Zero Punctuation: Gravity Rush 2

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Aw man, just from watching some of the gameplay, this looks like an incredible amount of fun. Too bad it's a console exclusive.

Are there any other games that aim for that kind of mobility focused combat, with the jumping, teleporting and stuff? I liked the Platinum Games action like Bayonetta and Revengeance, and the Batman/Shadow of Mordor combat stuff, but it's always so rooted to the ground.

GreenSkin99

Sep 13, 2013
Covarr said:
Django03 said:
after the credits
Story content should not be after the credits, and any developer who puts it there deserves for reviewers and gamers to completely miss it. Post-credits content should be exclusively bonus stuff.

P.S. Thanks
This is nitpicking at this point. Besides several well acclaimed games have done this without being negatively reviewed. Persona 4 has a True Ending but no one gave it guff after you beat the 'final boss' and you had to, just like Gravity Rush 2, talk to NPCs to unlock it.

Suncatcher

May 11, 2011
Honestly I loved the credit sequence fake-out. There I was, having just finished chapter 20 and the second big end-of-act boss fight, ready to continue my journey, when suddenly the credits start to roll. And I'm starting to really worry because there were so many questions left unanswered, so they can't possibly get through all that in a satisfactory manner during the epilogue comics, right? Did they think they were making another game? Did they run out of budget? Did they get screwed by the publisher like MGSV? They promised that this was going to be the conclusion, that we were going to get the real answers, they can't just leave it like this! So I sit back and start watching the ending comics, and it's normal epilogue stuff except wait, that was a major plot development. And isn't that guy dead? And waitwaitwait that's a NEW story thread that they are just starting now! Wait shit, who's that girl, is she somebody I know in a weird art style or is she new? And then suddenly I crash right back out of epilogue narration into gameplay, at the first meeting between Kat and this mysterious girl.

And then I get seven more chapters that reveal everything and bring the series to an extremely satisfying conclusion.
(except for the lost children and the Ark, but they planned that as a DLC and then decided to release it free to everybody so it'll be wrapped up nicely in a month or two)
(Okay and also Singlor and Nala's time travel adventure, which could technically be left where GR1 dropped it but that would be kind of unsatisfying)

Oh, and it's not any kind of bonus TRUE ENDING that requires 100% completion or multiple playthroughs or any of that junk. To unlock the last seven chapters all you need to do is go through like four conversations, which are clearly marked on your map, and if you haven't been doing every conversation on the map already then you've been willfully ignoring like 1/3 of the story so that's all on you.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
Covarr said:
Django03 said:
after the credits
Story content should not be after the credits, and any developer who puts it there deserves for reviewers and gamers to completely miss it. Post-credits content should be exclusively bonus stuff.

P.S. Thanks
Explains why he missed the last three quarters of Kid Icarus Uprising, at any rate.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
Suncatcher said:
Honestly I loved the credit sequence fake-out. There I was, having just finished chapter 20 and the second big end-of-act boss fight, ready to continue my journey, when suddenly the credits start to roll. And I'm starting to really worry because there were so many questions left unanswered, so they can't possibly get through all that in a satisfactory manner during the epilogue comics, right? Did they think they were making another game? Did they run out of budget? Did they get screwed by the publisher like MGSV? They promised that this was going to be the conclusion, that we were going to get the real answers, they can't just leave it like this! So I sit back and start watching the ending comics, and it's normal epilogue stuff except wait, that was a major plot development. And isn't that guy dead? And waitwaitwait that's a NEW story thread that they are just starting now! Wait shit, who's that girl, is she somebody I know in a weird art style or is she new? And then suddenly I crash right back out of epilogue narration into gameplay, at the first meeting between Kat and this mysterious girl.

And then I get seven more chapters that reveal everything and bring the series to an extremely satisfying conclusion.
(except for the lost children and the Ark, but they planned that as a DLC and then decided to release it free to everybody so it'll be wrapped up nicely in a month or two)
(Okay and also Singlor and Nala's time travel adventure, which could technically be left where GR1 dropped it but that would be kind of unsatisfying)

Oh, and it's not any kind of bonus TRUE ENDING that requires 100% completion or multiple playthroughs or any of that junk. To unlock the last seven chapters all you need to do is go through like four conversations, which are clearly marked on your map, and if you haven't been doing every conversation on the map already then you've been willfully ignoring like 1/3 of the story so that's all on you.
Right? "Oh, I guess it's just stopping after the big bossfight like the first one did. Oh well I gue-" "Oh hey, third act's over this way. Follow meeeeee~"