Zero Punctuation: Godzilla - God-Awful-Zilla

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Sounds to me like the one level in Alice: Madness Returns where Alice becomes giant and wrecks everything is more entertaining than this game. I'll give it a pass.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
This Godzilla game is a bloody tragedy.

All they had to do was copy the game play from the old PS2/Xbox/GameCube Godzilla games from about 12 years back with new shiny graphics. That's all it would have taken to make a game I'd be proud to have in my collection. But instead, they make a pile of crap with awkward controls and pointless game play that drags on. It's very disappointing.

CadashReaver

Jul 29, 2015
There was only one nation being a jerk during the nuking of Japan, and it certainly wasn't Japan.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
CadashReaver said:
There was only one nation being a jerk during the nuking of Japan, and it certainly wasn't Japan.
Clearly not a history buff.

OT:

I almost bought this game yesterday when I found out it came out.

Fortunately, one of my friends already bought it and warded me off.

Now I'm probably going to use that 64 dollars to buy a really pretty promo magic card...

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I almost let myself hope we would get another good Godzilla game like Save the Earth and Melee. But they completely ruined it and turned it into something that looks barely better than a grindfest.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
So what you're saying is, Godzilla controls like "the end" of Shadow of the Colossus, if you know what I mean.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Aptspire said:
Sounds to me like the one level in Alice: Madness Returns where Alice becomes giant and wrecks everything is more entertaining than this game. I'll give it a pass.
Oh yeah that was a grand little setpiece, and that's what that type of gameplay should be I feel: a setpiece/mission, not an entire game.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
CadashReaver said:
Yes it absolutely was Japan.

OT: Very to the point and a shame to hear since I used to enjoy Godzilla stuff, even that movie that came out around 2000.

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
CadashReaver said:
Maybe not during the nuking of Japan, but keep in mind we gave them days notice and a chance to surrender during the time between the First Drop and the Second.

And even if they weren't jerks during, I am sure the whole rape and murder of millions of Chinese during the China Campaign surely makes up for it.

MoltenSilver

Feb 21, 2013
CadashReaver said:
Sorry, but when a nation starts spreading propaganda to the average Joe that your untrained, unarmed ass kamikaze attacking those armed foreigners invading is a great idea (if the goal is to get both killed...) to the point that two nuclear weapons somehow wind up being the way to get less casualties on both sides, there's at least one other jerk in this scenario (hint, it's Japan)

Captcha: have fun
I don't think this is the appropriate time for levity, Captcha

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
Draconalis said:
CadashReaver said:
Clearly not a history buff.
Pfff, Quantun army was already doomed at that point, and dropping the bombs had nothing to do with its devastation. Japanese capitulation followed Manchurian operation, thus bombardments were as unnecessary as they could be, and thus criminal.

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
As someone who went to university in Coventry, I take a personal affront with the end credits comment.

Godzilla should already have done it

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
A game based on the most recent Godzilla movie would be even worse, because Godzilla would barely even be in it, and you wouldn't see shit.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Unrelated... but Bojack Horseman can fuck right off, even without the mind-numbing repetition of it being before every video on this site, it looks painfully unfunny from the "highlights" they choose as an advertisement.