Zero Punctuation: Fear 2

southparkdudez

Feb 7, 2010
a world without sequels wodnt that mean more shitting games because no one can use the same stuff that works its like introduching a family who ate nothing but chickin to vegies and fruit

Tevana

Mar 28, 2010
I liked FEAR one where it kinda did a pattern Soldiers/Scary Girl/Soldiers/Scary Girl. Though in FEAR 2 it was somewhat the same except they added creatures into the mix and QTE, didnt do it alot and I didnt really get why they even needed it, could of just been a cutscene where the charater just got Alma off himself instead of you doing it. I still liked the game though and nice review as well.

CriticalQuit

Jun 16, 2009
Does the Final Fantasy series count?

Sure, the end in increasing numbers, but every single story in each one ends completely, and has no connection to the ones before and after.

luckshotpro

Oct 18, 2010
I am totally a console gamer, and I picked up the original F.E.A.R. for the xbox 360 off of my friend a couple months back for about a buck and I have been playing it on occasion since then. I am definitely enjoying, but like Yahtzee mentioned in his Super Mario Galaxy 2 review, I don't want to play a new version of this same thing every couple of years, and from the sound of it, that's what I'd get from F.E.A.R. Extraction Point, F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, and more than likely, F.3.A.R. when it comes out. And one more thing, while a lot of F.E.A.R. set-piece scares rely on you looking in a certain place at a certain time, a lot also don't, and the original did a good job a seamlessly merging actiony shooter gameplay with dark and scary moments, even if the genuine scares take a while to start being effective, at least there's no quick time events though.

luckshotpro

Oct 18, 2010
Opacic said:
Complaints about sequels and not a single jab at the JRPG industry?

People enjoy sequels such as Halo 3, even F.E.A.R 2. Get over it. Having some sort of deluded elitism over it all just makes you seem like a dick, Yahtzee.

I didn't even laugh |:
think of it like this, in a world without sequels, all ideas would have to be original, and because we would need everything to be original, games would be longer to fit the whole story into one package, fewer games would be released, but the extra content you would get from just one game would be well worth the fewer releases, and on that note, gamers could afford a higher percentage of games that come out, because let's face it, unless you're a major website with loads of staff doing this for aliving, you can't afford to buy every game that comes out, much less have the spare time to play them all.

ThatDamnedBadger

Aug 26, 2010
a world without squeals? well then we would be playing REALLY long games that go from 4 hours of playing to 50 hours of "i cant do this shit anymore!"

yaoinut

Dec 17, 2010
Liked some of the jokes used here. Might be childish, but the puking image and the ones with the bleeding eyes got chuckles out of me. Also, the rant on super soldiers in video games at the beginning was great.

As for Fear 2...eh. I can't call it good, especially since, as pointed out by Ben, the whole plot is pretty damn stupid. Super soldiers controlled by someone you've been abusing for years. Yea, can't see how that would come around to bite them in the ass. Plus the ending...it just felt wroooong.