Zero Punctuation: Clustertruck & Lichtspeer

Myria

Sanity Challenged
Nov 15, 2009
The barrel's bottom is now well and truly scraped clean.

I honestly wonder how much money companies make off of these shovelware games.

Judging by the sheer amount of drek on Steam these days, I suppose the answer must be "enough".

This vid will probably, if sadly, result in these two making "enough, and then some".

Transdude1996

Mar 18, 2014
Daymo said:
Thin picking for games it seems
Except for anime games and older games and games with an anime and/or pixel art style, there really hasn't been much else released as of late.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
"End of September"... so he records these 2-3 weeks before upload?
He plays them 2 or 3 weeks before upload. He still has to write the script, record, make the cartoon and send it off for approval, leaving time for edits and changes. So I'd say yeah, it takes roughly 2-3 weeks to produce one episode, and he just has like 4 going at any given time.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Also is it really that hard for Yahtzee to find new games? Or do critics get paid not to review bad games; like Landmark.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Im always fascinated by things humans think up independently from each other. Religion, dragons...and the floor is made of lava.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Saelune said:
Im always fascinated by things humans think up independently from each other. Religion, dragons...and the floor is made of lava.
Don't forget the videogame character running next to your car.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Piorn said:
Saelune said:
Don't forget the videogame character running next to your car.
At first I was like...wtf you talkin bout?...

But then I realized. I liked imagining Kirby on his power star riding on railings.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
This was funny, but until more big AAA titles come out for consoles and PC's, he could always do another retro review. I suggest Assassin's Creed: Rogue, just to hear what he would say about Ubisoft releasing it at the same time as Unity, but with way less fanfare.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Huh... Hate fucking. I know he didn't say that in regards to Dark Souls but... that's kind of how I feel about it. It's hate fucking a game for 50-100 hours.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I guess that whole punishment for missing mechanic is supposed to stand in for reloading, but it doesn't really work out that well because it seems more like a punishment. If they really wanted the player to still have the ability to fire really fast when they have to but not do it recklessly, they should have made it sound more skill rewarding (free skillbased reload if you hit the enemy in a precise spot).

Atratzu

Aug 14, 2016
You always know when Yahtzee is running out of games to play, when he starts reviewing games that YouTubers were playing months ago. haha Still entertaining though.

Also, speaking of Walrus, I stumbled across a Walrus news article today, apparently "As walrus arrive, Alaska village tells visitors to stay away", says the headline. haha Yahtzee, are you up in Alaska? "As Walrus check-in, Yahtzee checks-out".

skim172

Nov 28, 2007
I can't see why you'd pay money to play either of these games when you can play any of the dozens of free flash games based on the exact same concepts. Sure, you could argue that a premium developer might take that basic game mechanic showcased in a flash game and enhance it into something richer and more interesting - but it seems quite plain that Clusterfuck and Lickspear have added pretty much nothing to their respective gameplay gimmicks, yet expects you to give them money for their unoriginality.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
The way ClusterTruck played, I assumed it was some sort of VR tech demo. Apparently not. Litchspear isn't a spin off from Lichtdom Battlemage? Oh well. Lichtspear SniperSkew would have been a pleasing subtitle.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"Clustertruck and Lichtspeer" sounds like the worst buddy action movie of all time.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
pedantictwat said:
This week's curious word/expression is 'standing lamp'.
Just another word for a tall floor lamp, to distinguish it from a short table lamp. The British have a lot of simple names for things that sum up what they are in one, or two words. To American ears they usually sound funny, but you get used to it if you listen to enough brits and aussies.