Zero Punctuation: Braid

SaintDuskfall

Aug 21, 2008
I played a trial of Braid, didn't really like it. Great review though.

That new intro song (I guess it could be called 'new', though it's been around a while now) is really growing on me. I like it. I want it. :p

Rath709

Mar 18, 2008
I wouldn't want one, but I am half tempted to Google "Master Chief Novelty Condoms", just to see.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
Miniges post=6.69741.669896 said:
Well it's nice to hear he has a girlfriend. But I don't own a consle so I can only watch this video for entertainment value, which is alright I guess. He hasn't reviewed a Pc game for about 6 weeks me thinks...
Prince of Persia was a PC Game.

SYSTEM-J

Aug 7, 2008
If you're reading this Yahtzee: always remember that deadpan is the finest form of comic delivery. I've noticed in the last two/three videos he's been stressing certain punchlines with a tone of despair or anger. It feels like perfectly good jokes are being forced a little, when they'd have come off fine in the slightly sneering monotone.

I appreciate that in this instance it was probably to accentuate the So Very Angry rant at the beginning and it was nice to hear someone vocalise the anger I tend to feel constantly these days regarding games. I haven't paid money for a new game since 2004 and I've no intention of being one of those poor hypocrites who like to rant about the state of gaming while forking out for Generic Shooter 3 because it might be "better than I expected".

linkages555

Jan 4, 2008
Opinion..... Yathzee already knows this is brilliant video but im here to talk about something else and i hope i can attract your attention and yathzee too......since yathzeee has mencion multiple times games as an art form i wish he could an especial episode about it ...to discuss what does i need to be come a good game and artistic one ...and since prince of persia, killer 7 shadow of the collosus, no more heroes... already have been mention i wish he could talk more about it...... and other games like super columbine rpg and otheres game that call themselves art

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
Brilliant one this week. Loving the game but I do see his points. Makes up for last week when he hurt my feelings by destroying SCIV - oh, wait, it was still funny and right.

Roto13

Apr 23, 2008
I don't think I'd call Final Fantasy XII a "cookie cutter sequel" when it's pretty different from the other Final Fantasy games. Also, I own every single one of the games you held as examples of innovation. xP

I don't have an Xbox, but I'm definitely going to get Braid when the PC version is released. Or, better yet, a PS3 version if one is ever announced.

SimpleReally

Feb 4, 2008
i disagree with you about FF12 being cookie cutter, i cant think of any other sequel that altered the gameplay as much as FF12

I've also played beyond good and evil and psychonauts, the latter while original and with some funny moments still has shit gameplay and some of the worst character designs i've ever seen in a game

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
I also blame Adrian :D. As one who doesn't have a 360, I can't check on the validity of this review, but Braid does sound like fun.