Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Amaror said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Amaror said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Couch Radish said:
And remember guys, our dear Croshaw doesn't review games, he criticizes them. He points out the flaws while talking about it and giving his opinion.

You want a review? Go to the hundreds of game review websites there are.

Also, that's another cop out argument I love. "He's not a reviewer, he's a comedian." You do know the old idiom "It's funny because it's true," right?
Ok i understood you a little wrong there. But i did not say that Yathzee wasn't a reviewer. But he most certainly isn't an objective one and not one to get a valid impression on how the game really is.
Maybe he can help with decissions if you completely know his style of reviewing and know that you have a really similar taste in games, but otherwise you should just watch the videos for the fun they are.
You're right, he's not objective. As a matter of fact, no good reviewers can possibly be objective. Because to do so would simply mean that they can only state facts about the game, and have no opinions in their evaluation

For instance, it is a fact that MW3 includes a variety of guns. It is an opinion that these guns either do or don't provide enough of a varied experience to the gameplay. It is a fact that MW3 continues the story of the fictional war between NATO and Russia. It is an opinion that this story is either very captivating or makes absolutely no sense. It is a fact that the game has multiplayer. It is an opinion that the multiplayer is either really thrilling or a derivative camp fest filled with profanity spewing juveniles.

If you want someone to make an objective analysis of a game, they can't use any opinions in doing so, because the instant they do so it enters the realm of subjectivity, unless there's some kind of magical system of principles for game design and audience response that everyone on the planet has signed up to. And without having opinions of how various facets of the game work, they can't possibly evaluate it properly.
Well, ok, if you want to take his reviews completely seriously then thats fine, but don't blame anyone if you miss actually good games like Saboteur etc.
Lets just conclude: I like Yathzee a lot too. But his taste in games and his focussing only on bad aspects of games is something you have to very much take into consideration if you watch his reviews.

Markunator

Nov 10, 2011
trollpwner said:
Markunator said:
Having any of those things would be counterproductive to the kind of game that Battlefield 3 is trying to be. It can't possibly have those things in it and still be a true sequel to Battlefield 2. Judge a game for what it is, not for what it never intended to be. It's supposed to be a fairly realistic game, mind you.
Oh god, the fanboy rears his head to mindlessly defend his beloved franchise. I'd like to know why you picked on my post that was just casually chatting with someone else, rather than looking at Battlefield 3. Don't act innocent. I saw your other 20 posts, yelling at others who dared give Battlefield any other treatment than the lavish tongue-bath.

Instead of wasting my valuable life falling into the trap of opening myself up to your flaming, I'd like to ask you a question: what is it you think you are achieving? Nobody else here is going to change their opinion, no matter what you say. Face it: other people are going to sometimes dislike the things you like. Deal with it. There's nothing you can do about it. So please stop making this posts flaming anyone who dares dislike Battlefield 3. It's not helping anyone and, if anything, it just makes people hate the franchise more because it is associated with people like you.

Oh, don't bother replying to this. It just makes you look like you can't handle criticism.

CAPTCHA: (for both people who care) mpogni problem? WTF? Sounds like trollface sneezing!
I don't understand how you can think that what I have been doing counts as "flaming". I'm just explaining to people how I disagree with them, and pointing out things that I thought they were wrong about. I actually thought I went about it pretty eloquently, but I'm guessing that you disagree. It's amazing how it's okay for everyone on this board to critisize Battlefield 3, but it's not okay for people for critisize the people who critisize Battlefield 3.

Oh, and as for your plea that I shouldn't respond to your post: I'll respond to whatever I want, thank you very much.

Markunator

Nov 10, 2011
trollpwner said:
This is outright screaming at anyone who says "Battlefield 3 might not be the best game ever" or that "it's a bit like CoD". And not even on any real evidence! You just state your opinion or, at best, state a feature from the came without giving a reason why it supports your argument! That is not criticism. You are simply insisting that anyone who doesn't love CoD[sub]Whoops![/sub] Battlefield as much as you do must be an idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about! It's absurdly pointless. Stop it please.
I have already given several reasons as to why Battlefield 3 is not like Call of Duty, at least not multiplayer-wise. Perhaps you should learn to read properly.

I don't really think that I have been unreasonable or fanboyish in my defense of Battlefield 3, which, again, you will find out if you look at the things I bring up in its defense.

I don't really see how I'm being more "entitled" than anyone else on this forum. Oh right, because I'm not agreeing with the rest of the mindless Yahtzee drones.

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
trollpwner said:
It's not helping anyone and, if anything, it just makes people hate the franchise more because it is associated with people like you.
This. I know it's silly to base an opinion of a game on a minority, but the kind of people who mindlessly defend Battlefield by bashing Call of Duty soured my opinion of the series to a point were it seems like most people like it because they're trying to be non-comformist.

Now, I know that's not true but when you read so many comments from people who can only express their love of Battlefield by telling everyone how much they hate Call of Duty...

Breno

Jul 4, 2008
if we the user can get banned for starting flame wars....then maybe yatzee should too :p

also id dont like the comparing method espcally when he gone say there crap anyway....wats the point?

Markunator

Nov 10, 2011
trollpwner said:
Markunator said:
trollpwner said:
This is outright screaming at anyone who says "Battlefield 3 might not be the best game ever" or that "it's a bit like CoD". And not even on any real evidence! You just state your opinion or, at best, state a feature from the came without giving a reason why it supports your argument! That is not criticism. You are simply insisting that anyone who doesn't love CoD[sub]Whoops![/sub] Battlefield as much as you do must be an idiot who doesn't know what they're talking about! It's absurdly pointless. Stop it please.
I have already given several reasons as to why Battlefield 3 is not like Call of Duty, at least not multiplayer-wise. Perhaps you should learn to read properly.

I don't really think that I have been unreasonable or fanboyish in my defense of Battlefield 3, which, again, you will find out if you look at the things I bring up in its defense.

I don't really see how I'm being more "entitled" than anyone else on this forum. Oh right, because I'm not agreeing with the rest of the mindless Yahtzee drones.
Hey, look! You're doing it again! You're insisting that anyone who dares call you out a "Yahtzee drone" who needs to "learn to read". On no basis but your opinion- again! Just the same as all your "proof". You just state your opinion and demand that we all agree, because heaven forbid that people disagree with you, oh great omnipotent master of the universe! Imagine everything not being how you want!

GTFO. This is just sad. Endlessly stating something that you think is true (with no evidence) and flaming anyone who dares to disagree. If you want to be on these forums, learn to use logic and reason, instead of screaming your opinion and demanding that everyone agree.
Patronizing me and telling me to "GTFO" isn't going to make me GTFO, I'm afraid. I don't really see how I have been "screaming" here. My point is simply that Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 are not the same game. When looking at the multiplayer, they're not even all that similar.

Oh, and as for evidence: watch some gameplay videos of Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer, then watch some gameplay videos of Battlefield 3's multiplayer. There's your evidence.

Also, did you not see the post in which I listed several differences between the two games? Again, learn to read.

Markunator

Nov 10, 2011
trollpwner said:
Markunator said:
Patronizing me and telling me to "GTFO" isn't going to make me GTFO, I'm afraid. I don't really see how I have been "screaming" here. My point is simply that Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 are not the same game. When looking at the multiplayer, they're not even all that similar.

Oh, and as for evidence: watch some gameplay videos of Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer, then watch some gameplay videos of Battlefield 3's multiplayer. There's your evidence.

Also, did you not see the post in which I listed several differences between the two games? Again, learn to read.
Bleh, bleh, bleh. Spare me.

Hey, guess what? I looked at the two on youtube? And you know what? They're both almost exactly the same. Oh, what's that? I'm a moron that doesn't know how to watch a video? Because I don't immediately parrot your opinion? I'm a Yahtzee zombie? [Hey, that sounds like a nice mod for CoD...]

But that's all your opinion! Just like your "several differences" between the games that I didn't "learn to read" because I didn't immediately declare you right! Once again, you have nothing but your opinion to back up anything you say. You are here just to demand that everyone in the world love battlefield just because you do, instead of just accepting that people will sometimes dislike things you like.

Fine. Go ahead. Troll if you want. In fact, I'll help you! I'll get a bunch of bots to state opinions you don't like and immediately say what you want them to when you yell your opinions at them! Yeah, that should do it! If I do that, can you leave the humans who want intelligent and logical conversations alone? kthnxbi
I think it's pretty obvious who the immature troll here really is. I'm not "demanding" anything, I'm just trying to explain the differences between the two games. Battlefield 3 has 64-player multiplayer, enormous maps, vehicles, destruction, classes and teamwork. These are all things that Modern Warfare 3 does, in fact, not have. But if you want to insist that they still look exactly the same for whatever reason, go right ahead. But just so you know, you don't have anything to back up your opinion, either. At least I haven't seen it yet.

Markunator

Nov 10, 2011
trollpwner said:
Battlefield 3 has 64-player multiplayer, enormous maps, vehicles, destruction, classes and teamwork. These are all things that Modern Warfare 3 does, in fact, not have.
None of that is backed up with proof. In any case, even though videos may well prove you right about these differences existing. You still haven't said how they make any real difference. (But don't tell me how it makes a difference in the slightly different styles of grey-brown cover-based shooting you experience. I really couldn't care less.)
What you wrote here doesn't make any sense at all. What exactly is it that you want me to say here? If you don't see how any of those things make a difference, then I don't know what to say to you. What do you mean when you say "But don't tell me how it makes a difference in the slightly different styles of grey-brown cover-based shooting you experience"? What? I just cannot make sense out of that sentence, you're going to have to explain that to me.

So cut it out. You have a right to opinion and all that shizz, but when you start showing up on a website for the sole purpose of mindlessly defending a game and abusing anyone who dares to say anything bad about it, you are crossing the line. You need to accept that some people are going to dislike Battlefield 3 and stop jumping down the throats of all those who dare oppose your masterful opinion. If you want to ask that people stop Calling BF3 and MW3 the same game, do it respectfully.
Don't talk to me like you know me. The reason I've been posting a lot is to inform people of the differences between Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 are, to explain what sets Battlefield 3 apart from other shooters, to explain why I and many others think it is okay for Battlefield 3 to be sold entirely on its multiplayer and to let everyone know that perhaps they shouldn't critisize something that they know very little about, just because Yahtzee (who doesn't even play multiplayer) doesn't like it.

I have never pretended to have a "masterful opinion". People on this board treat each other like absolute dogshit, but when I post some spiteful comments that are not in agreement with what Yahtzee says, then I'm "crossing a line"? Yeah, that makes sense.

Stop being so upset just because I called someone an idiot, Jesus. Almost no one else on this board (including you) is respectful, so please, don't just call me out for not being respectfulall the time. I actually think I have been relatively respectful most of the time. I just find it hard to be nice to someone who says that these two games are the same, because it's obvious that they don't know WTF they're talking about. (I have already explained the differences between the two games, so don't even bother saying again that I don't have any proof. It's getting old.)

Markunator

Nov 10, 2011
So, you declare me an idiot for daring to dislike Battlefield or saying that it's like CoD.
For daring to dislike it? No. For saying it's like CoD? Yes. And I have already explained why that is.

But you're right, I think I probably should leave. No one is going to want to listen to any defense I bring to Battlefield 3 anyway; they'll just say that I can't accept someone else's opinion. Yahtzee insults his audience constantly, but when I happen to call someone an idiot (well, they might not be idiots, only willfully ignorant), then I need to GTFO. Again, makes perfect sense.

I don't mind people disliking Battlefield 3 if they have actually played it. What I do mind is them disliking it just because Yahtzee said it sucks, as well as them thinking that anyone who likes it for its multiplayer is an idiot who is dragging the entire gaming medium down, which seems to be the general consensus on this and other related boards. And that, I am not okay with. Know something about the game before you criticize it. That's it. Peace.

DioWallachia

Sep 9, 2011
So..... they will grow up to be president and nuke some countries because the game told them it will be fun to do so or because the games are so utterly boring that they forever mark the impression on the players that games will never be fun anymore and had to make a World War 3 just to have fun or at least die in the most glorious way possible?

ThatNewKid

Dec 21, 2011
My physical body sometimes reacts whenever I'm having an overly effectual experience, whether negative or positive. For example, I vomited for the first time in years when I played the Dragon Age II demo, and I was extremely energetic despite 4 hours of sleep every night for a week when Deus Ex 3 came out.

I was invited to a friend's house to play video games one day. The only splitscreen game he had was MW3. 4 or 5 Domination matches in, I fell asleep. No lie. Not kidding.

Another fun fact about this game: I was watching a review that was showcasing gameplay of MW2 instead of MW3 as a joke, and I legitimately thought it was MW3.

Just my thoughts.

Hunter15

Jan 12, 2011
wait a minute.....you dont nuke paris in BF3
you do that in MW3
you literally destroy the Eiffel Tower and watch as it falls down in a massive BOOM
and also a child does die but you dont see her die shes there then shes gone

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
Christ there's a lot of arguing going on here.
Anyway, did anyone else noticed that when you put Infamous under Battlefield 3 and Prototype under CODMW3 the covers look kind of similar? Especially the latter.

Patathatapon

Jul 30, 2011
Counting, the ones he told us were:
MW3:2 BF3:2

Only if we knew what the shocking moment was
Soap dying. Or did he indirectly refer to that?

Patathatapon

Jul 30, 2011
Patathatapon said:
Counting, the ones he told us were:
MW3:2 BF3:2

Only if we knew what the shocking moment was, but i thought the shocking moment was
Soap dying. Or did he indirectly refer to that?