Zelda Producer Wants to Create "A Perfect Game"

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Well good luck to him, but he's clearly aiming far too high in the sky. Since perfect is a very strict word it'll be hard to find a Zelda game that you can't improve on (and no, saying "it's the same as the last game but with this bit added on" would not take away from perfection).

RipVanTinkle said:
You need two things:

- A relentless Devil May Cry 3 combat system.
- A minimum of 5 orgasms experienced per minute.

So far, gaming has achieved only one of those standards for me.
Pfft I know, there's never going to be a Devil May Cry 3 combat system... what? What?

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
My perfect game would be a real life sim. Where you could do ANYTHING you can in real life.

Think.... GTA, but there's no specific focus on anything (such as stealing cars, or driving). Think, being able to work at a job, earn money and go into buildings and buy things. Imagine objects being on shelves that you can interact with (like in Bethesda games). But there being like, no limit to what you can find (like in real life). Think being able to purchase a sword and pretend you're a knight as you walk down the street and random people talk to you. Maybe you see something bad happen and you stab the bad guy in the torso and get sent to prison for murder. Think being able to do ANYTHING in a virtual environment. Even meet real people and make a game development company, IN GAME where you make a game INSIDE the game. That would be the perfect game.

It'll never fucking happen though :(

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
RandV80 said:
I've always thought a 'perfect' Zelda game would look something like a combination of Shadow of the Colossus' open world and boss fights combined with Zelda's people, puzzles, dungeons, and collectables.
That's actually quite awesome. I might actually get a WiiU for exactly that game. It would have to completely forgo using the WiiU's proprietary control scheme to work. Motion controls wouldn't work and the tablet should just be superfluous nonsense. In other words, it would require

that controller to be actually enjoyable for me.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Don't do a resident evil 6, trying to please everyone.
"Perfection" can be a downright destructive goal.
Just don't lose sight of what a zelda game is all about.