Zelda Fan Auctions Ocarina-Shaped Piece of Chicken

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Wow, what an amazingly bad idea.

I'd think someone would pay like 5 bucks for it, but not 25 for a effing piece of chicken, like really, what are you gonna do with it?

If it had holes in it where the ocarina holes were, though... ;)

Nemorov

May 20, 2009
You know, I was just having a conversation with my mother about stupid things people have put up on eBay. She didn't believe me. Ah, the innocence of a previous generation...

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
nerdsamwich said:
Why not just spend the like, two bucks and get an actual ocarina? They even come in powder blue, so you can be just as cool as Fagballs--I mean Link.
Thank you for bringing Yahtzee into this, he should have been invited from the getgo. And I curse the guy for selling the photo of a Corvette! I should have thought of that first! KHAAAAAAANN!

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Wow, slow news day or what?

Seriously though, who would buy an ocarina shaped piece of chicken? Could'nt you just go to McDonald's for some lunch?

EDIT: There was once a guy who sold a photo of an XBox 360 before the console came out, but people thought it was the real thing, so he got over £300 for a picture of a 360. And here's some other stupid things sold on eBay over the years:

An air guitar
9 used toothbrushes
The meaning of life

It's amazing what people put on eBay.

Woem

May 28, 2009
When the auction runs out he can put it up again as a Buzz Lightyear gun. The resemblance is uncanny!

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Psychosocial said:
randommaster said:
As bad as this is, it's still not the worst eBay story. That honor goes to the guy who sold, as was described "absolutely nothing," for forty dollars. Untill I see something top that, I won't be surprised by eBay.
A piece of toast WITHOUT a picture of Jesus on it. 50 dollars.

Saw it on Jay Leno.
The guy still got something. I still say that $40 for nothing is worse than this.
Nox13last said:
randommaster said:
As bad as this is, it's still not the worst eBay story. That honor goes to the guy who sold, as was described "absolutely nothing," for forty dollars. Untill I see something top that, I won't be surprised by eBay.
I see your $40 nothingness and raise it a £5000 photograph of a Corvette.

My friend sold a photograph of a car for £5000. It even said at the bottom of the listing "Note: Just a Picture".

When the schmuck got what he paid for, he tried to sue him, and lost because of the disclaimer.
I thought this was hilarious, but it's a misunderstanding, so I'm not going to count it. If the guy had bought the picture KNOWING thar it was a picture, then I would probably say that this tops mine.
Mackinator said:
randommaster said:
What about selling nothing for $50?

Oh and I agree with the "Epic Fail" thing.
Has anybody sold nothing for $50 before? I just know this story because it's an eBay record.
DeadlyYellow said:
randommaster said:
I like the one about the guy selling the Xbox box.
How much did he get?

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
randommaster said:
DeadlyYellow said:
How much did he get?
Looks like $600. Expensive piece of cardboard.

Also came across a story about a dad who imported a copy of Wii Guitar Hero 3 for his son, found his kid smoking pot, then sold the game set for $10420 AU.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
DeadlyYellow said:
randommaster said:
DeadlyYellow said:
How much did he get?
Looks like $600. Expensive piece of cardboard.

Also came across a story about a dad who imported a copy of Wii Guitar Hero 3 for his son, found his kid smoking pot, then sold the game set for $10420 AU.
That's pretty awesome. Was GH3 not available at the time? Also, how much did GH3 cost normally?