Zero Punctuation: Dark Void

TheDevilsJoker

Aug 13, 2008
Good review, i still won't be getting it, but it sounds like you could have destroyed it, and gave it credit instead, which is pretty damn noble of you.

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Why do I get the feeling that next week's video will have even wider widescreen-o-vision and that he'll just keep stretching and letterboxing until someone calls him out on it?
I guess I agree that a fun game that's too short is better than a bad one that's too long, but I'm not so sure about a too short mediocre game.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Funny, but this isn't a game I was very interested in to begin with.

Wasn't Brad Pitt supposed to be in this game somewhere? Surprised Yahtzee didn't make a crack on that.

atomicmrpelly

Apr 23, 2009
I've started tuning in to ZP just to find out how many people will try to pretend they've watched it and get put on probation!

This was a confusing one, some of the things he criticised actually sounded pretty cool and he seemed to go back and forth between liking it and disliking it!

Knifewounds

Nov 18, 2009
brilliant review. Though have you noticed recently main characters in a lot of games are all starting to sound suspiciously like Nathan Drake lately?

Aug 25, 2009
I won't be getting the game, but it's nice to know that developers are trying something new. Maybe somday they'll also get it right.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I wasn't expecting to find this "review" funny, bit depressed, but actually I laughed out loud... thank you Yahtzee for making me smile today.

edit, I misspelled Yahtzee, damn it.

dstryfe

Mar 27, 2009
Hm...too bad that inspiration meter never hit 100,000. We might've thrown Dark Void a party. Or scammed it over the internet with a pop-up saying it was the 100,000th game to rip-off such and such...then giving it a multitude of virus-downloading viruses when it clicked.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I remember playing the demo of Dark Void and when I went to hijack one of the enemy's ships my character glitched out, I lost control of him, and he slowly crashed down.

Nice review as all ways.

BrightDeathFriend

Dec 31, 2008
YYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! Yahtsee also thinks Dark Void is shite!! :D Oh joy!

Never play the demo...it will make your brain fold up into origami shaped like a very pissed off person who's jumping up and down onto his controller.

honestly...

immortalslayer90

Nov 18, 2009
"It's down, then up, then down again, like an alzheimer's patient on a stairlift."

A great closing line, as always.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Huh, and here's me expecting Dante's Inferno would be up this week...
Also, I really don't think Too Human is the worst game he's reviewed. He's given other games a MUCH bigger thrashing, in my opinion. Interesting...

Professor M

Jul 31, 2009
Wide-screen review? I think so!

Pretty awesome, I was thoroughly ready for this game to be completely terrible, but at least now I know there's some small good part in it I may rent

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Knifewounds said:
brilliant review. Though have you noticed recently main characters in a lot of games are all starting to sound suspiciously like Nathan Drake lately?
Nolan North does the voice of everyone in gaming, apart from Solid Snake of MGS fame and Bender of Gears of War fame!

omegatheta

AutoTuning Denton Clone
Dec 4, 2008
absolutely epic... it makes me want to purchase this game...then ***** to all my friends about it...then use it as a lightning flavored shuriken because... well what else is a ps3 game for when you noticably lack a ps3 to play it on! XD

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
Why do people insist on posting when they're obviously going to get banned?

Anyway, great review - I loved the 'Inspiration-o-Meter.' :)