Zenimax is Being Sued Over the Use of "The Wanderer" in Fallout 4 Ads

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Pyrian said:
Live by the terrible lawsuit, die by the terrible lawsuit. Wait... $1 million-ish? Just settle.
Settling is what this guy is looking for, he knows perfectly well this lawsuit has no grounds whatsoever which is why he suing for what is a drop in the bucket for Zenimax. Baseless lawsuits like this exist not because they actually expect to win but because people are trying to get the other side to settle so they can get some money off of it. It's just making a big fuss so whoever will give you money just to shut you up because actually fighting the lawsuit isn't worth the time and money spent on it. Dimuuci is just looking for a bigger piece of the pie because Fallout 4 is so freaking successful, and nothing more.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
There should be a way to get these kinds of suits summarily dismissed, perhaps even with the claimant having to pay damages and a fine to the accused and the court.

Literally, the Zenimax lawyer should just be able to walk into the courtroom and say;

"Due to the timing, nature and and conduct with which this suit has been filed I request it be summarily dismissed and the claimant barred from future suits involving this matter. The claimant clearly had no real interest or objective to the way in which the content mentioned in the suit was used and is clearly settlement-seeking and filing frivolously in hopes of annoying the defense into paying them."

And have that be the end of it, unless the claimant can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt their case has merit.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
You know a suit is bull when he's only asking for a million.

Unless he's the kind of guy who actually believes in his suit with all the morally indefensible shit. I can imagine some old dude living in the country scandalized that his work is being used in a "video-games", so he decided to fight the man and take a grand total of 1 million dollars from them.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Charli said:
FUcking yes. Do you know how many times a day and how many days I have had to sit through that FUCCCCKKKING advert (its my job). I hope both it (the song) and Zenimax die in a fire for that atrocity of an advert.
Wait, what? What job do you do that you have to sit around watching Fallout 4 adverts all day?

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Chewster said:
Charli said:
FUcking yes. Do you know how many times a day and how many days I have had to sit through that FUCCCCKKKING advert (its my job). I hope both it (the song) and Zenimax die in a fire for that atrocity of an advert.
Wait, what? What job do you do that you have to sit around watching Fallout 4 adverts all day?
Managing a Game store, a loud, game store, with a cycle of about 6 adverts, for 9 hours a day. E3 is a blessing and a curse because now a new wave of annoyance has begun. And no I am not allowed to turn it off/down.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
He's going to have to prove that he objected to it two years ago. He'd also have to prove he had no idea what Fallout even was, and was somehow unable to take the time to find out. How hard is it to prove that he objected to it but couldn't be bothered to look it up in 2015? Unless he's been objecting to it since the beginning, I find it very difficult for this to go much of anywhere.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
In the trailer I watched the sole survivor kills a radroach and a supermutant. So lets go over this... "repeated homicides in a dark, dystopian landscape, where violence is glorified as sport. The killings and physical violence were not to protect innocent life, but instead were repugnant and morally indefensible."

Repeated homicides, check I guess? There was a second one I suppose. Hope this guy has never hired an exterminator if the radroach was "murder."

Dark dystopian landscape, check. Sure, what's wrong with that?

Violence glorified as sport, check. Much the same as it is right now so again, what's the problem?

Violence were not to protect innocent life, but instead were repugnant and morally indefensible... I gotta go with check, after all who is innocent really?

So yeah, all that is technically true in some fashion. It's absolutely no basis for a valid lawsuit, but in the very loosest interpretation its kind of true. Well there is some twisted truth to it? No, this is just someone who doesn't know what he's talking about who has mistaken some youtube amv for actual promotional material.

QuiteEnjoyed2016

Dec 29, 2016
truckspond said:
Callate said:
"The Wanderer" being used to promote rampant violence? Can you imagine?

Can't they just allow it to remain a song about bragging about rampant sexual infidelity, as its creator intended?
Where pretty girls are, well you know that I'm around

My god, I never even noticed that!
Oh, well, there's Flo on my left and there's Mary on my right
And Janie is the girl, well, that I'll be with tonight
And when she asks me, which one I love the best?
I tear open my shirt and I show "Rosie" on my chest

Possibly even more pertinent verse.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Charli said:
Chewster said:
Charli said:
Managing a Game store, a loud, game store, with a cycle of about 6 adverts, for 9 hours a day. E3 is a blessing and a curse because now a new wave of annoyance has begun. And no I am not allowed to turn it off/down.
That's funny. I assume that head office chooses the ads for you. Do you know the process in picking them?

In high school I worked a year at a corner store and we had a local rock station piping though the speakers. It was picked by our regional manager, who looked and dressed like William Foster from Falling Down, right down to the haircut and all. I like the White Stripes and the Ataris but man was I sick of Seven Nation Army and that Boys of Summer cover by the time university rolled around.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Yeah, it looks like a baseless lawsuit. It will probably be settled out of court.

On the other hand, this is Zenimax we are talking about. Karma makes me wish there were hundreds of these pointless lawsuits and their legal team dies the death by a thousands cuts.

Chaosian

Mar 26, 2011
Charli said:
Sounds like hell.

I guess if Zenimax is going to live by the sword, it might as well live with getting stabbed a few times.

Mastigos

Aug 24, 2013
Charli said:

Mastigos

Aug 24, 2013
Callate said:
"The Wanderer" being used to promote rampant violence? Can you imagine?

Can't they just allow it to remain a song about bragging about rampant sexual infidelity, as its creator intended?
This ^^^