Zero Punctuation: Batman: Arkham City

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Batman: Arkham City

This week, Zero Punctuation returns to the black tights of everyone's favorite caped crusader.

Watch Video

Smogger

Nov 8, 2010
Good vid. I have yet to get around to the first Batman game, but I might take advantage of the buy the second and get the first free deal that my local shop has.

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
I preordered Asylum on PC, will Catwoman be available to me too?

I'm thinking of just waiting for steam to make this thing super cheap and buying Saints Row 3 instead...

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Absolutely fantastic. Especially then end worth a great chuckle. While I probably should be thrown in the loony bin, I can't say I've ever played AA and probably won't play AC...wait a minute! A.rhkam C.ity!?! D.C. Comics!?! A.C. by D.C.!?! o_o It makes perfect sense now.

Dr_Steve_Brule

Mar 28, 2010
What the
Leave Bat vision on? Are you bloody insane?
You can't figure out anything with bat vision on.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Excellent review, as always.

I have to wonder, which side-quests get locked off? Cause I never had this problem.

And I agree, I do miss the Scarecrow section from the first game. Although the Mad Hatter does try his hardest to compensate.

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
Great review as always with a brilliantly savvy ending.
Also managed to keep up the critiscism for such an otherwise good game.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I kind of hated the Catwoman levels too. I realize that I didn't have to download it, but at the time I din't know any better. Anyway all the other reviewers were going on about how awesome it was that the Catwoman levels implemented itself into the story, but I hated that because I felt it broke up the pacing.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Enjoyed the little pre-owned dig there. Haven't played the game and never will. Still a good watch though.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Dr_Steve_Brule said:
What the
Leave Bat vision on? Are you bloody insane?
You can't figure out anything with bat vision on.
I found it really difficult to do the stealth segments without Bat Vision on. Especially the ones outside where the enemies are spread out everywhere.

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
I didn't like the Catwoman sections much either. She's like a crappier version of Batman with no real helpful gadgets.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I must admit, side missions in sandboxes that get locked off without any warning whatsoever are the bane of my existence. I still haven't built up the courage to play through the entire story of GTA 3 again just to unlock the sight of ice cream vans driving around my Liberty city...

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Pretty much agree on all points, and yeah if it weren't for the strategy guide I would've missed all those side-missions as well.

That said I still like the game, and once you get the Rapnel Boost it becomes so much easier and fun to actually travel around. I also thought the actual way you got the Riddler trophoies is better this time around than in Asylum. The only issue I was surprised you didn't bring up is while the ending worked for what they wanted, the end boss didn't really seem like an end boss.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
I am glad for the issues he states because I had them too.
I would say he was more positive about this game than I was which is unusually though.
Bigger really DOES NOT mean better though.

The little bit about wanting to die after reading his last weblog post was a bit jarring and sad. I hope the little guy is holding up well. No noose around his neck or anything.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Side missions locked off?

Anyone care to elaborate on this? It didn't happen to me.