game at all, I think what happened is a lot of people complained about the lackluster ending and that you couldn't carry on (as if there weren't save games to go back to) and they decided to fix it.
Before Broken Steel you HAD to go in yourself, no choice. You could ask your companions of that Lyons chick to go in instead of you but they'd tell you to go fuck yourself (not in those words, but the meaning got across). Also, I doubt it was an "honest mistake" by Bethesda. They are not amateurs and they should have known (and likely did) how players would react to such an ending, as much for the ending itself as for being denied the chance to explore the world without the main quest looming over them.

Perhaps they didn't simply "chop off" the ending and packaged it as Broken Steel, but they stated shortly after the game was released that DLC would change the ending. It doesn't take a genius to guess that the entire thing was pretty much planned.

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
scobie said:
"Fawkes, you're a mutant. You're not even affected by radiation. All you have to do is walk 10 feet and then press some buttons and we'll all be fine. No-one has to die at all. Come on, you didn't have any problem doing it when I needed the damn GECK. What the hell you do mean, it's my "destiny"? Why? What are you talking about? What kind of reason is that to let your friend die? I'll tell you what kind of reason it is, it's the kind of half-arsed reason the writing staff came up with to justify getting out of this hole they've written themselves into. Fine, you ungrateful bastard. I'll go and get myself killed from excessive exposure to this fucking stupid plot. I know it can't be from exposure to radiation, since I have enough anti-radiation drugs to spend a week holidaying outside Vault sodding 87. So have fun watching me die, and have fun living with yourself afterwards. You tosser."

I mean COME ON!
I love Fallout 3 but I think they should have worked on another ending if you had Fawkes on your side, kind of like a good judgement call on picking him up as a partner. I also wish who your partner was affected how people spoke to you, Like, Im walking around with a super mutant and no one finds this odd? Fawkes is very powerful and the alternative to that should have been getting attacked in towns and by wandering traders etc. This way picking your partner had more pro's and cons.

Kif

Jun 2, 2009
I bought Fallout 3 on release day and played it through and given that I had the option to press load, go to a save game and then deselect the main quest and carry on about my business I didn't really care that it ended in such a closed way and completed every single sidequest and explored regardless.

I missed Bethesda saying that the DLC would change the ending, so I guess you're right and they planned to add more... however the abrubt ending didn't effect my ability to carry on playing the game. And yes... it was very silly that originally the companions immune to radiation could not enter and do the job for you, just like it's silly that the new ending makes it sound negative rather than an act of common sense when you send them in.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
VitalSigns said:
I love Fallout 3 but I think they should have worked on another ending if you had Fawkes on your side, kind of like a good judgement call on picking him up as a partner. I also wish who your partner was affected how people spoke to you, Like, Im walking around with a super mutant and no one finds this odd? Fawkes is very powerful and the alternative to that should have been getting attacked in towns and by wandering traders etc. This way picking your partner had more pro's and cons.
I think they went by the logic that if you were good, people would know who you are, so if Fawkes was with you they'd know he wouldn't do the usual Super Mutant shenanigans. Or something like that.
But I see your point, they never really explain why people around the wasteland don't just open fire on your more freaky-looking pals.

Topher_1

Jun 1, 2009
Wanted: Weapons of Fate.
Aside from the fact that the main character is a complete douchbag throughout both the movie and the game...did he really need to piss on the guy at the end?

Also, although Assassin's Creed is a sweet game, the ending sucked balls.

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
VitalSigns said:
I think they went by the logic that if you were good, people would know who you are, so if Fawkes was with you they'd know he wouldn't do the usual Super Mutant shenanigans. Or something like that.
But I see your point, they never really explain why people around the wasteland don't just open fire on your more freaky-looking pals.
Your telling me that if the Paragon of all goodness walked in their city and 5 feet behind was A Super Mutant, they wouldn't give him (Fawkes) a closed casket funeral? you'd think it'd be natural to assume the "good guy" Doesn't know the S.Mutant is there. But it's not gonna change so its all null and void.

Blights

Feb 16, 2009
On a Halo 3 online match, it was Team Slayer on Orbital, 4v4. I was on my own running around one of the many corners of that map when suddenly, all 4 of the other players come round the corner, and ALL throw plasmas.

It was more of an "Oh, BULLSHIT!" Moment though.

sanomaton

Oct 25, 2008
Well the only thing I can think of atm is when Jigglypuff defeated Giga Bowser in SSBM. Brother was using Jigglypuff and he did the sleep-movey-thingy, it hit Giga Bowser and he FLEW OFF the stage. Me and brother just stared at the screen, "You can't be serious o_O"

Fenixhart

Mar 26, 2009
MarcoB said:
Fenixhart said:
In Kingdom Hearts 2, I defeated Ursula whilst Singing.

Really? Really?
Hahaha, that's awesome. Kingdom Hearts was good though.
Oh yes, it most certainly is. That was just the only double-taker it gave me because even though Atlantica became singing central, I was cool with it Then they chuck an Opera Boss at me XP

Well the only thing I can think of atm is when Jigglypuff defeated Giga Bowser in SSBM. Brother was using Jigglypuff and he did the sleep-movey-thingy, it hit Giga Bowser and he FLEW OFF the stage. Me and brother just stared at the screen, "You can't be serious o_O"
Just imagine how silly it would have looked if you'd missed :p