Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 3

Gilbert Hays

Jan 4, 2012
Well, that was a fun episode.

Yahtzee has proven that bananas can be funny without doubling as penis metaphors.

GoddyofAus

Aug 3, 2010
I've lost count how many times I've been scoping out an Enemy Outpost only to have the wildlife rush in and steal the show.

Awesome game.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Interesting to see him acknowledge his lessened animosity. That said, this sort of game sounds like fun times. And to think, I was enjoying having money in my wallet.

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
I could totally see a game putting "Even Yahtzee liked it!" on the back of the box.

That would actually make me think about buying it.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
This game is definitely the surprise of the year for me, I spent so much hours exploring the island(s) and doing side content that there was a point where I had 14 Skill Points I couldn't spend on anything because the skills were locked, it's almost as if the game didn't want me to complete it.

Diegolomac

Jan 28, 2009
So I guess we can guarantee that Spec Ops: The Line, Xcom: Enemy Unknown, and Far Cry 3 will all be on his Top 5 of the year.

Also, every time he said "I am a banana" I was reminded of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuOvqeABHvQ

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
I do believe we get the point now, Yahtzee, you don't like CoD and its' ilk.

I did enjoy what I'm assuming was a "Rejected Cartoons" reference.

gardian06

Jun 18, 2012
Mamzelle_Kat said:
I could totally see a game putting "Even Yahtzee liked it!" on the back of the box.

the thing about that is that He would actually have to review a game before it came out.

OT: If the tiger takes out the enemy base, and then I kill the tiger do I get the experience that the tiger earned?

Madmonk12345

Jun 14, 2012
I figured that this would be the "Lord of the Flies" to Spec Ops "Heart of Darkness", and I'm glad it worked out that way.

Definitely going to have to buy this.

TieInterceptor

Apr 1, 2011
I'm enjoying this game a lot, I was a big fan of FarCry 1, and liked farcry2 with the same reservations that everyone else had, re-spaning enemies, malaria, etc...

The Farcry3 debs really seems like they took to heart the feedback and went to fix everything and then some...

it's a great game, and as with yatzie, I had moments when I been ninja tagging an enemy base with my binoculars, when a pack of wild dogs decided my ass stiking out of some bushes looked rather tasty, and lost the extra 1000 xp points because I freaked out and started shooting at them with guns.

well, it's a sandbox, shit happens :D

WOOKIE TIDDY

Dec 4, 2008
It's uncanny. I ordered the game in the mail last Friday and am expecting it any moment now. Been waiting for Yahtzee to review it and VOILA! The day I'm expecting it in the mail is the day he reviews it! Love these reviews Yahtzee. Keep up the good work.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
gardian06 said:
Mamzelle_Kat said:

the thing about that is that He would actually have to review a game before it came out.

OT: If the tiger takes out the enemy base, and then I kill the tiger do I get the experience that the tiger earned?
Not necessarily. They could just stick it on the GOTY edition. They already do it with other review things 'WON 84 AWARDS! BUY ME!'

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
Am I the only one who has had problems with the flamethrower? I seem to set myself on fire 99% of the time I pull the trigger (even in areas devoid of plants and wood), and the visual end-result of using the flamethrower ends up being... well, not very good.

Mamzelle_Kat

Aug 23, 2010
gardian06 said:
Mamzelle_Kat said:

Upon learning that Yahtzee enjoyed their game, they would obviously go to the presses and produce new covers featuring that sentence before sending them to all stores carrying the game so they could change them individually.

...what? What do you mean "unrealistic"?

jehk

Mar 5, 2012
I really am the only person who hated this game. I've never played a modern military shooter so maybe this is good by comparison. Skyrim with guns this game is not.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
A tiger with ties to Al Quida, now there's a thought. lol!
This game actually sounds fun, now I wish I wasn't broke.