Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Awww, was hoping for a pre-Last Light ZP on Metro 2033. Survival horror, oppressive atmosphere, it has everything. Well, shall hold out for Last Light next week.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
That was f
Da Orky Man said:
Awww, was hoping for a pre-Last Light ZP on Metro 2033. Survival horror, oppressive atmosphere, it has everything. Well, shall hold out for Last Light next week.
It normally takes him 2 weeks post the game coming out to review it. One to play and one to review while he's playing another one.

OT: I'm tempted to get this, it's cheap and sounds like a lot of fun.

foxlovingfreak

Sep 9, 2009
I defiantly agree about how anti climatic the ending was. considering the gauntlet the game was putting threw at the end I was expecting an epic final showdown with main villain.

4RT1LL3RY

Oct 31, 2008
The final boss fight that Yahtzee describes is so mind blowingly awesome that I just thinking about it the only possible improvement would be to add "boosters" *cough*jetpack*cough* to the Blood Dragons you're riding.

Blood Dragons on Gliders, yes.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
I usually don't get games that have short length buuuuut... This does look like a lot of cheap, glowy fun.
I'll see if there's a sale on sometime for it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I was sort of expecting this to be one of those "too ironic" deals Yahtzee might hate.

I'm sort of pleasantly surprised that it tickled him.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Sizzle Montyjing said:
I usually don't get games that have short length buuuuut... This does look like a lot of cheap, glowy fun.
I'll see if there's a sale on sometime for it.
Have you tried Child of Eden yet?

I believe the Keynote speaker at the Paintdrying convention this year is Bob Ross' cat, who watched 85 of his paintings dry.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Don't worry, Yahtzee. I'm sure they're saving the jetpack and epic boss battle for the sequel.

Daft Time

Apr 15, 2013
Yep, people liked it. It's just now we're going to see half a dozen over the top neon actions games which manage to entirely miss the whole "humour" thing. God damn it, games industry.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Were there a lot of Jet packs in the eighties? Oh well someone will just mod them in if they haven't already.
I'm pretty certain there weren't any giant neon dragon dinosaurs that fired lasers from their mouths in the eighties either!

OT: I wasn't too sure about getting this game but everyone seems to be having a lot of fun with it. It's been a while since I put down my "serious and/or thought provoking" games and just played something stupid!

I'm also in the camp that is irked when a game can't be bought as a physical copy... this will hurt me to purchase!

CutThroatConcierge

May 1, 2013
I rarely play triple A games anymore, the only one I played recently was Bioshock Infinite. The arcade and indie marketplace seems to where all the actual games are instead of spunk gargle wee wee. Even a big game designer can make an interesting game if it's going to arcade release and Farcry 3: Blood Dragon proves that, it being a stand-alone title was also a plus IMO. I wish more game developers would follow Blood Dragon's example because I play game to escape my life and reality, not live someone else's shitty realistic existence. Give a BFG 9000 and a giant killer robot to fight and be happy but what self-respecting game company actually listens to their customers these days!

gyrobot_v1legacy

Apr 30, 2009
CutThroatConcierge said:
I rarely play triple A games anymore, the only one I played recently was Bioshock Infinite. The arcade and indie marketplace seems to where all the actual games are instead of spunk gargle wee wee. Even a big game designer can make an interesting game if it's going to arcade release and Farcry 3: Blood Dragon proves that, it being a stand-alone title was also a plus IMO. I wish more game developers would follow Blood Dragon's example because I play game to escape my life and reality, not live someone else's shitty realistic existence. Give a BFG 9000 and a giant killer robot to fight and be happy but what self-respecting game company actually listens to their customers these days!
I remember how one guy said Video Game Bosses are too video gamey and that we should all wallow in depression and angst

themilo504

May 9, 2010
Seems fun unfortunately I?m 16 and don?t have a lot of disposable income so I?m going to wait for a steam sale.