Zero Punctuation: Duke Nukem Forever

Cpt Big Mac

Apr 15, 2009
i clued in to the joke at about the part when he started talking about it involving "Cooking Mama" game aspects xD that and he was a little to enthusiastic to be reviewing a game that will NEVER be released xP anyway still loved it

YAY YAHTZEE!!!!!

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
PedroSteckecilo said:
That was interesting...

I don't know whether to call "CHEAT!" On Yahtzee or be amused that he simply went for comedy for comedy's sake this time.

But I guess I'll be forgiving, afterall...

I laughed my ass off.
I thought it was funny too, but was he serious about the game not being out? And that wasn't a real review?

These are the questions that haunt me...

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
Thewolfman said:
CNKFan said:
I was not expecting this to be reviewed. On another note, if DNF is released and it is the gaming equivilent of Jesus then Yahtzee will feel like an enormous douche and issue an apology. But the day that happens will be the day that humans have evolved the ability to fly.

Yahzee wouldn't appologise. He'd just make another video actually reviewing it and justifyhis previous video by saying something about them deserving it for taking 12+ years.
Yeah that is true but one can hope

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Wow, didn't see this sort of "review" coming. Brilliant still.

It is true however that because of its well known development hell, this game was never going to be THAT GOOD. I mean even if it was a solid shooter, expectations would be high to an extent, even those who think it might be "alright" could get disappointed in some way.

Snipingkid

Apr 17, 2009
I actually went to check if it was out.
Then I realized that I would have known if DNF came out already.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
ark123 said:
It finally happened. Yahtzee's tongue went through his cheek and wounded the part of his brain responsible for judging what's funny.
I'll help. ZP works because you have SEVERAL jokes in an episode, and you REVIEW something people care about.
This had ONE joke stretched out over five minutes and it was about something only video game reviewers care about. What's more, it's a joke we've all either heard or made.
Stop saying it's funny, you sycophants. The emperor has no clothes on.
Nicely said! Now someone just needs to tell him that strange sound effects are not a satisfying substitute for a witty joke. I mean seriously it was funny once (well maybe twice) but doing it every episode? This weeks was so forced too...

Hubbe

May 12, 2009
If Yahtzee was in the dev team... OMFG This game would be awesome. And better yet... IT'D BE OUT!

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
For pure laughs this is his best in a long time.

Not like they would actually make him review Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 or anything. :p

Or Say Suer Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Fronteir (which is actually pretty cool for a portable RPG... but we all know Yahtzee's tastes, and the T&A jokes write themselves... as part of the game no less).

>>>----Therumancer--->

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Sometimes I get the feeling that Yahtzee is nothing more than an obsessive egomaniac that thinks that the rules of life and the universe are based on his thoughts. I know he's messing around with the news that after so many years of delay and now 3D Realms closing its doors, but some of his comments at the end (the whole job that doesn't exist thing) are an example of what I'm saying. Somehow, I expected him to take the news like, i don't know, ranting for a whole hour about how this is the biggest mistake in the history of the known and unknown universe.
And oh yeah, the whole thing about the daughter humping her dad's leg... that's just wrong. Nazis jerking off with the heads of dead babies is more understandable but come on.

Blood_Lined

Mar 31, 2009
I found the review entertaining but was disappointed that he didn't do a REAL review for a REAL game. (k DNF may be real at some point in the future or at least a variation of it but still you get my point.)

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
This is probably the best ZP next to the Braid one.

His not-so subtle hints about iD and 3D Realms are quite entertaining.

The best part is that someone's not gonna realize it's satire until halfway through.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
Man, for a moment I was gonna lookup DKF on google. I thought I had missed a big announcement :p