Zero Punctuation: Fear 2

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I gotta say, a lot of people banned for strange things!!
Anyways, I think he's right and wrong, a world without sequels would be good for terrible sequels and remakes (e.g the MILLIONS of Mario games) but also good for some sequels (e.g ninja gaiden 2, saints row 2, MGS4 etc)

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Wow. First time I have liked a review of your in a while; all becuase of a few Nice jokes and good points.

P.S Glad you recognised that PC gamers are mostly elitist bastards.

the farkinator

Nov 6, 2008
Applause for Yahtzee. Good show, Mr. Croshaw. I'm looking forward to the incarceration of the creators of Beyond Good and Evil too.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
I know watching this without sound completely misses the point, but did he like it? As far as I can tell, no.

I didn't even like F.E.A.R. 1, it wasn't scary, the AI wasn't nearly as good as everyone claimed, the pacing was terrible, why the fuck am I shooting at mechs? the list goes on about my complaints with F.E.A.R, and I don't think a sequel would make it better.

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
Very good ending on this one. However I wouldn't want to miss out on Valve's finest work just to avoid ignoring lucasarts and bungee ;)

deadly.by.design

Jan 30, 2008
I'd give FEAR 2 a 3.5/5. It's mostly fun to play through, w/ bullet time & high production value, but has enough glaring console-port or iffy design/story issues to keep it down.

AyaReiko

Aug 9, 2008
But if there were no remakes or sequels, Capcom would have gone out of business at least a decade ago.

Wait, I wonder if that's really a bad thing...

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
esperandote said:
No sequels uh. What about silent hill 2? almost a great idea tough.
True - but as he said, at least stories would have some damn closure!

Like Anarchronox :( They never made n.o 2 and the story is unfinished

wiredk

Jun 1, 2008
Here, I can give you the cliffnotes of this episode to save you some time.

*Played the Demo
*Watched the movie out there about the ending
*Made baseless comments.

There you go!

Valthek

Aug 25, 2008
Finally, after a few somwhat less funny installments, the yathzinator is back. I absolutely LOVED the final rant on sequels. And guess what? i think he's RIGHT!

tobyornottoby

Jan 2, 2008
NO it wouldn't be wonderful, as I don't see how a world that doesn't allow its people to do what they like as 'wonderful'.

Remakes are made because they SELL, and they sell because people LIKE them

(and of course because a sequel can build on an established working idea, instead of having the risk of not finding new solid ground)

wiredk

Jun 1, 2008
Not a Spy said:
Well, i got FEAR 2 and pretty much agreed with all of Yahtzee's points. The Quick-time events were stupid, the evil Armacham exec was really FUCKING stupid, (seriously, this game has the dumbest "evil plan" ever)Your team-mates were thick and the ending was extra ball-sucky.

Still I couldn't help but enjoy myself, the combat was satisfying, the enimies were relatively intelligent,there were more than a couple good scares, and the online play is decent (not great but still enjoyable). I'd say its worth a rent.
The team mates could actually kill stuff, for starters.
Also, Her plan was "Create a giant juicy cheeseburger for the big scary girl to follow so that she's distracted and trapped." -- Her downfall was the part where she wanted to just contain her to keep her job. Thats part of her character. Having a npc in a game with Character is... GASP... IMPORTANT.