Zero Punctuation: Braid

Auroch

Aug 14, 2008
Great little double-entendre snuck in there:

"and then it's back to text boxes which leave me confused and unsatisfied, which incidentally is how my girlfriend feels most nights and I refuse to accept that it's just because I'm THICK."

I lol'd.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
DeLukas post=6.69741.669823 said:
Thanks much for the heads up on a game I might otherwise have missed seeing completely.
Is this the first gaming-related website you've perused since the game came out or something? You can't throw a brick without someone gushing over the game.

MarkChen

Aug 27, 2008
To answer Yahtzee's nitpick.
The reason some doors do not open, you'll notice it's only in the "Time and Place" world, is because you're approaching the door from the right (walking left towards it).
If you recall, walking left reverses the flow of time. For the same reason that jumping left on top of a goomba doesn't kill it, walking left with a key into a door doesn't open it. The game's rules of cause and effect require that time be flowing forward.

I agree that this particular mechanic was a little tedious and ultimately added very little to the gameplay, but it was far from an arbitrary mechanic, it served to illustrate one of the consequences of that particular time manipulation theme.

The Admiral

Jul 23, 2008
When shitier games cost three times the price of braid, I don't understand how you can complain.

Meneguzzi

Apr 22, 2007
So what type of tax do we pay at fucking UK? Too much rain? Uglier women? Oh fuck, we are just being robbed then!

JoeNut

Aug 27, 2008
having the nicest beaches tax, classic!

Now i just need to find a reason why us brits pay twice as much as the americans, our beaches are brown.

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I was eating corn flakes when I watched this... and well.. let's just say that half the bowl came out of my nose :S This was BRILLIANT pretty good! Maybe because yahtzee has some points of view that are similar to mine. Well, only 7 days till the next episode ^^

ReverseEngineered

Raving Lunatic
Apr 30, 2008
Not a bad review, though I was somewhat disappointed that he tried to garner so much negativity when he admitted that he actually liked the game. If he liked it so much, why focus on the nitpicking?

Ripping a bad game is hilarious, but bitching about nitpicks is just annoying. Just like the Portal review, it's okay to say, "Finally, a game that did something right."

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
xtreme_phoenix post=6.69741.669799 said:
I love how people comment on a video that hasn't been up long enough for them to even start watching it. STFU and watch before you comment.
I love how people get bitter that they weren't one of the first people to post.

Meneguzzi post=6.69741.669858 said:
So what type of tax do we pay at fucking UK? Too much rain? Uglier women? Oh fuck, we are just being robbed then!
We pay the '***** to the banks' tax. And we like it! Now bow!

Solo508

Jul 19, 2008
Nice, earlier than usual! I've been trying to support the more independant game makers these days since they are the ones that are going to bring EA down. Anyways, I'm still wondering when/if your going to reply to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s

Before any of you ZP enthusiasts go onto there and shout at people, remember this is a parody and therefor a joke. :) Anyways, great review Yahtzee, its good to see you bashing the fancy graphics! :D

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
If either 360 or ps3(fairly sure its coming to psn soonish) had paypal for online buying I could actually play this game. Ah well guess I'll go back to my generic shooters.

Rag Doll

Aug 16, 2008
Funny stuff as always. Got in more originality than the few previous ones. Symphatise with hate of americans. (I'm not a terrorist, I'm european)
I think these more "intelligent" (I could never say it without quotes) reviews.

Miniges

Aug 20, 2008
Well it's nice to hear he has a girlfriend. But I don't own a consle so I can only watch this video for entertainment value, which is alright I guess. He hasn't reviewed a Pc game for about 6 weeks me thinks...