Zero Punctuation: Crackdown 2

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Haha, the WoW sunlight joke made me laugh quite loudly.

I remember playing Crackdown with my friend a few years back. Nice to see that the game got better er is in a different city um, I mean has creative names for organizations and... Well, nice to see that another money making sequel has been released onto the market.

Thank you Ruffian Games!

baseracer

Jul 31, 2009
Yathzee. Good review. Except for one thing.

Put your Cell Phone on airplane mode when on reviews from now on.

Michael826

Aug 17, 2009
petrolmonkey said:
Anyone else get phone interference or is my phone trying to make me feel lonely by tricking me into thinking someone is trying to call me?
Yes. It was rather bizarre.

OT: Interesting, I've only ever heard of Crackdown. I do own an XBOX 360, so I might give it a look in - if my brother ever stops playing MW2. (Highly unlikely)

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
How dare you Yatzee. That imp was just driving his car along and you have to go and smash his engine and flip his car. Then you just fly away. What did that imp ever do to you other than provide comic relief?

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
Yahtzee, turn off your phone when you record!

I mean, how would I know when not to call and inadvertently spoil another great vid?

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
Funny episode, although I've never played either Crackdown game. Political commentary, making fun of WoW subscribers, and a cellphone interference prank which didn't deliver because NOBODY EVER CALLS ME! /wrist

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Probably the 54th person to notice this by now, but Half Life came out a year before before Unreal Tournament.

jelock

Nov 29, 2009
Wait, this almost made is sound like Yahtzee enjoyed the first Crackdown! Could it be there is at least one more game to add to the list with POP SOT?

I must say this does want me to go and play Crackdown again though

TheSorrow1145

Jun 27, 2010
petrolmonkey said:
Anyone else get phone interference or is my phone trying to make me feel lonely by tricking me into thinking someone is trying to call me?
I've heard that too. I think the audio stream for that section is just corrupted

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
The sounds when he talks about the jacuzzi get me EVERY FUCKING TIME! I always look at my phone (in the hopes that someone calls me on this lonely day D:)

No seriously, why do people only call me when I have other plans? I am totally free today! Goddammit!

Zyphonee

Mar 20, 2010
The Crackdown series never quite appealed to me. I played the first one for fifteen minutes at a friend's house, jumping around, though I spent the last five minutes pretending I was actually having fun while secretly wishing he'd propose doing something different because I didn't want to sound like an ass. It's fun, mindless fun, but after some time it just felt extremely empty. By the time I had jumped from the tallest building in Pacific city four times, I had already seen all I wanted to see. In my opinion, game developers need to understand that a game cannot rely on sightseeing and wacky dynamics solely, but use these to make a solid gameplay element better, which, to me, lacked a lot in Crackdown. I've heard that Crackdown 2 is more of the same, so I'll just ignore it.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
QuiB25 said:
Do the first two people that respond to something get put on probation automatically or what? I'm really trying to figure out why they were.

Anyway great vid. I might have to check out the first crackdown.
It's because they make a response before 5 minutes after the video has been released because they couldn't possibly have watched a 5 minute video in 2 minutes.

OT: Liked the WoW subscriber joke even though I am a WoW subscriber.