Zero Punctuation: Braid

Stelman257

Apr 5, 2008
"Welcome to my world Mother Fuckers". I laughed pretty hard when he said this because, living in Australia i know how he feels.
Still seeing him not give half a damn about the prices has inspired me.
Oh and in Queensland (where Yahtzee lives) the beaches there are beautiful.
Went there for a holiday a few months ago.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
WTF is with the word 'intertubes'? Am I right in thinking that this ridiculous colloquialism comes from the states? Sounds like one of those god-awful hybrid phrases like 'fantabulas' (sp?)

A little off topic perhaps but things like that bug me.

We don't have a shit-beach tax or anything like that in England. We just have a long list of taxes that is constantly being 'reviewed'. And by that I mean constantly updated with new taxes. No questions, no delay in paying, no problem. Joy!

ginsengaddict

Aug 14, 2008
HOLY CRAP! perhaps i shouldn't be so surprised, he probably got a fancy hostile letter from someone named adrian and decided to stick it to him.. but that wasn't me..

but my name is adrian.. so: HOLY CRAP!

who else here got that "HOLY CRAP!" feeling from being named adrian?

cinister 47

Aug 28, 2008
What he said about the teabagging reaction i can understand one of my friends who plays a lot of FPS's broke his left analog stick from teabagging to many people

Archaeology Hat

Nov 6, 2007
Inriri post=6.69741.671708 said:
Yea, I blame the masses for bad games too, but mostly furries. They ruin everything, even drinks now.
Yes, furries need to be blamed for more things that are clearly actually their fault... damn furries.

Llama Boy

Aug 27, 2008
haha my name's Adrian, that was pretty scary 4 me...
another quality review, i think maybe yahtzee's a bit more pissed off than usual, maybe he just hasn't gotten laid in a while...

frozenpnx

Jun 19, 2008
I am an Adrian, and you scared the shit out of me for a moment. Especially cuz I play "weird" and "different" games.

Platinum117

Aug 15, 2008
Pastey Old Greg post=6.69741.669817 said:
This is gonna start a tornado from the teabaggers, but I think it's his best one so far.
A teabagging tornado.... hmm i shall have to experiment with this...

Goatmancer

Aug 28, 2008
Jeez, there's alot of people named Adrian who watched this, including myself. Freaked me out, but I laughed my ass off. At least none of you have the same last name as a failed and formerly overhyped American Idol reject.

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thumbs up for the latest video.

Wait... people complain $15 is too much for a game?
I paid $95 USD for Call of Duty 4 for christ sake.

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
I think people are overreacting a bit. I don't see all where all this "games suck nowadays" comes from; there have always been shitty games in the market; overhyped and dissappointing shitty games; as a matter of fact I think that the industry is giving us more games to choose from than ever before; there are A LOT of games out there: good, bad, indie, mainstreem; puzzles, FPS's, Action, action-adventure, RPG's, action RPG's, stratigy RPG's, RTS's, TBS's, MMORPG's, Jesus Christ there is something (or a lot) for everyone, just pick you're game (a lot of them are actually very good if people just stop being so negative about it), and why does everyone have to constantly complain? The only grudge I have against the gaming industry these days is that things are a bit overblown; what I mean is that games would rather impress you than entertain you (specifically the FPS genre, which I'm not fond of at all) but that is something I can hardly complain about because I only play what I like (RPG's, adventure games, and the likes... oh and I actually enjoyed Gears of War). So as long as I know what I like and what I enjoy playing (and as long as games are being created) games will always be something to have fun with, a form of escape to a virtual world, as opposed to something that stresses me out because I choose to only embrace everything that's negative about it.

rjc34

May 21, 2008
Excellent review as always. Still hilarious.

On a side note, I bought a copy of painkiller because...well... shirukens and lightning!
I have to say, excellent choice on that one. Very fun to play, and does really remind me of Doom I and II.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Really people, are you serious?

I was gonna post: "Whatever happend to being funny and clever as opposed to being an angry if eloquent misanthrope foaming at the mouth while rabidly calling everyone a moron?"

Don't you people have better things to do than inflate Yahtzee's already vast ego?

(appologies to those who actually did say something other than "grate as usul" or some variation with worse or better spelling)

keyton777

Aug 14, 2008
funny one, for an arcade game at least, and damn you adrian!
also if you teabag ppl online you are a prick and should go give a 12gauge shotgun a terminal blowjob

parttimeesthete

Aug 14, 2008
dannydamage post=6.69741.673075 said:
WTF is with the word 'intertubes'? Am I right in thinking that this ridiculous colloquialism comes from the states? Sounds like one of those god-awful hybrid phrases like 'fantabulas' (sp?)
"Intertubes" is just a word for the internet going around as a joke on the web. It started with this old senator who said some stupid stuff about networks, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE .
But you're right, it's a bit stupid to actually use it. I just got so used to it.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
parttimeesthete post=6.69741.673639 said:
dannydamage post=6.69741.673075 said:
"Intertubes" is just a word for the internet going around as a joke on the web. It started with this old senator who said some stupid stuff about networks, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE .
But you're right, it's a bit stupid to actually use it. I just got so used to it.
Oh right, thanks. To be fair I thought we'd already made up a mock word (interweb) to abuse the fashionable-net users, why did we need another?

Is it a circle of net-noobs thinking their not noobs anymore and their only way to attempt to prove it is by calling people who have been net users for 2 months less than themselves a new name?

*Sigh* I'm that disappointed by the chewing and spitting out of the English language I can't be arsed to rant anymore.

Klendt

Aug 20, 2008
It looks like Yahzee thought (mostly correctly, unfortunately, Adrian you stupid *****) that he was going to get that jab about teabagging to pass through without people noticing what he was actually talking about. Unfortunately, human beings are born with the talent of being able to smell bullshit better than they can make it. Nice try. Passive-aggressive pussyfooting isn't going to get you anywhere. I'm not forgetting that flagrant disregard for an entire dimension of fun that easily, either. He's in denial at this point. "Well, it's apparent that I can't come up with any clever plans when under fire, so it looks like it's time to claim that slow-paced puzzlers are much more satisfying anyways!" Yeah. Uh-huh. I bet those grapes were bitter anyways. I'll believe that load of bull the day he comes home from Evolution without getting jabbed to death in his first round of Super Turbo.