Zero Punctuation: Cyberpunk Double (Dex & Invisible, Inc.)

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
I'll be honest, "Still playing Witcher 3" means he's probably going to rate it higher than 1 & 2. Neither of which he played for very long as, in his words they "Bored [him] to tears".

Still, I expect a good hard spanking from him when it comes up for review.

*sits and waits patiently in anticipation*

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
I'm surprised Yahtzee compared Invisible, Inc. to XCOM instead of Syndicate (the Peter Molyneaux original, not the recent remake that wished it was Deus Ex), and he didn't jump on an opportunity to rip on WATCH_DOGS again. But I laughed at the End of Evangelion bit, and the origami bridge, and farting on guards' faces. What's funny is he could have also mentioned Ghost in the Shell for the Dex part, but that might have been to obvious.
Also, am I the only one who read "Dex and Invisible, Inc." too fast and thought it said "Deus EX: Invisible War"?

PG

Apr 2, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
Also, am I the only one who read "Dex and Invisible, Inc." too fast and thought it said "Deus EX: Invisible War"?
Was just about to post the same thing.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
May be wrong but hadn't Yahtz promised to get rid of the "indie double bill" thing and do proper feature-length reviews of each game?

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
May be wrong but hadn't Yahtz promised to get rid of the "indie double bill" thing and do proper feature-length reviews of each game?
I think this one was for more thematic purposes, both games being sci-fi and quite short, I'm fairly sure Invisible Inc. is only a few hours long.

Oct 22, 2011
So Dex is basicly Deus Ex, but tied closer to traditional cyberpunk and lacking few vital letters. Yeah, think i'm gonna pass, and stick to the Shadowrun for now - it provides me enough of good ol' cyberpunk with a healthy side of fantasy, if i ever want some variety.

And Mark of the Ninja was OK, so i'll probably pick up next Klei game later.

BTW: "Still playing Witcher 3"
Now you've really caught my interest in next ZP.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Well, this video did get one thing right - DS9 > TNG

Seriously, though, I'll have to give Invisible Inc. a look. It does come across as a in interesting concept and Klei has dome some solid work in the past (even though I'm apparently the only person who thought Shank was "meh"...).

Thanatos2k

Aug 12, 2013
Johnny Novgorod said:
Sounds like he only played half of Dex before being too disgusted to continue so it only got half a review.

carewolf

Jan 10, 2015
PunkRex said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I think this one was for more thematic purposes, both games being sci-fi and quite short, I'm fairly sure Invisible Inc. is only a few hours long.
Five hours, minus replays, but it has little replay value. You can increase difficulty, but it will just make random bad luck punish you harder. It is not really more challenging - just worse.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Thanatos2k said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Sounds like he only played half of Dex before being too disgusted to continue so it only got half a review.
That's true, though he usually doesn't review stuff he quits on (like Life is Strange).

Sergey Sund

May 20, 2012
If you have to use a DS9 character why Bashir when there is also a "Dax" in there.
Too obvious?
OK, fine.
Cyberpunk games are hilarious, especially franchise ones. Yes! Down with the MAN, down with corporate scum!
Just hand over your money to this smaller corporation, they will pay their taxes to the man, you'll get your counter-culture-esque game - everybody wins.
Nag, nag, nag, I found this video most entertaining and will be back for more.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
You know what really lacked in Invisible Inc? Character conversations. Just short ones, the kind Evolve or Mass Effect did to mask loading times while occupying various forms of transit.
Giving every two characters some talking would've been great.

iller3

Nov 5, 2014
Nice hat indeed. ....still waiting to see if he ever did a Stealth play focused game himself.
...or a game about Dolphins