Dec 25, 2008
I stiLL can't believe he called it a great game
like just to hear him say that hahaa...man

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
duchaked said:
Having recently finished Crackdown 1, a synopsis of my reaction.

First hour or so... it's okay. It's decently fun in all the right places but there doesn't seem to be much of a point.

Once the powers start kicking in... this is fucking awesome. There's no point, but who the fuck cares.

After hitting Level 3 in most of the useful powers... fucking jump puzzles and I'm not going to fucking scour the city for anymore fucking orbs.

After finishing the game... there's is absolutely nothing entertaining to do, unless you count collecting orbs that are now functionally useless.

I had finished Just Cause 1 right before Crackdown and the inescapable conclusion that these were two games that desperately needed to combine their efforts. Just Cause had a really entertaining mission structure, but the core game play was extremely repetitious and uninteresting despite some great stunt-based abilities. While Crackdown had no real mission structure, some cool stronghold missions, and great core game play. Neither could hold my attention longer than about two days.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Netrigan said:
duchaked said:
Having recently finished Crackdown 1, a synopsis of my reaction.

First hour or so... it's okay. It's decently fun in all the right places but there doesn't seem to be much of a point.

Once the powers start kicking in... this is fucking awesome. There's no point, but who the fuck cares.

After hitting Level 3 in most of the useful powers... fucking jump puzzles and I'm not going to fucking scour the city for anymore fucking orbs.

After finishing the game... there's is absolutely nothing entertaining to do, unless you count collecting orbs that are now functionally useless.

I had finished Just Cause 1 right before Crackdown and the inescapable conclusion that these were two games that desperately needed to combine their efforts. Just Cause had a really entertaining mission structure, but the core game play was extremely repetitious and uninteresting despite some great stunt-based abilities. While Crackdown had no real mission structure, some cool stronghold missions, and great core game play. Neither could hold my attention longer than about two days.
yeah I was thinking about trying out Crackdown 2 sometime
I played the first one until after a while I just got bored and traded it out

Just Cause 2 I might give a go, and I have the first one (meh) but I got bored of it real quick...
I seem to have trouble finishing these big sandbox games :p

Tarik94

Sep 13, 2008
"If fiction has told me anything, the righteous tend to be good looking and Generally white."

This!

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Finally got around to playing Crackdown 2 because honestly I didn't find it all that appealing once Crackdown 1 ran out of appeal for me.

It's actually...well going quite well really, I'm really liking it. Maybe it's just a matter of time before I get bored, but the combat part of the game is actually MORE varied for me instead of just attacking fighting 3 non-differentiable gangs (in 2 there's the Cell and the Freaks to mix things up, and activating all the devices at least gives me more to do than just attack strongholds when I'm not orb collecting).

But still, it's true all of this will run dry soon. Hopefully I'll get some co-op buddies into the game with me before I totally get bored (something I plan to do, and maybe even go back to do for the first game).