shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
darkrage6 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
darkrage6 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I dunno about you guys, video works fine for me on Escapist.
Apparently he liked it - good story, fun hunting - but is kinda burnt out with the whole sandbox deal.
what browser are you using?
Chrome. Just tried again and still plays for me.
That's odd, i'm using Chrome right now and it's not working for me at all, what version of Windows do you have?
Super old one - Windows 7.
Jesus, what am I doing with my life?
Don't worry, you're still doing better than the people who are trying to stick with 32-bit OSes or Windows XP, god forbid.

OT: I haven't put as much time into Horizon as I want due to other obligations, but I really appreciate that the game does apparently have so much effort put into the story.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
As someone who liked this game but recognises it as a triple-A sandbox, a divisive genre in this day and age, I was totally expecting Yahtzee to rip it a new one and pleasantly surprised when he didn't. To avoid starting any arguments that I can't really take part in due to not having eaten breakfast yet, I'll leave it at that.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
GrumbleGrump said:
darkrage6 said:
I'm guessing next week Yahtzee is either going to review Halo Wars 2 or one of the other Switch games.
Switch game sounds more plausible, he doesn't do RTS.
So this game is the generic garbage that every trailer and video indicated it was? Sweet, I was right!
But he did review the first Halo Wars, so it would perfect sense for him to do the sequel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6JNqMjouNc

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
shrekfan246 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
darkrage6 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
darkrage6 said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I dunno about you guys, video works fine for me on Escapist.
Apparently he liked it - good story, fun hunting - but is kinda burnt out with the whole sandbox deal.
what browser are you using?
Chrome. Just tried again and still plays for me.
That's odd, i'm using Chrome right now and it's not working for me at all, what version of Windows do you have?
Super old one - Windows 7.
Jesus, what am I doing with my life?
Don't worry, you're still doing better than the people who are trying to stick with 32-bit OSes or Windows XP, god forbid.

OT: I haven't put as much time into Horizon as I want due to other obligations, but I really appreciate that the game does apparently have so much effort put into the story.
I stuck with XP until late last year, then I switched to Windows 7 because there were certain design aspects of 8 and 10 that I did not like, i'm going to hold onto Windows 7 until the bitter end.

Sonder Saunters

Oct 24, 2009
I really need to stop watching this show at dinner time. Or maybe I just need to make something less damaging than curry so that I don't hork spice up my nose.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
darkrage6 said:
GrumbleGrump said:
darkrage6 said:
I'm guessing next week Yahtzee is either going to review Halo Wars 2 or one of the other Switch games.
So this game is the generic garbage that every trailer and video indicated it was? Sweet, I was right!
But he did review the first Halo Wars, so it would perfect sense for him to do the sequel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6JNqMjouNc
No it wouldn't. He has openly stated that RTS is something just not for him (4:33):

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
Interesting. I'm still unsure if I should get Horizon but this review is better than anything else I've read about it that going on and on about political nonsense and nothing about the game.

Side note: I got for my wife for [insert whatever holiday you think yesterday was] that "Will Save the Galaxy for Food" book you wrote. Speed reader that she is she finished it in a few hours. She enjoyed the math swearing as a Math teacher.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
GrumbleGrump said:
darkrage6 said:
GrumbleGrump said:
darkrage6 said:
No it wouldn't. He has openly stated that RTS is something just not for him (4:33):
him checking out Halo Wars 2 is not the least bit far-fetched, not sure why anyone would assume that it would be.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Well, Yahtzee, if they're not letting us pilot the damn robots, it's not really Zoids and therefore not as cool as it could be. Points for reference, though.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
darkrage6 said:
him checking out Halo Wars 2 is not the least bit far-fetched, not sure why anyone would assume that it would be.
...He reviewed Halo Wars a few weeks after it came out and said then that it and the genre didn't interest him. He reinforced that in the video I linked you and hasn't reviewed an RTS since. I don't know what else you want, he won't review it.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I do not. In fact, I have never even heard of Zoids.

I never encountered a single problem with the arrow hitboxes, but boy oh boy do I agree on Yahtzee's dislike of robot birds. Fuck those things, every last one of them.

And just to stay on the topic of "fuck robot birds", another thing nobody at dev central apparently gave a flying shit about (brilliant seque!) was the camera for ground-to-air combat. How in the name of my grandpa's pruny old cock did nobody at Guerilla notice the fucking impossibility of hunting Glinthawks in the southern jungle?! When you're crouching and aiming upwards with your zoom activated (you know, to have a halfway decent chance at hitting vital spots on those flying cuntnuggets), all you'll get is a faceful of stealth grass idyllically waving about below your supple arsecheeks and obscuring your view of the target. What with the combat against flying enemies already being a colossal pile of shit, this issue I kept running into just felt like adding insult to injury.

Oh yeah, and the systems for inventory management and RNG loot grinding are in desperate need of re-tooling, while we're at it.

A stonking great game, certainly, but the recurring flaws stick out like rusty nails so hard I feel like running to the doctor's office for a tetanus boost.

Thinkpad4_v1legacy

Dec 15, 2016
Inferna_Translator said:
The Webm doesn't work, but the mp4 hidden in the html runs just fine. Yep, signed up just now, and got my name wrong, but screw it.
Here's the mp4 for html muggles http://video.escapistmagazine.com/links/316860e78107a05e6f1c1e9646ac716c/mp4/escapist/zero-punctuation/18fa2b096ef3c7e75e1f187e040b3c66.mp4?8df5e36ee1f3629756e58b9530b390b2b19600f6f7e9fef37af581a7cc215452c0fe348ab880207e8dc464dba6ad84849f5a&.mp4
Broken, redirects to a video ad now

Mike000

Nov 22, 2007
FalloutJack said:
Well, Yahtzee, if they're not letting us pilot the damn robots, it's not really Zoids and therefore not as cool as it could be. Points for reference, though.
Gotta leave room for a sequel.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I'm still playing the game and liking it a whole lot,pretty much everything Yahtzee mentioned was spot on in my eyes. I like the story, though the highlights are mostly from the beginning. It loses a bit of draw once you leave the Nora village and Aloy goes from being a shunned outcast to the hero of the land. The central mystery is nice, dialogue and voice acting are a mixed bag, especially some of the sidequests. Also, they really did not give a fuck about clipping when designing some of the more elaborate costumes. I'm thinking of the shaman NPC who makes you gather blood from different machines for him to drink. The manic voice acting, creepy dialogue and face-obscuring headdress he's got on go together to make an unsettling and memorable character, but it's let down by how the headdress keeps going through his chest.

Being near the end of it now, there is the usual problem that it has nothing left up it's sleeve. I remember resources being quite scarce in the early game, but once I've bought all of the third-tier weapons and armour (which I had done by about halfway through) I'm just swimming in shards and crafting parts now. I can even take down Thunderjaws and Stormbirds without too much hassle (not Rockbreakers though, fuck those things). Also, on the subject of weapons, I hate having only 4 quick-select slots. There's only about 7 or 8 weapons total in the game, may as well let me switch between all of them at once.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Mike000 said:
FalloutJack said:
Gotta leave room for a sequel.
Well then, I'll play the sequel. :p

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
GrumbleGrump said:
darkrage6 said:
...He reviewed Halo Wars a few weeks after it came out and said then that it and the genre didn't interest him. He reinforced that in the video I linked you and hasn't reviewed an RTS since. I don't know what else you want, he won't review it.
Well you're not psychic, you don't know that for a fact, and Yahtzee has often changed his mind about games after he's reviewed them, he initially did not care for the 2009 Wolfenstein game, but later realized it was actually pretty decent, so it's entirely possible he might decide to give RTS another go, he'll likely be up for anything just so he won't have to review another open-world game for at least another week or so.

TheUsurper

Mar 30, 2010
Thinkpad4 said:
Inferna_Translator said:
The Webm doesn't work, but the mp4 hidden in the html runs just fine. Yep, signed up just now, and got my name wrong, but screw it.
Here's the mp4 for html muggles http://video.escapistmagazine.com/links/316860e78107a05e6f1c1e9646ac716c/mp4/escapist/zero-punctuation/18fa2b096ef3c7e75e1f187e040b3c66.mp4?8df5e36ee1f3629756e58b9530b390b2b19600f6f7e9fef37af581a7cc215452c0fe348ab880207e8dc464dba6ad84849f5a&.mp4
Broken, redirects to a video ad now
Try this one:

http://video.escapistmagazine.com/links/316860e78107a05e6f1c1e9646ac716c/mp4_hq/escapist/zero-punctuation/52d8c2c244f5c029f3335c4320da3238.mp4?8df5e36ee1f3629756e58b9530b390b6df88419769fff384c1f9bc62d61db5d53fc664ac8bd1af42128f529632ea721e3790b2009a25d7&.mp4

chozoone19

Feb 12, 2009
Now about 9:30 in the evening for me here and I still can't get this video to play. I've tried Firefox, I've tried chrome, I even tried it on Internet explorer which nearly bricked my laptop several times before getting the site to load, none worked. Even went onto both my phone with it's just web browser and then chrome app, and kindle fire tablet, worked on none. And for the few people who made links for the video feed, thank you but it seems to be the wrong thing as all I'm seeing is a 45 second advert to the escapist that looks well out of date since it still had Jim Sterling, Escape to the movies, and a few other series that are no longer on here. I don't really understand video embedding or all that so I don't get what the problem is exactly, but if something can be done about this reasonably quick I'd be rather appreciative of it.

Edit: Of course, about 15 minutes after posting this I try refreshing the page again and whoop, look at that it is working now. Thanks anyone who may have had a hand in that, non serious crisis averted.