Zero Punctuation: Fable 3

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I've been waiting for this since... November! Thought this day would never come, funny review as always by the way (one of the best for a while imo).

Meatman

Oct 28, 2009
You're so eco unfriendly.
But it looks pwetty.

Another great review, never fails to disappoint.

Aug 25, 2009
I've never gotten on board with Fable, and since most of my knowledge of it comes from a couple of brief playthroughs and Yahtzee's reviews it's probably more my fault than the games'.

That said I hate the NPCs and I think Yahtzee's final solution of letting 3/4s of them die would probably have been mine as well. I've said before how generally I like being nice in RPGs, and choose the evil option only to get all the achievements but Fable is the one series that has made me want to be evil to people.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Hahaha, excellent review! I'm glad you mentioned the Bowerstone Lake decision. It was just the exemplar of an overall bad game. Peter Molyneux can suck it at this point.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
My friend likes Fable. I have no idea why. He tries to show it to me like it is cool, but I can't get into it.

Plus I have seen Yahtzee's reviews and other reviews for Fable games. And after watching interviews, reading quotes, and playing some of his games, I know how big an ass and lier/hype machine Molyneux is.

Luciano Silva

Aug 26, 2010
Great review, I do agree with the whole be good and die, or be bad and live. I would go with being bad.

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
lol wow seriously? I guess I don't have to look into this one either then.

I played the first fable and it really wasn't very good... I played a bit of fable 2, but it was crap... Thanks Yahtzee!

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
And the year before it was Borderlands... there's always one game users will always throw out for a review like high school peer-pressure.

Oh well, makes for an amusing review nonetheless.

As for Fable 3, I think it would have been more successful if it was Fable 3 since both are too similar with only a few tweaks to things critics complained about back then.

BTW did "good old Pete" call you this time?

sdgilbert

Sep 29, 2009
They need to make these games more balanced, the magic was still the only ability that you should ever use in this game, again. Also I'm surprised, Yahtzee you didn't mention the COMPLETELY messed up menu system. It takes five times as long to do anything now.

johnzaku

Jun 16, 2009
I wonder why he keeps playing the fables since he's hated them since peter first asked him to review te first one o_O

But I had the exact same problem on my first play-through O_O 150 DAYS?!? I was so pissed I wanted to flat-out empty what meager loot was in the treasury just so everyone could die >_>

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
great videa funny as usual, but im sure most of the voice cast popped up in overlord as well between fables aslo set in a weird comedy retro england

Daemascus

WAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!
Mar 6, 2010
My friend made it to the by all the property part. Then the game wiped his saves and he had to start over!

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
I have bought every fable game so far and i don't know why because everytime i say "that was shit" after finishing it.
Have to agree with yatzhee on the whole "not giving my reasons" thing, seems a bit stupid

Timmons

Mar 23, 2010
Awh man... thats EXACTLY how I felt while playing it. NO ONE UNDERSTANDS the reasons for you making your 'evil' decisions.. sure you can drain the lake, but it couldn't be that hard for it to fill up again naturally.
I kinda felt like being purely good just to see them all dead.. thats probably more evil and stupid than the classically evil choices.
i didn't think it was a bad game though,