Zero Punctuation: Heavenly Sword and Other Stuff

Jaunty

Jul 28, 2006
Man, over the past year The Escapist has gone from an occasional visit to main gaming-news source for me thanks to the abundance of interesting new content and fresh talent - and it just keeps coming! Keep up the great work, guys (and I absolutely love your reviews, Yahtzee).

colinhunt

Aug 19, 2007
Having watched the video (and the ones on YT) for a couple of times -- and laughing myself silly -- I felt compelled to register and heap praise. I've been writing games reviews for 20 years, but this one video just put everything I've ever written to shame. Kudos to you, Mr. Croshaw, and kudos to Escapist for signing your not inconsiderable talent. I shall be checking in on Wednesdays.

wiper

Jul 13, 2006
Good to see you're still doing the rounds there matey, and a great video (I also note your artistic ability hasn't failed you since the days of Rob Blanc!). Nice to see Australia hasn't taken your accent just yet.

Of course, the really important question is: have you actually played a game of Yahtzee yet, or do you still use the name without being fully educated in its meaning?

Arbre

Jan 13, 2007
Good video! Yet, I think I'm going to ask for subtitiles... with zero punctuation. :D

Landslide

Jun 13, 2002
His games are pretty damned fun too - if you like adventure games. Reminded me a lot of DOTT, and the classic Sierra stuff (Most of which I've played).

Aug 22, 2007
Hey look, another person who registered to say how awesome this is!

This really has to be one of the best game videos I've ever seen

Geoffrey42 said:
Please, don't crush my dreams that out there, somewhere, is a woman who is both beautiful AND brilliant. They exist in books! And in movies! Inspiration had to come from somewhere!
she's taken ;)

Coolcloud33

Sep 17, 2007
Twing-Twang is a "game" that the "Parkinsons Kiss Cat Girl" plays in which she shoots her bow (crossbow) and wins by killing people.

I bought the game just to know what it is.....Though the motion sensing arrows/bolt/everything you can throw is awesome.

BTW, KICK ASS REVIEW. Keep them coming.

penischucker

Oct 12, 2007
Heavenly Sword looks insanely stupid (almost as insane and as stupid as I am *duhurr*) in so many ways.
Unless the comment about lesbian cunnilingus is true...
What?
I have to admit, that I never got through RE:4, because I got so frustrated with the camera angle flaws and not being able to attack while moving. Seriously, WHAT THE F**K is up with that? It's like playing a carnival game except no stuffed monkey.

Zetim

Oct 6, 2007
ladypyramidhead said:
Heavenly Sword looks insanely stupid (almost as insane and as stupid as I am *duhurr*) in so many ways.
Unless the comment about lesbian cunnilingus is true...
What?
I have to admit, that I never got through RE:4, because I got so frustrated with the camera angle flaws and not being able to attack while moving. Seriously, WHAT THE F**K is up with that? It's like playing a carnival game except no stuffed monkey.
i dunno, if you actually spend some time trying to figure out the controls to the game it becomes quite fun. its alot like god of war, but with the appeal of a female lead.

blackfly01

Dec 5, 2007
Quite funny and very informative for the critically thoughtful gamer.

By the way: as much as I currently despise Capcom with their recent Resident Evil disasters, if they throw out a black comic relief character in Resident Evil 5 whilst taking place in Africa, I'm starting a strike.

ForzaFerrari

Dec 12, 2007
This was a great review of the demo

PLEAAAAAAAAASE review the full game. Its got some really fun shit in it, especially that TWING TWANG which I thought at first would destroy the games fun factor completely.. but with a bit of practice its the dogs balls as Yahtzee would say.. I hope he agrees !

Shooting dudes in the arse, back, head, knackers, feet, legs with slow motion, motion sensor controlled explosion-from-flame-capable arrows is a hell of a lot of fun, especially when they react accordingly in glorious 3D !