Zero Punctuation: Far Cry 5

Venatio

New member
Sep 6, 2009
444
0
0
Osvaldas Daniulis said:
So Yahtzee quite liked it? Oh boy finally a game I can download
Well yah, but bear in mind that all of the ending are a bit of a *MAJOR* pisser. Even more so than the "Stay on the Island Ending" of Far Cry 3, which I find far more upbeat than Far Cry 5's Endings.

Although I am a lonely man, so there could be other reasons why the Island ending is better than what you're left with at the end of 5.
 

darkrage6

New member
May 11, 2016
478
0
0
The ending isn't so depressing when you consider that it's likely a hallucination caused by the Bliss.
 

Venatio

New member
Sep 6, 2009
444
0
0
darkrage6 said:
The ending isn't so depressing when you consider that it's likely a hallucination caused by the Bliss.
Pretty sure that all endings are what they say they are.
 

Darth_Payn

New member
Aug 5, 2009
2,868
0
0
He left out that this is the first game in the whole Far Cry series where you can play as a woman, but
it's also where the bad guy lives no matter which ending you pick, so you don't really feel like you accomplished much. Which means the ending where Seed takes you back to the bomb shelter after the nukes drop and handcuffs you to a bed has some majorly rapey overtones.
I wonder if Yahtzee moved his Extra Punctuation blog somewhere else, because the endings and what they could mean about using violence to solve anything sounds like a pretty good topic.
 

Venatio

New member
Sep 6, 2009
444
0
0
Spoiler Concerning Ending of Far Cry 5, don't touch if you don't want to be spoiled.

So.. next Far Cry game will be set after a nuclear apopcalypse - right? That'll be something to look forward to.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
I actually want to play this game, mostly because I because I will extract great enjoyment wrecking some American shit. I'm not paying $80 though nor am I touching any game with microtransactions.
 

Venatio

New member
Sep 6, 2009
444
0
0
Canadamus Prime said:
I actually want to play this game, mostly because I because I will extract great enjoyment wrecking some American shit. I'm not paying $80 though nor am I touching any game with microtransactions.
Yah, sorry to say it but the people you will be fighting really don't apply to any mold you may be inclined to bear prejudice against. They're just an army of amoral thugs who popped out of plot holes - they could literally be from anywhere.

Rather, you will get to enjoy a backwoods American festival involving testicles. If you think that's weird, please bear in mind that some people in this Great Nation will literally place bets and cheer when cows in front of them take a dump. It's called Cow Bingo. Those are the people you will be helping in this game. You're welcome.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
Venatio said:
Canadamus Prime said:
I actually want to play this game, mostly because I because I will extract great enjoyment wrecking some American shit. I'm not paying $80 though nor am I touching any game with microtransactions.
Yah, sorry to say it but the people you will be fighting really don't apply to any mold you may be inclined to bear prejudice against. They're just an army of amoral thugs who popped out of plot holes - they could literally be from anywhere.

Rather, you will get to enjoy a backwoods American festival involving testicles. If you think that's weird, please bear in mind that some people in this Great Nation will literally place bets and cheer when cows in front of them take a dump. It's called Cow Bingo. Those are the people you will be helping in this game. You're welcome.
As much as I would prefer them to be some right-wing militant extremists, wrecking the shit of some religious whack job cult would still be joyful enough.

Also why doesn't that surprise me?
 

TheFinish

Grand Admiral
May 17, 2010
262
0
0
I don't get his "ending" point. Like, yeah, there's an ending, but after that the game still lets you faff around the world to complete side missions you missed. I think he just put the game out of his mind after the ending and didnt realise this...

This isn't like Fallout New Vegas where it's over and done.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
Venatio said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Also why doesn't that surprise me?
Because you're jaded after too much time on the internet. Obviously.
Or that the idea any game would openly declare a group of people 'the enemy' and have you kill them en mass, vigilante style, would cause a shitstorm.
Imagine if FC5 was set in...San Francisco, and the enemies were militant gay people, and your job was to just kill gay people. Or in Israel and jews. Or South Africa and Zulus. Or London and Labor Party.
I'm not saying Trump voters are inherently good, but not all of them are literal home-grown domestic terrorists chomping at the bit to burn their neighbors alive, torture dogs, and carve their skin up Slaanesh style to please what is basically the Bible, Slaanesh version with mutilation, torture, rape, and drugs.
 

Venatio

New member
Sep 6, 2009
444
0
0
Silentpony said:
Venatio said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Also why doesn't that surprise me?
Because you're jaded after too much time on the internet. Obviously.
Or that the idea any game would openly declare a group of people 'the enemy' and have you kill them en mass, vigilante style, would cause a shitstorm.
Imagine if FC5 was set in...San Francisco, and the enemies were militant gay people, and your job was to just kill gay people. Or in Israel and jews. Or South Africa and Zulus. Or London and Labor Party.
I'm not saying Trump voters are inherently good, but not all of them are literal home-grown domestic terrorists chomping at the bit to burn their neighbors alive, torture dogs, and carve their skin up Slaanesh style to please what is basically the Bible, Slaanesh version with mutilation, torture, rape, and drugs.
We were talking about Cow Bingo.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
Venatio said:
Silentpony said:
Venatio said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Also why doesn't that surprise me?
Because you're jaded after too much time on the internet. Obviously.
Or that the idea any game would openly declare a group of people 'the enemy' and have you kill them en mass, vigilante style, would cause a shitstorm.
Imagine if FC5 was set in...San Francisco, and the enemies were militant gay people, and your job was to just kill gay people. Or in Israel and jews. Or South Africa and Zulus. Or London and Labor Party.
I'm not saying Trump voters are inherently good, but not all of them are literal home-grown domestic terrorists chomping at the bit to burn their neighbors alive, torture dogs, and carve their skin up Slaanesh style to please what is basically the Bible, Slaanesh version with mutilation, torture, rape, and drugs.
We were talking about Cow Bingo.
No, you were talking about Cadamus wanting to kill right wing extremists Americans
 

Venatio

New member
Sep 6, 2009
444
0
0
His second line was in reference to Cow Bingo from my second line, his first line was referring to my first line correction that he wasn't fighting traditional right wing extremist Americans. Which is something Yahtzee pointed out.

Cadamus' lack of surprise at hearing of the practice known as Cow Bingo was to him a source of wonder, because by all rights most people unaware of this local custom might at first express a measure of distaste. I pointed out that not being surprised by Cow Bingo was due to him being devoid of the ability to express natural shock because of the effect of prolonged internet use. I.e. Jaded.

To wit, I would never dream of making fun of other people's form of entertainment. Especially when it comes from a natural source. Therefore I am not making fun of Cow Bingo. In Far Cry 5 we have the Testical Festival. Which we get to enjoy, while liberating the area from amoral thugs who popped out of plot-holes.

You just quoted the wrong section of our conversation to make your point.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
Venatio said:
His second line was in reference to Cow Bingo from my second line, his first line was referring to my first line correction that he wasn't fighting traditional right wing extremist Americans. Which is something Yahtzee pointed out.

Cadamus' lack of surprise at hearing of the practice known as Cow Bingo was to him a source of wonder, because by all rights most people unaware of this local custom might at first express a measure of distaste. I pointed out that not being surprised by Cow Bingo was due to him being devoid of the ability to express natural shock because of the effect of prolonged internet use. I.e. Jaded.

To wit, I would never dream of making fun of other people's form of entertainment. Especially when it comes from a natural source. Therefore I am not making fun of Cow Bingo. In Far Cry 5 we have the Testical Festival. Which we get to enjoy, while liberating the area from amoral thugs who popped out of plot-holes.

You just quoted the wrong section of our conversation to make your point.
Ahh, my mistake. I thought the second line about not being surprised was in reference to the nature of the cult! I misunderstood the flow of the conversation, my bad.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
Venatio said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Also why doesn't that surprise me?
Because you're jaded after too much time on the internet. Obviously.
Yeah, that's probably it.

@Silentpony yeah I was going to say that question about my lack of surprise was in reference to the cow bingo, but it seems that's been covered already so never mind.

EDIT: Also my name is CANADAmus Prime. I am not a secret government organization from the DC universe.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
Venatio said:
As long as you respect Cow Bingo and Testical Festivals, all is well.
The Testical Festival quest was cute but oddly placed. Like here, lets cut off the balls of some bulls and eat them, while our friends are being tortured and mutilated literally just down the road, and then lets all get drunk and pass out, while an evil cult is, again, literally down the road waiting to attack the town.

Would have worked way better as a post-John Seed quest