Zero Punctuation: Beatles Rock Band and Guitar Hero 5

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Nooooooooooo, I was stating my opinion on the game.
Yes, you were.
And, considering how most gamers who play RB/GH think of those games, your opinion was very inflammatory, and you gave no reason justifying that inflammatory claim.

Just because you didn't intend to flame, doesn't mean you didn't.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Maze1125 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Nooooooooooo, I was stating my opinion on the game.
Yes, you were.
And, considering how most gamers who play RB/GH think of those games, your opinion was very inflammatory, and you gave no reason justifying that inflammatory claim.

Just because you didn't intend to flame, doesn't mean you didn't.
If you interpreted it as a flame then I'd say the problem is YOURS, not mine. And since my post was addressed to Yahtzee and not you, I have half a mind to tell you to STFU since I wasn't even talking to you. And alright, you want justification? Well as I already stated, gameplay consists entirely of pressing buttons in sequence with those scrolling past on the screen, kinda reminiscent of the kind of thing usually found in mini-games and QTEs excepts the hardcore Rock music by big name musicians and the special plastic guitar controller. And don't tell me it's not for casual gamers (again, not that that's a bad thing. I don't know where it's written that a so-called "hardcore gamer" can't play and enjoy a "casual game" now and then), 'cause I saw a commercial just last night for X-Box360 and Rock Band 2 that featured a mom going "It's Fun Time."

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
If you interpreted it as a flame then I'd say the problem is YOURS, not mine.
"You're a complete and utter moron, but I don't mean that as an inuslt, and if you take it as such the problem is yours not mine."

Yeah, that doesn't really fly...

And since my post was addressed to Yahtzee and not you,
Oh bollocks, you can't honestly have expected Yahtzee to care about what you were saying, and as such your comment was meant as a comment about Yahtzee and rhythm games, aimed at people in general.

And if, somehow, you did think Yahtzee might care about what you had to say, then you'd probably deserve any flaming you might get.

And alright, you want justification?
Not really. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of making an inflammatory statement without justification and then asking people not to flame you back.

And I think your last post clearly proved my point, you implicitly flamed me at least twice, but you can't seem to take any criticism yourself.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Maze1125 said:
canadamus_prime said:
If you interpreted it as a flame then I'd say the problem is YOURS, not mine.
"You're a complete and utter moron, but I don't mean that as an inuslt, and if you take it as such the problem is yours not mine."

Yeah, that doesn't really fly...

And since my post was addressed to Yahtzee and not you,
Oh bollocks, you can't honestly have expected Yahtzee to care about what you were saying, and as such your comment was meant as a comment about Yahtzee and rhythm games, aimed at people in general.

And if, somehow, you did think Yahtzee might care about what you had to say, then you'd probably deserve any flaming you might get.

And alright, you want justification?
Not really. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of making an inflammatory statement without justification and then asking people not to flame you back.

And I think your last post clearly proved my point, you implicitly flamed me at least twice, but you can't seem to take any criticism yourself.
That's not the same thing and you know it! Only hardcore douche bags (now that's a flame) take the term "casual gamer" as an insult or a flame or whatever. Since I don't count myself among them, I'm not going to be using that term as an insult that means if you take it as an insult that's your problem.

Of course I don't expect Yahtzee to care about what I'm saying. Of course all I meant witht that post was that I found it odd that Yahtzee liked the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games since they seemed to feature or revolve around stuff he hates. That's all I was trying to say with that post. I didn't want to insult anyone or flame anyone or anything, but it was late when I posted it and I didn't feel like typing out an incredibly lengthy disclaimer in the event someone like yourself got their shorts in a knot.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
but it was late when I posted it and I didn't feel like typing out an incredibly lengthy disclaimer in the event someone like yourself got their shorts in a knot.
It was your attempt at a disclaimer that annoyed me in the first place.

I wouldn't have cared if you'd just pointed out that rhythm games were basically just casual quite time events, because they are. But the fact is that such a statement could easily be taken badly. And then you asked people not to flame you.

You didn't want people to flame you, but you couldn't be bothered to be careful not to flame someone yourself. That's hypocrisy.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Maze1125 said:
canadamus_prime said:
but it was late when I posted it and I didn't feel like typing out an incredibly lengthy disclaimer in the event someone like yourself got their shorts in a knot.
It was your attempt at a disclaimer that annoyed me in the first place.

I wouldn't have cared if you'd just pointed out that rhythm games were basically just casual quite time events, because they are. But the fact is that such a statement could easily be taken badly. And then you asked people not to flame you.

You didn't want people to flame you, but you couldn't be bothered to be careful not to flame someone yourself. That's hypocrisy.
Well I kinda thought that if I put "Plz don't flame me" people would get the hint that I meant no offence.

bluebrino

Dec 10, 2009
The only reason I would want to buy this game is because I'm a huge Nirvana fan and love Kurt Cobain but at the same time I hate the fact Courtney Love just ruined his image by giving Guitar Hero the rights to use Kurt Cobain in their game because her haroin supply was running dry becuase none of her old customers will pay her to suck their cocks anymore because she's such a fucking ugly *****. But another thing that puts me off guitar hero 5 is the fact that the Nirvana setlist that is used to unlock Kurt has only two songs on it, both of which were overpopularized by stupid MTV fans who follow trends because they want to be in the "in" crowd and act like they're hardcore Nirvana fans when they can only name ONE FUCKING SONG (smells like teen spirit)! And thanks to these people, that song is completely ruined for me now, even though it was an amazing song. So I hope you're happy with yourself MTV. Oh wait...this is a thread about Guitar Hero 5 and not MTV? Oh um sorry... but I still stand behind my veiwpoint 100%. Also the song Yahtzee mentioned in the credits was Won't Get Fooled Again.

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
Endocrom said:
they (GH) are also nickel and diming for Queen songs, and none of them are even Bohemian Rhapsody
I just found out it's gonna be in the newest GH installment: warriors of rock. Although yu probably dont go on this site anymore...

NermanQ

Aug 11, 2010
I think the "all songs unlocked at the beginning" thing was less of a complaint and more of a "why?" After all, it's the first time the songs are all available from the start in guitar hero, but it took them five or six games to implement such an obvious concept.

Jakovavich

Feb 22, 2011
Riding on Thermals said:
AHA! For someone who's made their career off of the nitpicking of a genre rife with overrated mediocrity you don't even take the tiniest swing at the Beatles themselves...

For that and that alone, this review has failed.
Fuck no! The thing is, the Beatles are ferpect. There is simply nothing wrong with them besides Revolution 9.