Zero Punctuation: House Flipper and FAR: Lone Sails

Onliuge

Aug 9, 2012
Oh for fucks sake Yahtz, just review Halo already and talk about how it has the ire of suck, and yet single-handedly sold a console with several million copies. We Halo fans might actually have some nostalgia to keep us from the noose with what 343 did to the franchise, and I'm not looking forward to no.6.

Fun Fact: Combat evolved was tacked on to the game by Microsoft because, "Halo, didn't sound enough like a shooter".

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Yay! The comment section works again!
House Flipper sounds strangely addicting, and the second one sounds pretentious.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Onliuge said:
Oh for fucks sake Yahtz, just review Halo already and talk about how it has the ire of suck, and yet single-handedly sold a console with several million copies. We Halo fans might actually have some nostalgia to keep us from the noose with what 343 did to the franchise, and I'm not looking forward to no.6.

Fun Fact: Combat evolved was tacked on to the game by Microsoft because, "Halo, didn't sound enough like a shooter".
There has been another Halo game recently? I didn't know that.

I thought he'd review Detroit: Become Human this week. It came out recently, and is still a Big title, for lack of a proper term.

Judging by Yahtzee's comments, could it be that the Steam Popular New Releases is actually working as a curator for interesting new releases? I mean he didn't hate or dismiss the titles, he just had some creative suggestions for improvements.

On the other hand he also said something about "of the titles this was the one I kept coming back to", meaning he probably tried some other titles and these were the ones he had the most to say about.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"Thank you for your assessment, Yahtzee, now please supply an explanation and apology for reviewing House Motherfucking Flipper!"

I love that Yahtzee is envisioning his own audience response, now. Sincerely. That was hilarious.

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
Well, I do love how he can intertwine two reviews and make it both funny and seamless (in a cynical hodgepodge manner).

But yah, Summer...

Jan 27, 2011
I wish I'd seen this before buying Wizard of Legend. Or maybe done more research.

I was expecting a sort of magical brawler-beat 'em up. What I got was a suuuper punishingly hard twitch reflex roguelite. :s It's not bad, it's just not at all what I wanted or was expecting. I sympathize with Yatzee throwing it in the bin in the episode.

Also, I bang on about it all the time, but I'm still surprised he skipped the second Styx game. It's a fantastic stealth game. :s

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Canadamus Prime said:
I can't imagine what kind of person would actually want to play a game called "House Flipper."
Maybe they thought it was a game about The Hulk.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Yahtzee's taste in games continues to baffle me. I'll take an indie-itis game that Yahtzee hates like Far: Lone Bollocks over shithouse "hardcore" RPGs that he enjoys like Dark Souls (which the experience of playing is the equivalent of having my bollocks ripped off) anyday.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Canadamus Prime said:
I can't imagine what kind of person would actually want to play a game called "House Flipper."
There are (presumably) people who play "Bus Driving Simulator", which is a real game I can buy on steam. For reasons.

You know, as opposed to going out and riding a real bus for less money and actually going somewhere.

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Dalisclock said:
Canadamus Prime said:
There are (presumably) people who play "Bus Driving Simulator", which is a real game I can buy on steam. For reasons.

You know, as opposed to going out and riding a real bus for less money and actually going somewhere.
Please, tell me where I can go out and pay money to drive a real bus.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Well now I can finally understand House Flipper. Can't say I feel more inclined to buy it though...

Hopefully the AAA market holds off releases a bit longer so we can get a review of that Raft game that just came out.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Blood Brain Barrier said:
Please, tell me where I can go out and pay money to drive a real bus.
We got you sorted, sir!

https://www.expeditional.co.uk/experience/
https://www.intotheblue.co.uk/driving-experiences/unusual-vehicles/unusual-drives/bus-driving-experience/

At Expeditional we provide Routemaster, Double Deck and Bendy Bus driving experiences. This is a unique, once in a lifetime opportunity to drive a world famous, iconic London Bus and the infamous Bendy Bus, often thought of as the nemesis of the Routemaster.

We operate this as an exclusive one to one experience on a private circuit where you can negotiate these giant vehicles in safety around typical road junctions and scenarios. The perfect gift voucher or a treat for yourself. Spaces are limited so buy your voucher today.

Our customers travel from all over the UK and the world to take part in our experiences. People drive from Manchester and as far as Edinburgh, overseas travellers have come from Canada and even Australia solely to drive our Routemaster buses.

rocker1600

Sep 24, 2014
If you?re running that low on games to write about so soon, maybe you try at looking some of the 2018 releases from these last six months that you completely skipped? Just an idea.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
He could always do composite reviews on series he's played more or less through if he's bored. Kinda like Honest Game Trailers will occasionally just do a video on a series instead of a game.

It does really feel like Yathzee is getting tired of this job and he's doing it for the paycheck at this point. I'm trying to remember the last time it felt like he was really into any of his reviews.