Zero Punctuation: Awards for 2009

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
that was a Great epesode!! briliant names for the awards.

and thanks for including Atkinson!

we would like to make it clear that its not "Australia don't like mature games", not even "The Australian Government don't like mature games". ITS JUST LITERALLY THAT ONE FUCKER!

even the ratings board who actually experience, rate and ban the games want a mature rating!

so don't laugh at or feel sorry for Australia in general for not allowing mature games.

laugh or fell sorry for us for having a system so antiquated, redundant and just downright retarded that ONE RANDOM MP could have such an influence!!

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Chunklin said:
I was hoping for Borderlands to win geniunely good game.... I've had no end of fun with it.
Agreed!
Brilliant episode, quadruple amputee award made me laugh and the bit at the end about Back To The Future. Good stuff.

the1ultimate

Apr 7, 2009
I would add:

Most cliche'd: Dragon Age: Origins.

Most Delayed: Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Of course I am risking redundancy and the captain obvious mantle.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
pffft he didn't give the Everything proof shield award for the Most obstinate efusal to die award to Stephen Conroy.

because of him Yahtzee you might not even have the internet soon.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
theApoc said:
Dark Templar said:
theApoc said:
Borderlands while not perfect is a really great game that has brought something new to the console generation, fun/fast paced coop gameplay.
Except that consoles have been doing that since last gen. More so even.
Name one game on any console that is like Borderlands.
I didn't say there are last console games like Borderlands, I meant to say that there have been great games that had fun/fast paced gameplay for along time. Borderlands didn't invent fun co-op.

The only thing Borderlands brings to the table that is "new" is the kinda sorta sandbox world for 2 people to run around in.

teacupthesauceror

May 12, 2009
"Racism instead of legs" makes me giggle every time just for the way his vice goes all woobly.

I think he might've been saying Bruuuuuuutal Legend too much.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
oh yeah, what is your top 5 since you mentioned Ascreed 2 was hovering there (i'll take it Prototype and Infamous joined the ranks as well)

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
the1ultimate said:
I would add:

Most cliche'd: Dragon Age: Origins.

Most Delayed: Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Of course I am risking redundancy and the captain obvious mantle.
You earned it, congratulations! :D

gamepopper101

Aug 12, 2009
I knew Yahtzee would spread bullshit about Mario in the franchise that refuses to die award, but decided to give it to a politician because Mario is too obvious. Oh, what about Sonic or Lara Croft? Dickhead!

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Even though a life long die hard Resident Evil fan i still have to agree with this video. Resident Evil 5, despite having great graphics, cool cinematics and fun gameplay, was just a big dispappointment. I think i would have liked it better if it had controls similar to dead space (evolution), just Chris fighting alone against the majini (horror) and a more developed backstory detailing Ozwells Spencer motives and whereabouts since Redident Evil 1. I wasent expecting it to be MGS4 but still. Oh well i understand that there are some new dlc coming in the form of new chapters. So i guess 2010 also means a clean slate for me and RE5. But great video overall, as always! :)

bmff

Dec 13, 2009
Yahtzee's voice is a bit low in volume this time! Oh, my. Not to mention sounding little bit, "Nice".
Enjoyable video this week!

wheel

Mar 6, 2009
I was actually kind of impressed by the blackened stump of a heart still. I've never taken much notice of the art in ZP but now I think about it, it strikes me as pretty clever.

Jens Viking

Nov 19, 2009
I started the episode and there was no title music = WIN!! Like a bacon sandwich without bread.. in a bowl, obviously.

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
bmff said:
Yahtzee's voice is a bit low in volume this time! Oh, my. Not to mention sounding little bit, "Nice".
Enjoyable video this week!
OOOO someone else noticed that... congrats. I thought my hearing was going off.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Liked not having the intro music this time. I usually forget to turn down the volume before I watch and end up having my ears fall out from between my headphones.

Great video.

I haven't got Batman: Arkham Asylum yet. I plan to when college stops making me poor. So far, I have been reduced to watching a friend play it over the winter break.

oneshotfinchy

May 10, 2009
So good=perfect in Yahtzee's eyes? No game is perfect(besides tetris). The dig at Michael Atkinson was great though.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
-BloodRush- said:
so what exactly happened with duke nukem forever? i remember watching Yahtzee's review and telling my brother it was out, only to be met with little to no evidence of that actually happening.
The conspiracy claims another victim.