Zero Punctuation: Hatred - Maypole of Controversy

Mar 24, 2015
I personally think the best way to deal with games like this is to mercilessly mock them. Because this is essentially the video game equivalent of that weirdo in high school who didn't have many friends yelling "Penis!" in the back of the class to make the teachers mad and get attention. That teenage weirdo is, incidentally, also the target audience for this game.

There's no reason for a government to ban its sale, but if I had a video game store I wouldn't sell it, because I would only want to sell non-garbage games.

Caramel Frappe said:
Pretty much .. Hatred exists for people to talk about it- only to get more interested and pay for it to see what the fuss was all about.. rather brilliant really. Not needing to be complex, or ground breaking- the controversy around the game itself is enough to make the devs behind the scheme rich.

Even now it's still probably getting bought like crazy because if you try to make a big deal out of it... it'll only create more attention towards the game. If you really hated a game, you wouldn't bother talking about it or giving it attention.
The real question, though, is who is the bigger fool? The people getting worked up over a dumb shock-value game? Or the people spending their time and money on said game purely to spite the former?

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
I really love that Jeffrey as visually designed for this video is indistinguishable to me from how I imagine either of the little pissant girls from the Grudge or the Ring would be. It just seems fitting to me.