Zero Punctuation: Bayonetta

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Brilliant as always, I can't understand the obsession with my friends over this game, I just cannot get into it. Maybe years of playing the DMC series means I can only love them.

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Not very interested in the game, but I'm now going to look up some gameplay videos just to see how long her legs are lol. Spirit Tracks and Professor Layton sucking up all my time...

Oops forgot it's a bunch of Nintendo haters here :p

PedrosPizza

Oct 9, 2009
hahaha... looks like I won't be getting Bayonetta afterall, due to the lack of money and that it is shit... =P

outcast_within

Apr 24, 2009
How about next time not review the version that is broken?
shakes head ps3 version really? U did it on purpose right so you got an extra thing to complain about.

Boneasse

Jul 16, 2008
Less angry than last week. A good thing I reckon!

Anyways, a nice review as always. Has me rethinking whether or not to get it.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
PhiMed said:
I have to say I agree with this wholeheartedly. I was as confused as Yahtzee is as to what the hell I was watching. But I'll be honest. I was pretty damn entertained.

Then I was mad because I got the "stone medal". Screw you, game! I beat you! Isn't that sufficient?
If you want better than a stone trophy you'll need to go back and play the levels again without dying so much or using many items. Sounds easy right? Don't worry, the more you play the better you get.

Right?

A1

Jul 9, 2009
Okay, in all fairness a patch for the PS3 version of the game is on the way and it allegedly goes a long way toward improving the loading time issues. Of course it was made by Sony, not Sega. I wish I was surprised. The Sega developers have obviously never had lunch with the Naughty Dog developers so to speak.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Here's the two main issues for the PS3 version for thos who don't know: "Frequent, lengthy load times and frame rate hiccups during high-action sequences."

It's kinda odd since the PS3 is the last console that should have these problems, but I guess it's all in the (poorly done) porting.

inpachi

Apr 17, 2009
This has to be one of my all time favorites! I loved the "Like Devil May Cry(BUT)" haha! Cuz its so true haha!

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
So did you really like the game? I found it to be quite enjoyable, even though it was a bit over the top, cheesy and the stench of overly sexed themes... But I liked 'em all. Hell, I think Bayonetta soothes my unrequited lesbian notions...
[sub]...just saying... I love men! I really do.

DON'T JUDGE ME![/sub]

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
MercurySteam said:
PhiMed said:
I have to say I agree with this wholeheartedly. I was as confused as Yahtzee is as to what the hell I was watching. But I'll be honest. I was pretty damn entertained.

Then I was mad because I got the "stone medal". Screw you, game! I beat you! Isn't that sufficient?
If you want better than a stone trophy you'll need to go back and play the levels again without dying so much or using many items. Sounds easy right? Don't worry, the more you play the better you get.

Right?
Um... okay. I was making a joke in agreement with one that Yahtzee made. Did you assume I had a developmental disorder, are you being facetious, or are you trolling? I'm aware that better performance will improve the trophy I get. I doubt, however, that I'll go back to play the game more than a second time. It's fun, but it's not fun or interesting enough for me to obsess over perfecting. After all, I have a job, a life, and a wife.

Jack T Robyn

Nov 18, 2009
Looks like the Bayonetta 1.01 patch addresses one of the presented issues, now you can install the game on the PS3HDD.

Rickmanguy

Sep 2, 2009
I was kind of expecting him to call it a Devil May Cry clone, because that's what the game feels like. Not that there's anything wrong with that, the DMC games are pretty fun, what with their stylistic combat and AAARGH

Funny review, really liked the AAARGH bits for some reason.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Fredrick2003 said:
Stabby Joe said:
After playing the demo I found the gameplay over the top but in a god way...

...however the music really annoyed me, but made worse were all the critics went on to say how good it was while I found it sugary repetitive J-pop... something that plenty of gamers hate.
I love sugary sweet J-pop, the soundtrack owns.

Tastes and stuff ~
I know it comes down to taste but most tracks in games, those who don't like them can just think "it's alright, I can get used to it". With J-Pop its love or hate, no middle ground.