Zero Punctuation: Fortnite and Dusk

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
14,758
653
118
I remember back when first post on a ZP meant something, lots of people would get banning posting before they could have watched the vid. So I watched the vid wondering if I'd find something to comment on and snag the once prized spot. Sure, the review was fine, but didn't look like anything to get me my first comment until the visual pun at the very end.

I did not see that one coming. Didn't "lol", actually laughed out loud for reals at that. Been watching old ZPs, and I don't think he's done anything that off the wall and funny for awhile, especially in the visual puns at the end.
 

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
3,134
0
0
Jaysis fokkin' chroyst that 9/11 joke in the credits. Savage.

Anyway yeah fuck Early Access, it's ruining games.
 

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
6,766
0
0
Eh. They did that Robert Pattinson romdrama that ended with 9/11. After jumping that shark, no 9/11 joke can ever be shocking anymore.
 

BarkBarker

New member
May 30, 2013
466
0
0
Fortnites small maps make it good for burst gameplay, you get in the action more and if you don't get a gun you can die and move onto the next one pronto. The building system allows a healthy amount of flexibility from the stupid and boring the the ingenious and insane. I definitely feel like it could be a very enjoyable game down the line, as much as people love PUBG I feel I can dick about and enjoy the madness of a Battle Royale more in Fortnite.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
I won't touch a game if it's in Early Access as a rule. Neither of these sound particularly appealing to me. The problem with apeing early 3D is that early 3D looks like ass. It looked like ass at the time, but it was innovative at the time so we were all blown away by it. Pixel graphics on the other hand tend to age better unless you're a graphics snob who isn't satisfied unless there's full 3D models with 10 trillion HD polygons or whatever.
 

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
732
0
0
Oh.... no.... It has finally happened.... Yahtzee has gone Full Sonic Fan....

I almost want to try Dusk.
Fortnite on the other hand feels like it's trying to copy everything that can be successful
Craft like Minecraft
Be cartoony like Overwatch Team Fortress 2
Now copy Battle Royale WCW's World War 3
If they keep this up the final game Fortnite will copy will be Doki Doki Literature Club.
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite

Damn I thought I'd only have this one joke.

Next time on The Escapist
There Is No Justice Here takes on a whole new meaning
Same Yahtzee Time!
Same Yahtzee Website!
 

darkrage6

New member
May 11, 2016
478
0
0
Jacked Assassin said:
Oh.... no.... It has finally happened.... Yahtzee has gone Full Sonic Fan....

I almost want to try Dusk.
Fortnite on the other hand feels like it's trying to copy everything that can be successful
Craft like Minecraft
Be cartoony like Overwatch Team Fortress 2
Now copy Battle Royale WCW's World War 3
If they keep this up the final game Fortnite will copy will be Doki Doki Literature Club.
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite
Only Fortnite

Damn I thought I'd only have this one joke.

Next time on The Escapist
There Is No Justice Here takes on a whole new meaning
Same Yatzee Time!
Same Yatzee Website!
What's wrong with Sonic fans?

I know something else Yahtzee can review next week-COD WW2
 

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
732
0
0
darkrage6 said:
What's wrong with Sonic fans?

I know something else Yahtzee can review next week-COD WW2
My Sonic Fan remark wasn't simply aimed at Sonic Fans. It was also aimed at Yahtzee's remarks towards Sonic Fans in the past. And how he ends this video smelling his dog's farts.

There is nothing more to be said about Spunkgargleweewe is the impression I get to why Yahtzee hasn't reviewed another CoD yet.
 

Darth_Payn

New member
Aug 5, 2009
2,868
0
0
I 'member when early versions of games still under development were free, and were called "demos".
Canadamus Prime said:
I won't touch a game if it's in Early Access as a rule. Neither of these sound particularly appealing to me. The problem with apeing early 3D is that early 3D looks like ass. It looked like ass at the time, but it was innovative at the time so we were all blown away by it. Pixel graphics on the other hand tend to age better unless you're a graphics snob who isn't satisfied unless there's full 3D models with 10 trillion HD polygons or whatever.
Yup, they looked like colored blocks stacked on top of each other, but they looked new at the time because pixelated sprites were the norm and they were a step towards "realistic" looking graphics. Jaysus, I'm old.
 

Blazing Hero

New member
Feb 20, 2015
158
0
0
SirSullymore said:
RLM reference? OOOOOHHH MMMYYYY GOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!
It's actually kind of refreshing to know that Yahtzee actually has a review channel he also fanboys over. Red Letter Media is a great choice btw. I would love to see Yahtzee hang out and play a game with Jack and Rich one day.
 

Arnoxthe1

New member
Dec 25, 2010
3,374
0
0
I don't get why the hell these "old-school shooters" feel like they need to make the game with as much boring-ass sameyness as possible. Yes, that's a nice shotgun. No, I don't want to fire it five billion times because you won't give me anything else. kthxbai.

And 90's shooters had some pretty impressive arsenals too... FFS.

Silentpony said:
darkrage6 said:
What's wrong with Sonic fans?
Is that like a joke? 'cause the short answer is alot.
^

Cid Silverwing said:
Jaysis fokkin' chroyst that 9/11 joke in the credits. Savage.

Anyway yeah fuck Early Access, it's ruining games.
Ayyy haven't seen you in a while! :D
 

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
6,738
1,379
118
Country
United States
Gender
Male
Cid Silverwing said:
Jaysis fokkin' chroyst that 9/11 joke in the credits. Savage.

Anyway yeah fuck Early Access, it's ruining games.
There are a few(a very few) games where Early access felt like it was worth it, but yeah, I'm really to the point now where "Early Access" just prompts me to respond"Great, call me when it's done".

I'll wishlist it on steam or gog and wait for the release and see what people say about whatever game then.
 

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
14,334
0
0
Darth_Payn said:
I 'member when early versions of games still under development were free, and were called "demos".
Yep me too. Ah the bygone days.
Canadamus Prime said:
I won't touch a game if it's in Early Access as a rule. Neither of these sound particularly appealing to me. The problem with apeing early 3D is that early 3D looks like ass. It looked like ass at the time, but it was innovative at the time so we were all blown away by it. Pixel graphics on the other hand tend to age better unless you're a graphics snob who isn't satisfied unless there's full 3D models with 10 trillion HD polygons or whatever.
Yup, they looked like colored blocks stacked on top of each other, but they looked new at the time because pixelated sprites were the norm and they were a step towards "realistic" looking graphics. Jaysus, I'm old.
Join the club.
 

moosemaimer

New member
Apr 14, 2011
117
0
0
Never thought I'd be reminded of Deathtrap Dungeon again.

Although I still have a mousepad tucked away in a drawer, even though I never owned the game.
 

bificommander

New member
Apr 19, 2010
434
0
0
Heb, I remember Redneck Rampage. It was pretty fun, though the manual certainty helped with that.

Also, if the "What else should I play?" wasn't retorical: Doki Doki Literature club apparently can be summed up as "What if Undertale was set in Silent Hill?" Whether or not Yahtzee feels it's fit to lick the above's boots, there ought to be an amusing reaction of it to give.