Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed 2

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Yahtzee must have a cold today. But yeah, I'll probably get the game if it's better than the first one.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Abedeus said:
Wow, he started complaining after the half of the video? The game must be freaking awesome.

Can you all stop reminding me of it, now? I'm still waiting for the PC version.
I know your pain brother, I know your pain...

RTR said:
The guy talking during the review was definetely not Yahtzee. In that little message he always has at the end of the credits, it was written as if someone was speaking for Yahtzee.
Whoever that guy is, he is no Yahtzee.
I thought the same thing too but after half of review it struck me that it MAY actually be Yahtzee - I felt something too familiar in his voice that no one has; I can't put my finger on it but it's unique. The thing is that Yahtzee is still somewhere in the review but he's slowly being turned into a crystal-clear speaking cyborg. We must save him by giving all our money to The Escapist to organise a rescue team! It's his only hope!

I think I have their account numbers here *searches for own account number* ... this may take a while... Please stay calm, have patience and bring all your money, and milk and cookies(he'll need those to recover from the brain washing I assure you)

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
MeXR said:
not a new mic, but a cold. Go watch the Heavenly Sword review.
very funny review
Darn it you're right... but I still say we should gather up all the money ... you know just in case SOMETHING does happen...*dun dun dun...*

But still he need milk and cookies for his cold soooooo..... you should give them to ME so I can test them for led poisoning(you know how his nemeses try to kill him).

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
So what...is the game worth buying or not? It was a decent review, but I still don't know if I should pick up the game or not. Yeesh.

kementari

Mar 18, 2008
Get well soon, Yahtzee! Your voice is much more cutting when it's not pitched so low. You sound like a different person altogether... a much nicer, much less cynical person.

Get well soon for the love of God~

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
What was wrong with the gun? I think that fact that Leonardo Da Vinci was handing you gadgets seemed to explain it away rather well. He's the Q to your Bond as it were. Besides, it's hardly like you're handed the Plasma Rifle from Doom now is it?

SoonerMatt

Apr 18, 2009
Here's hoping your cold blows over quick.

Good review; I've wanted this game for a while now and this just reinforced that fact.

Jaedon

Feb 8, 2009
I just can't believe he didn't pounce on the bit where it forces you to get every codex page. I liked the game till that part then after I gathered one or two I thought 'No, fuck this, I've better things to do than arbitrarily extend your game Ubisoft.'

abgaxel

Sep 22, 2009
Oi... Yes, this is Yahtzee's sickly voice. Such as is what happens when you have to put out a video every week without fail. As someone pointed out, you can compare it to his Heavenly Sword video, where he writes at the end that it was co-authored by a bottle of cough syrup. It's not a permanent format change unless he's got the plague, and it's not new audio equipment unless said equipment is shoved squarely up his nose. We'll have nasally Yahtzee back when the power of his hat purges the germs from its symbiotic host.

Anyham, in an effort to sound constructive: Good review, as per usual.

DeAvatar

Mar 27, 2009
Clever girl...I would like to see those minstrels try to get me, as they get shot with my boom stick. Nice review, get better Yahtzee!

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Sounded like we had a substitute Yahtzee for this review, but probably was (as many have surmised) a cold.

So, Assassin's Creed 2 sounds like it'd been improved from Assassin's Creed all around, but they went over the dividing line of "taking good advice" and severely into "listening to tossers" territory when the made the game waaay to easy. On top of this, the plot was apparently completely disconnected from the first game. Gotcha.

minotaur199

Sep 10, 2009
Thanks Yahtzee for reminding me why am I proud to be Croatian: Serious Sam! Best shooter around!

NeverMemory

Aug 12, 2009
Yahtzee (assuming that is Yahtzee) sounded drastically different; his voices sound like he had his nose pinched the entire time, and the pacing also feels a bit different- in fact, I'm ready to hand down the sentence that this was one episode of Zero Punctuation not done by Yahtzee.

Segadroid

Apparently a Premium Member now
Mar 20, 2009
Achilles007 said:
jackwooly said:
I don't like this new sounding voice
Yeah, what's with the new voice?
It certainly sounded different, almost like he smoked too much. The tone is a bit annoying for my taste, he now sounds like a bored shop assistant in a PC shop. "Hello, can I help you?"-badge included.

Usurpurus

Oct 12, 2009
It was almost definitely someone else as he dropped a T which I haven't heard him do...or at least I think.
Im so annoyed I have to wait til next year for the PC version -.-