Zero Punctuation: Extinction and Attack on Titan 2

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Canadamus Prime said:
Hey! What do you have against Titan A.E.?
The movie's a mess. A beautiful, spectacular, emotional mess that's a major part of my childhood, but a mess nonetheless.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
hittite said:
Canadamus Prime said:
The movie's a mess. A beautiful, spectacular, emotional mess that's a major part of my childhood, but a mess nonetheless.
Oh. I thought it was an enjoyable movie. Of course I haven't seen it in years.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Canadamus Prime said:
Of course I haven't seen it in years.
Most people haven't. Rather telling, wouldn't you say?
Now, I actually have seen it recently. I'm a huge Don Bluth fanboy just for how gorgeous his animation always is, but even I'll come right out and say he didn't put out a single good movie after All Dogs Go To Heaven. The quality of his animation never faltered, but the quality of his storytelling took a nose-dive at Rock-A-Doodle and he never really recovered.

Funny how this thread is more concentrated on the anime and a movie only mentioned in a closing title card, not either of the games.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
RJ Dalton said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Of course I haven't seen it in years.
Most people haven't. Rather telling, wouldn't you say?
Now, I actually have seen it recently. I'm a huge Don Bluth fanboy just for how gorgeous his animation always is, but even I'll come right out and say he didn't put out a single good movie after All Dogs Go To Heaven. The quality of his animation never faltered, but the quality of his storytelling took a nose-dive at Rock-A-Doodle and he never really recovered.

Funny how this thread is more concentrated on the anime and a movie only mentioned in a closing title card, not either of the games.
Titan AE was a Don Bluth movie? Huh, I didn't know that. *checks IMDb* Well I'll be damned.
Yeah he kinda lost it as a storyteller after All Dogs Go to Heaven, but Titan AE was probably one of the better post-All Dogs movies.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Canadamus Prime said:
hittite said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Oh. I thought it was an enjoyable movie. Of course I haven't seen it in years.
I never said it wasn't enjoyable. Heck, I just bought a copy at Goodwill and a VCR just to watch it. But the development was a nightmare, the movie itself was rushed to compete with Treasure Planet (and Disney was rushing too which resulted in both movies being less than their best) and the less said about the marketing the better. That said the "intelligent guard" scene is probably one of my top 10 movie moments of all time.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Silentpony said:
Attack on Titan would be so much better if they just used giant robots. Also maybe as a twist the robots are too hard for one pilot, so a second pilot has to help. And they have lasers, and plasma guns and huge saw blades.
That way instead of angsty tweens and teens being angsty and jumping around, you have trained grim serious soldiers in giant robots killing giant monsters.
Pacific Rim got a game. It was shit.