Zero Punctuation: Call of Duty: Black Ops

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Hopefully we'll all love Homefront!
And yes, zombies do seem to be a necessary requirement now.

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
I find it funny that Yahtzee's review complains about the game being to spastic while the Escapist review complains about it being to uneventful. Just kinda something I noticed.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
I keep telling myself I won't buy the new Call of Duty games but I always do. Its the multiplayer. Its the ultimate skinner box and I can't get enough.

Speaking of multiplayer though, I know its not Yahtzee's thing but I think its a huge improvement over MW2. Everything's been nerfed and the game is much better for it. Everything feels more balanced.

tadaaaaa

Nov 20, 2009
I heard you read from Machine of Death earlier today, Yahtzee. Hearing you talk at a regular pace was funny on principle.

Also, yes, this video was very nice. I love it when you struggle to entirely hate a game so you just go for the tangents.

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
Lots of creepy metaphors today. As for the next world war, North and South Koreas little spats might be a trigger, with the USA backing the South and China backing the North...
I really hope not but you never know...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
its so weird how much we love to have games set in hypothetical invasion situations when you consider that its sooo unlikely, its much more likely that we would have another civil war

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
I don't really approve of his pining for war, but overall I have to agree with some of his political... metaphors...

That being said, que the fanboys because they're gonna tear this one up because Yahtzee said the same thing that Russ Pitts did

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
I too got the inspector Gadget theme stuck in my head, although only because of the inspector PINGAS remix.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
dont hate the zombies. soon they will all be gone and we wont see them in games for a long time.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Kaboom?

Have to agree, where was the stealth in this game? Sure wasn't in the exploding crossbow.

And, Nixon Zombie mode?

Sold me.

jokulhaups

Aug 13, 2008
Fronzel said:
Let me point out the Reservoir Dogs reference in the credits so we can move past that.

Oh, never mind; fifty other people are going to mention it anyway.
Ugh, I wanted to point it out! Damn your movie knowledge!

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
And queue the piles of death-threats from over patriotic americans and american dad fans.

Have to admit this is the best ZP I've seen in a long time and hits the nail right on the head, Treyarch promised a more stealth oriented game and then attempted to clone modern warfare. Was really dissapointed by the single player in Black ops.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Very humorous, nicely done Yahtzee. Best one in a long while. I had almost considered getting Black Ops until I realized I've already played this game before... every other modern FPS.