Zero Punctuation: E3 2012

BBMv12

Jun 2, 2010
I can't be the only one whose surprised he didn't mention The Last of Us or Beyond?

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
I'm surprised that Yahtzee's as upset about Dead Space 3 as he is since he never found Dead Space to be scary in the first place.

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
Excellent show.

I laughed my ass off at the part with getting a friend to come around to wipe your brow during Rockband.

Also could someone maybe link a video which demonstrates this rising orchestral thingy Yahtzee mentions at the very end? I don't understand what he means.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Andy of Comix Inc said:
People say "ooh Yahtzee got a puppy!" when get mentions puppies too much. And "ooh boy he got a kitten!" when he mentions kittens too much. So let me be the first.

Did Yahtzee get a new toilet recently?
I guess so... Probably took joy in breaking it in...

Ad yes Watch dogs is the game that got everyone excited but remember what you taught us Yhatzee...

Balkan

Sep 5, 2011
Im shocked that he didnt review Lolipop Chainsaw .
And look ND absolutely watched ucharted 3 zp and they started a new IP . I bet that Yahtzee`s advice made them do it .

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Oh nice work Yahtzee, now howl Watch Dogs ever live up to expectations?
That pun was terrible and you should feel terrible. lol.

OT: Well if Yahtzee says Watchdogs was the least excruciating then that has to mean something right?

One of the games I'm most looking forward to coming out is Borderlands 2 though. I don't know if it was at E3 but I don't care it looks sooooo awesome! Every trailer and gameplay video I see from that is like a good acid dream. Zany, colorful, and full of explody goodness.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
TJC said:
I'm quite disappointed that Yahtzee did an E3 video this year (hoped he'd push that onto Extra Punctuation like yesteryear) because there was NOTHING worth talking about. I was hoping to see one obscure title no one cares about but turned out to be awesome.
I know. I was especially annoyed that he started actually soapboxing about how we should stop getting all excited by the stuff that was presented at E3. Who exactly did he think needed to be told? I certainly don't know anyone who got excited about E3 this year. It's like going up to a kid who's quietly sitting in his room reading and angrily telling him to stop jumping on the bed.

Besides, E3 having been two whole weeks ago, the video feels late more than anything else. And not late like a review of a game that came out two weeks ago, because games still exist and can be bought long after they're released. Add to that my hope that he'd be reviewing Lollipop Chainsaw this week and it's just disappointment all around.

I guess the real message here is to not get too excited about Zero Punctuation, eh? ;)

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Very good review, however their was a lot of Assassins Creed gameplay on show too.

But yeah hyped for Watchdogs and not too fussed about Halo 4. Agree with the Dead Space comment too, I personally loved the first 2, even if Yahtzee didn't, but must agree that the last way DS should have gone was action.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
TJC said:
I'm quite disappointed that Yahtzee did an E3 video this year (hoped he'd push that onto Extra Punctuation like yesteryear) because there was NOTHING worth talking about. I was hoping to see one obscure title no one cares about but turned out to be awesome.

oh well, still got a hearty LAWL out of it.
Well, he doesn't often do low-profile games, and to be fair with the exception of Gravity Rush (and I don't believe Yahtzee has a Vita) there's really fuck-all that's coming out until August since he's already done Max Payne and Dragon's Dogma. Wait, he'll probably do Lollipop Chainsaw next week. So... you know... oh boy. He has a month and a half of trying to find filler, basically. He might even have to review Lego Batman 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Anyway. Yeah, Watch Dogs was by far the most impressive thing I saw during E3, which is saying something. Yeah, it looked cool, but it shouldn't have blown everything else away as easily as it did.

I Have No Idea

Aug 5, 2011
coldshadow said:
waaaahhhhh the teaser trailers didn't have gameplay! yet there was still plenty of gameplay videos for dishonored and the new assassins creed and halo. obviously someone just skimmed E3 this year.
Welcome to Zero Punctuation? There's only so many things he can cram into a three minutes video, even if he talks like a squirrel hyped up on caffeine.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
sideshow said:
hmmm. you seem a little bit pissed Yahtzee.
You must be new here.

OT: Ah, I loved his comments on the Hitman trailer. I haven't even seen it and it was hilarious. Also, dictionary.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
But last month everyone was trying to tell me that the Assassin's Creed III trailer WAS game-play footage. Who am I supposed to believe?

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Huh. Yahtzee seemed to forget that guns and giant monsters have always been a part of the Deadspace franchise. The ending to Deadspace 1 felt like something out of monster hunter.

DancePuppets

Nov 9, 2009
orangeapples said:
Wait... Master Chief in a new hat? I must get a 360....

And now we do need a game in which you stab people in the throat with sideburns.
This new hat malarkey does sound very exciting, I wonder what type of hat? I think he'd look good with a bowler myself.

coldshadow

Mar 19, 2009
I Have No Idea said:
coldshadow said:
waaaahhhhh the teaser trailers didn't have gameplay! yet there was still plenty of gameplay videos for dishonored and the new assassins creed and halo. obviously someone just skimmed E3 this year.
Welcome to Zero Punctuation? There's only so many things he can cram into a three minutes video, even if he talks like a squirrel hyped up on caffeine.
which would be fine but if his complaint is that there was no gameplay but yet there was then wtf is he doing?

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I can tell you what Dishonored is. It's steampunk Bioshock. With knives.

Also this British killing thing with AC3 is getting on my nerves too. It's not that I'm British and boo-hoo they keep killing us! No, it's the fact that Ubisoft promises the game isn't just pandering to Americans and enemies are on both sides of the war, yet all we have seen is the guy killing British soldiers... And his monologuing sounds like your average patriotic American rhetoric about freedom and blah blah blah. Yeah that doesn't sound like it's not taking sides at all. I'm trying to reserve judgement about the game but it still bothers me.