Zero Punctuation: E3 2018 Round-Up

HazardousCube

Apr 20, 2017
Before Watching: You better not fuck it up like how you fucked up E3 2017.

After Watching: I can confidently state that this video was actually pretty good, the ending felt unnecessary as it was a reiteration of what was said in previous videos, but I guess this point will have to be repeated until something actually happens.

I also thought the Assassin's Creed bit was funny.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Wow I didn't even know Ubisoft acted like they hadn't done the playable female character thing with AC before, i'm as pissed as Yahtzee now, surprised he didn't also snark on Odyssey for the devs bragging about how the game adopted a Bioware style dialogue system that let you romance people.

I was kinda hoping Yahtzee would rag on Sony for their bullshit restricting of Fortnite accounts.

As for Microsoft, well the Xbox One X is more powerful then the PS4 Pro and you know MS are not going to fuck you over on crossplay like Sony are, so that's one reason why I feel justified in buying all my multiplatform titles on there.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Wow, he sounded PISSED about E3 this year! I didn't have time to watch ALL the trailers and demos last week, but now I want to see what I missed out of morbid curiosity.
Speaking of missing, Escapist, if Yahtzee wants to do his Extra Punctuation column again, just let him do it.

Onliuge

Aug 9, 2012
Maybe Halo: Infinite, I hate that shit title almost as much as Combat Evolved, will be decent to juxtapose from Halo 5's shitness. That and it has a PC release too, so maybe I'll be able to stop hissing a 343 employees and get out from under the couch.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
too many eejits with more money than sense. Manipulated through their own hyped imagination

luckily, a brain malfunctioning enough means feeling excitement for anything pretty much hasn't happened for some long while. lucky me

Nina Struthers acknowledgement is lacking though. Aw

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
He didn't have to say anything about the new Tomb Raider game beyond it being about her becoming the Tomb Raider. Nuff said just there.

maximalist566

Jan 10, 2012
It seems Yahtzee mixed up Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone though. Don't remember anything postapocalyptic in first one.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
darkrage6 said:
Wow I didn't even know Ubisoft acted like they hadn't done the playable female character thing with AC before, i'm as pissed as Yahtzee now, surprised he didn't also snark on Odyssey for the devs bragging about how the game adopted a Bioware style dialogue system that let you romance people.
Same. I didn't watch it so I had no idea they were bragging about 'finally' having a lady character. I assumed its just par for Ass creed games to have sibling protagonists now, simply the right call to make and doesn't take away from the story. Really kinda shitty they made such a big deal about it for Odyssey.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Ah Yahtzee's post-E3 roundup. The only thing I look forward to with E3. Honestly the slipping of the standards of gaming consumers are why I get pissed off at gamers almost as much as I get pissed off at the corporate fuckwads that pull the money-grubbing bullshit.
Also wow, Ubisoft, that's just sad. How could you forget that'd you'd already done the female character thing?

EDIT: Also does Bethesda really think it's a good idea to name a game after a shitty super hero team created by Rob Liefeld?

404notfound

Nov 9, 2009
I wonder if the 'speaker for the dead' title at the start of the credits was a respectful nod to TB.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
I preorder games because I have Amazon Prime and preordering games gives Prime members a 20% discount. There's not really a better preorder bonus than "pay less for the game you're getting anyways."

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Yahtzee isn't going to take it well when someone breaks it to him that Shadows Die Twice is NOT a Souls game, but instead an action game like Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, or FromSoft's Otogi games. Also it's being published by Activision, so expect some kind of bullshit meant to drain people's wallets.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Onliuge said:
Maybe Halo: Infinite, I hate that shit title almost as much as Combat Evolved, will be decent to juxtapose from Halo 5's shitness. That and it has a PC release too, so maybe I'll be able to stop hissing a 343 employees and get out from under the couch.
I thought Halo 5 was pretty damn good and i'm excited for Infinite.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Ryallen said:
I preorder games because I have Amazon Prime and preordering games gives Prime members a 20% discount. There's not really a better preorder bonus than "pay less for the game you're getting anyways."
Thaluikhain said:
He didn't have to say anything about the new Tomb Raider game beyond it being about her becoming the Tomb Raider. Nuff said just there.
I think it looks pretty damn awesome and i've quite enjoyed the previous two games.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Canadamus Prime said:
Ah Yahtzee's post-E3 roundup. The only thing I look forward to with E3. Honestly the slipping of the standards of gaming consumers are why I get pissed off at gamers almost as much as I get pissed off at the corporate fuckwads that pull the money-grubbing bullshit.
Also wow, Ubisoft, that's just sad. How could you forget that'd you'd already done the female character thing?

EDIT: Also does Bethesda really think it's a good idea to name a game after a shitty super hero team created by Rob Liefeld?
I quite enjoy Liefeld's work for the most part so i'm fine with the name, not sure if the game will be any godo though.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
darkrage6 said:
Canadamus Prime said:

I quite enjoy Liefeld's work for the most part so i'm fine with the name, not sure if the game will be any godo though.
IDK, I mostly know them through Atop the Fourth Wall. Of course ignoring Linkara's commentary and judging for myself, Liefeld's art is still incredibly hideous. And Youngblood in particular looks very bland and generic.

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
i'm knid of confused on how Yahtzee is less interested on the new spider-man game every time stuff is shown on it.. that's the exact opposite attitude of pretty much every gamer, journalist and rabbit squirrel around right now.. it looks incredible (still not pre-ordering. since I never pre-order a game)... Ghosts of tsushima also looks ed amazing and again he was a bit own on it.. at least have a small amount of positivity for it's potential... and he didn't even mention the great looking remake of RE2 trailer and gameplay footage at E3

Catasros

Dec 9, 2013
The ending credits are genuinly worth a read this week, and holy shit, it's been a while since I heard Yahtzee so genuinly angry about something as he was over Assassin's Creed Oddessy. For good reasons, granted.