Zero Punctuation: Ghost of Tale

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
It occurs to me that if his next review is Ni no Kuni 2 we might actually be able to keep the whole "Rats are in!" theme going for a little while.

Onliuge

Aug 9, 2012
Gotta say, that last joke made me laugh pretty hard. It's nice to see that you've suspended your masochistic tendencies for one review to have some fucking fun Yahtz.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
HazardousCube said:
What was up with that sound glitch between 1:48 to 1:50?
Not a glitch, he's saying that once you find that piece of gear you don't "Stealth around" you just "... around" cause there's no more stealth.

yes_more_ads_please

Nov 30, 2011
Just listened to the audiobook sample, and it is SUPER WEIRD hearing Yahtz speak at normal pace. It's like watching ZP on YouTube at 50% speed.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Well, that took a weird turn at the end there, didn't it?

Far Cry 5 was released yesterday, but that game's so massive, I give Yahtzee two weeks minimum to review it. Maybe 3.

jchwv5

Mar 28, 2018
Silentpony said:
So was that Hitler joke a reference to the CountDankula situation?
No idea who or what "CountDankula" is, but I imagine it was a reference to Maus, an old graphic novel by the son of a Holocaust survivor, in which Jewish Holocaust victims are depicted as mice, German Nazis as cats, etc.

Great book and worth checking out if you've not read it.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
jchwv5 said:
Silentpony said:
So was that Hitler joke a reference to the CountDankula situation?
No idea who or what "CountDankula" is, but I imagine it was a reference to Maus, an old graphic novel by the son of a Holocaust survivor, in which Jewish Holocaust victims are depicted as mice, German Nazis as cats, etc.

Great book and worth checking out if you've not read it.
CountDankula is the UK born Youtuber found guilty of a hate crime for making a Nazi joke last week

Ravinoff

Elite Member
Legacy
May 31, 2012
Country
Canada
I mean, Vermintide 2 has "loot boxes" in that you get loot after every mission, but you can't buy them (the devs are on record as saying they're not adding paid loot boxes). Hardly fair to compare those to the predatory model AAA studios are doing now.

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
This was featured in the same ancient Gametrailers countdown as Hat in Time; I was wondering if it had ever come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOCj8UixnUU

Moagim

Aug 6, 2011
Better be careful with those Nazi jokes man, they're already about to throw one video maker in jail for it.

I laughed pretty fucking hard at it though, I suppose I better turn myself in to the first official I see at the Ministry Of Progressiveness And Protecting People's Feelings And Totally Not Totalitarian Thought Control.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Ravinoff said:
I mean, Vermintide 2 has "loot boxes" in that you get loot after every mission, but you can't buy them (the devs are on record as saying they're not adding paid loot boxes). Hardly fair to compare those to the predatory model AAA studios are doing now.
Yeah, I have to admit, this video kinda sent the wrong message. I heard him complain about loot boxes and I screamed "WHAT!? It has microtransactions! And I was hearing good things about it, how come no one told me this!" Then I did some angry googling and learned...oh. They're loot boxes that you only earn in game and CAN'T buy. So they have no motivation to try and use them to wear down your patience. That sounds, dare I say it, a little fun. Because there IS a thrill to beating the odds and getting a super rare drop, that's why loot boxes you can pay for are kinda evil. But ones properly worked into the game NOT trying to earn a quick buck? That sounds, dare I say it, kinda fun.

(If they go the route of EA and Activision and patch in microtransactions after the fact though, they can go to hell. Though this studio doesn't have a history of that, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.)

HazardousCube

Apr 20, 2017
Qizx said:
HazardousCube said:
What was up with that sound glitch between 1:48 to 1:50?
Not a glitch, he's saying that once you find that piece of gear you don't "Stealth around" you just "... around" cause there's no more stealth.
Alright then. It just came out of nowhere and sounded like something else was going to be there but wasn't. Maybe that's the point.