Zero Punctuation: Eve Online

Skulltaker101

Jul 20, 2010
Barciad said:
Never played an online RPG (not even one set in space) and never intend to.
Thanks be to Yahtzee for putting my reasons into words that I never could.
What I would like however is a really good space strategy. Something like 'Total War', but with space battles. Maybe, with all the millions they must have lying around (come on, they must have lots of money now, what with having produced one of the most successfull strategy franchises ever - behind Civilisation and everything with the word 'Sim' in it. But anyway, the point is, they must have oodles now) they could buy up the names of certain famous space villians, get George Lucas to whore himself out even more....
This comment foreshadowed Star Wars: The Old Republic. Fancy that. :)

As for EVE, I play quite a bit, and the corporations (some of them, anyway) are pretty awesome, full of nice people. I got into one that takes noobs and teaches them more about the game mechanics than any tutorial could. Strategic-level space battles happen more often than you'd think. I've been in battles with over a thousand other pilots. It's actually pretty awesome, but far bigger than a 14 day trial could cover, and it's not for everyone.

Okay, can't let this slide. Gallente Battleship cannot be trained on trial accounts, Bestowers can't beat Dominixes, and the ships were POINTED THE WRONG WAY!!!