Zero Punctuation: Dark Souls 2 - Prepare to Die Again

shadowxvii

New member
Jan 9, 2013
102
0
0
This is another reason why I really hate delayed PC ports. The horrible dilema whether or not I should watch the video. Had the same issue with Assassin's Creed 4, altough this time I really care about trying to avoid spoilers of the game...
 

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
1,908
0
0
It's interesting to see Yahtzee so gung ho about a game. I approve! (not that you asked for or need my approval, but still)

I've never played any of the SOULS games though. The older I get, the less patience I seem to have for this kind of relentless challenge. I get frustrated far too quickly nowadays.

Maybe some day though. I think I got Dark Souls from a friend during a Steam sale, so perhaps I'll install it and give it a go at some point.

Cheers! :)
 

Mosesj

New member
Sep 19, 2010
155
0
0
shadowxvii said:
This is another reason why I really hate delayed PC ports. The horrible dilema whether or not I should watch the video. Had the same issue with Assassin's Creed 4, altough this time I really care about trying to avoid spoilers of the game...
Yeah I get what you mean


Especially when friggen everyone is let's playing this game on youtube >..< makes it very hard to avoid spoilers
 

Mosesj

New member
Sep 19, 2010
155
0
0
ZZoMBiE13 said:
It's interesting to see Yahtzee so gung ho about a game. I approve! (not that you asked for or need my approval, but still)

I've never played any of the SOULS games though. The older I get, the less patience I seem to have for this kind of relentless challenge. I get frustrated far too quickly nowadays.

Maybe some day though. I think I got Dark Souls from a friend during a Steam sale, so perhaps I'll install it and give it a go at some point.

Cheers! :)
The first one is often on a super sale during one of steam's sale events :) I found it once for 7 bucks on there. It's definitly a interesting game atmosphere, with the combat feeling very satisfying. You get the feel that your weapons are powerful
 

TheLazyGeek

New member
Nov 7, 2009
125
0
0
I too am awaiting the real version as well. And with all the extra time and effort put into it, I hope it doesn't fall flat on its face with bugs and needing a number of patches.
 

DarkhoIlow

New member
Dec 31, 2009
2,531
0
0
One more month...*goes and cries in the corner*

Anyway, good to see that you somewhat enjoyed the sequel as well.
 

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
1,908
0
0
Mosesj said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:
It's interesting to see Yahtzee so gung ho about a game. I approve! (not that you asked for or need my approval, but still)

I've never played any of the SOULS games though. The older I get, the less patience I seem to have for this kind of relentless challenge. I get frustrated far too quickly nowadays.

Maybe some day though. I think I got Dark Souls from a friend during a Steam sale, so perhaps I'll install it and give it a go at some point.

Cheers! :)
The first one is often on a super sale during one of steam's sale events :) I found it once for 7 bucks on there. It's definitly a interesting game atmosphere, with the combat feeling very satisfying. You get the feel that your weapons are powerful
I pulled up my Steam library after posting that. I do have it on my list.

Maybe I'll give it a shot after I am through with InFamous: Second Son. If it can even charm Yahtzee then there must be something special about the SOULS games, amiright?
 

Rabidkitten

New member
Sep 23, 2010
143
0
0
When you go back and play Demons' Souls (Yes its plural possessive), you will notice how much of dark souls pulls from Demons' Souls. Blighttown and the Gutter are just new versions of the Valley of Defilement. Demons Souls had half your health bar gone always when you were not human. The world design was also similar as well, A central hub with a woman who upgrades you that spans off into numerous hubs that you can start warping from at the start. Actually Dark Souls 2 imo is more Demons's Souls then Dark Souls.
 

Ne1butme

New member
Nov 16, 2009
491
0
0
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Maybe I'll give it a shot after I am through with InFamous: Second Son. If it can even charm Yahtzee then there must be something special about the SOULS games, amiright?
Before you play it on Steam, better get some of the mods installed. The base PC version is pants. Check NexusMods.com
 

Steve2911

New member
May 3, 2010
79
0
0
I don't often laugh uncontrollably at things on the internet, but 'You must have a SMACK and a SMACK and a SMACK and a SMACK! How dare you? How dare you? How dare you?' got me good.
 

flying_whimsy

New member
Dec 2, 2009
1,077
0
0
Well, Yahtzee sold me on giving the first game a try next time there's a big steam sale. After that I'll decide whether or not to get the second one.

I loved the ending to this video about buying the real version when it comes out. That's usually how I approach things these days.
 

Mosesj

New member
Sep 19, 2010
155
0
0
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Mosesj said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:
It's interesting to see Yahtzee so gung ho about a game. I approve! (not that you asked for or need my approval, but still)

I've never played any of the SOULS games though. The older I get, the less patience I seem to have for this kind of relentless challenge. I get frustrated far too quickly nowadays.

Maybe some day though. I think I got Dark Souls from a friend during a Steam sale, so perhaps I'll install it and give it a go at some point.

Cheers! :)
The first one is often on a super sale during one of steam's sale events :) I found it once for 7 bucks on there. It's definitly a interesting game atmosphere, with the combat feeling very satisfying. You get the feel that your weapons are powerful
I pulled up my Steam library after posting that. I do have it on my list.

Maybe I'll give it a shot after I am through with InFamous: Second Son. If it can even charm Yahtzee then there must be something special about the SOULS games, amiright?
Mhm, it's a good game. Make sure you experiment with weapons when you first start. They appeal to different styles and you might be surprised by what you like. Also, make sure to look up some tips first
 

Yahtzee Croshaw

New member
Aug 8, 2007
11,049
0
0
This video is strongly connected to his last "Lets Drown Out..." podcast on his YouTube channel where it didn't go as planned, but oh well (GTA San Andreas). Watch the video after the podcast and you'll see it differently.
 

Under_your_bed

New member
Sep 15, 2012
103
0
0
Hey, he said that Souls 2 was "easier for the noobs". As a noob to the Souls series, is it a good idea to do 2 first to get the hang of it and then do one? Any veterans got anything to say?
 

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
1,908
0
0
Ne1butme said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Maybe I'll give it a shot after I am through with InFamous: Second Son. If it can even charm Yahtzee then there must be something special about the SOULS games, amiright?
Before you play it on Steam, better get some of the mods installed. The base PC version is pants. Check NexusMods.com
Thanks for the heads up. I'll do that.
 

OuendanCyrus

New member
Jun 16, 2010
250
0
0
I agree with all the criticisms but I love both DkS and DkS2 equally, and yes, I will also be getting the PC version once it comes out. =)