CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Tony2077 said:
CD-R said:
Tony2077 said:
well i don't know if this was the point but now i want to play it
You won't be disappoint

http://videogamesawesome.com/category/dragons-dogma/
the music sounds good but i still don't understand what they say. such jokers thanks for the link
Yeah they have those thick Canadian accents but the video gets really hilarious when they make their own character.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
CD-R said:
Tony2077 said:
CD-R said:
Tony2077 said:
You won't be disappoint

the music sounds good but i still don't understand what they say. such jokers thanks for the link
Yeah they have those thick Canadian accents but the video gets really hilarious when they make their own character.
it is but i have to ask I'm Canadian do we even have an accent of our own?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Zydrate said:
Holy shit, a Neopets reference? I was all over that shit when I was young.
http://www.neopets.com/ It's still going funnily enough...but it looks...urm, well...

Just look o_O

OT: Curious...i may pick this game up at some point, as i like open world games, and been able to kill Cyclops's, Griffins and Chimera's sounds pretty interesting, at least it isn't just Dragons.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Buretsu said:
Tony2077 said:
CD-R said:
Tony2077 said:
CD-R said:
Tony2077 said:
You won't be disappoint

it is but i have to ask I'm Canadian do we even have an accent of our own?
Nah, I won't go oot of my way to tell you aboot your accent...
its about a boot is something you wear on your feet

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
arc1991 said:
Zydrate said:
Holy shit, a Neopets reference? I was all over that shit when I was young.
http://www.neopets.com/ It's still going funnily enough...but it looks...urm, well...

Just look o_O
Sadly, I'm well aware that they kind of sold out. Hard.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
garacius said:
So, considering the result of his Conan character, how long until deviant art rule 34s (or was it 32, keep mixing those two up) this one?
Rule 34.

:/ I was already sold on this game with earlier reviews, and Yahtzee's criticisms overall didn't bring up anything new. If anything, it sounded like he didn't mind the game all that much, which further makes me want to pick this title up.

After hearing the opening music the whole way, though, I honestly don't get why people don't like the song all that much. Sure, it's not that well translated and the vocals are... suspect, but the guitar and overall composition is pretty decent, and it's not painful to listen to. Personally, I like it.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
I hope that this game is as hilarious as Yahtzee makes it out to be. I think you tried to shoe us away from this one but I think you piqued too many curiosities. "This game has many plot and story structure, not to mention dialogue problems but it has the equivalent of follower neopets in a medieval setting." Do you hear that? It's a horde approaching the local Gamestop. I hope you're happy.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Adventurer2626 said:
I hope that this game is as hilarious as Yahtzee makes it out to be. I think you tried to shoe us away from this one but I think you piqued too many curiosities. "This game has many plot and story structure, not to mention dialogue problems but it has the equivalent of follower neopets in a medieval setting." Do you hear that? It's a horde approaching the local Gamestop. I hope you're happy.
It is. You can amuse yourself for hours throwing crates at children and tossing villagers off cliffs.

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
CD-R said:
Adventurer2626 said:
It is. You can amuse yourself for hours throwing crates at children and tossing villagers off cliffs.

Thanks! I now know what to get a friend for Christmas. She plays Bethesda games just to do stuff like that.

svenjl

Mar 16, 2011
oldmeme said:
For a while I was convinced the Escapist is making all of Yahtzee's choices for games these days. Then a he blew out of that streak and now it feels like it's happening again. Why doesn't he get games the rest of us are actually playing? Ghost Recon, Rayman Origins, Gravity Rush, Day Z even. *Nobody's* been talking about, or was excited about Dragon's Dogma. If anything, Yahtzeen probably made the game more noticeable by reviewing it, almost like the Escapist was given a copy for him by Cap-ARGHABBLESAGGLESHAWAMS
DD is actually a massive hit in Japan and very popular in Western RPG gaming circles. There's been a ton of interest on sites like IGN and Gamespot (say what you like), and it has sold really well at EB Games stores where I live. So I would say you're dead wrong - just not on your radar, that's all. I have thoroughly enjoyed the game. In fact, too much, to the extent that I have taken a few days break from it. Playing Dirt 3 for something completely different.

griffinith

Nov 12, 2008
Sperium 3000 said:
I'm surprised. I thought Yahtzee would rip this one a new one for not being pitch perfect, but he was surprisingly nice to it, all things considered.
I think he might've learned to tone it down a little when a game may be compared to Monster Hunter in any way.. considering how that review was received...

Which is why I'm here. Congratulations Yahtzee, you gave a fair, decent, and humorous review.

Kirbys

Sep 15, 2011
Scars Unseen said:
It's particularly funny when you fight a golem and one of its weak points is right on his ass.

By the way, since we're on the topic of pimping, anyone(with the PS3 version) who wants to can send me a friend request so they can use my pawn for free. His name is Taslar and he's around level 50 at the moment. I've got him leveling his warrior vocation right now. My PS3 ID is Scars_Unseen.
Cool mine is Alke_m-z2 and mine's- I think- level 60. She is called Ladrel and she's pretty good in combat now.

Auesis

Mar 10, 2011
This is the funniest thing I have watched this entire year. Yahtzee, you have outdone yourself.

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
remmus said:
Danzavare said:
remmus said:
Danzavare said:
An absolutely hilarious video~! Easily one of my favourite Zero Punctuation videos~!

After this review I'm even more tempted to buy the pimping simulator Dragon's Dogma. I plan to play a mage if I do so hopefully there will be less grabbing and being suplexed for me.
personally I find it to be a satisfying and fun challenge mastering the bigger monsters, especially when you learn some moves can be turned against them. Like the monster yathzee mentions that jumps on it´s back, with a well timed jump command you can make the monster land flat on it´s back, turning a high damage move into several second of free monster whacking.
I can definitely see the fun in that but I just can't find it in me to say no to a class that can shoot fire at things (It's my weakness). Maybe I'll try a spellsword if they have anything of the like in the game.

Oh, and fancy avatar~!
there is basicly, it´s called a Mystic Knight, tho it playes more like a self/group buffing warrior (think typical cleric classes), if you want more agile mage warrior the closes is the arcane archer, who as it says on the tin, uses a bow shaped item to shoot magic like it was arrows.

*tips hat* thanks, it was a commission of my 'fursona' tho a bit outdated, have to remember to change to my current
It sounds like I have to play ranged if I want to use aggressive magic. Oh well, I'll make an alt if I really want to know what it feels like to get up close and personal.

Captcha: Zombie attack

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
Danzavare said:
It sounds like I have to play ranged if I want to use aggressive magic. Oh well, I'll make an alt if I really want to know what it feels like to get up close and personal.

Captcha: Zombie attack
Not necessarily. If your mage/sorcerer wants to crawl up the back of an ogre and cast light attack spells from atop its head, he or she can. It's not the best use of the skill set in most cases, but it's very effective in a pinch.

You can't really have multiple characters at the same time, but you can change vocation at will by speaking to the innkeeper in the capital city, so you're covered if you want to try melee and switch back.