Zero Punctuation: Inside & Shadow of the Beast

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
darkrage6 said:
That was a remaster, not a remake, they are two completely different things altogether.
Irrelevant, either would imply that Indigo Prophecy or "How I Stopped Worrying and Ripped Off The Matrix" is a property that's worth a damn. But hey, while Dehvid Kej continues to sucker in people with zero standards in storytelling, so I guess it counts.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Graphic kill moves would ensure all that onion-karate training in Parappa the Rapper pays off....

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
GrumbleGrump said:
darkrage6 said:
That was a remaster, not a remake, they are two completely different things altogether.
Irrelevant, either would imply that Indigo Prophecy or "How I Stopped Worrying and Ripped Off The Matrix" is a property that's worth a damn. But hey, while Dehvid Kej continues to sucker in people with zero standards in storytelling, so I guess it counts.
Whether they are "worth a damn" is just your opinion, not a fact. Also no it is not a Matrix rip-off, I see no real similarities to it whatsoever. His games do not have "zero standards in story-telling" that's pure nonsense.

Alduin Silas

Aug 3, 2011
4Aces said:
Another game that inexplicably end with non-representative gameplay that piseed me off: Dying Light.

I love all the Brexit voters that immediately ran to social media to confess they thought they were just kidding (aka sabotaging the system). They demonstrated that your vote does matter. Also, Barclays has just announced that the recession will start soon. /endevillaugh

Madmatty said:
He obviously doesn't realize in the long run things will be better sure Britain will hit some tight spots but it will retain independence and control over its own borders.
Sure, that free trade agreement was just holding back their maufacturing prowess. Any second now the coal plants will all fire back up, and Britian will once again outpace New Zealand. The baby was thrown out with the bath water. The only saving grace is that it could take another 18 months before the real squeeze begins.
This New Zealander is all too happy for Britain to continue sliding. I'm getting a great exchange rate to the NZD right now. Couple of months ago it was 2.25 NZD dollars to the pound, now it's 1.8 or thereabouts. :p

PsiMatrix

Gray Jedi
Feb 4, 2008
All I'm wondering is why he missed the perfect chance to do a callback to his "Like God of War BUT" from a few years back :p

Catnip1024

Jan 25, 2010
The Artificially Prolonged said:
That Shadow of the Beast character looks like a discount bin Black Panther to me.

Piecewise said:
Pointless British politics argument in 3...2...
All I know is that since Brexit the weather has been shit. That's no coincidence. It's those bloody Eurocrats again with their nice weather quotas trying to rain on our parade, I read about it in The Mail. About time we took back control of own our weather I say!
Yeah, trust those Europeans. Share out the wealth and the people, where is the free movement of weather, that's the real issue here. Although personally I've always suspected this London-centric government is deliberately keeping the good weather down south, to punish the mining towns. That's Thatchers legacy for you...

ErrrorWayz

Jun 25, 2016
darkrage6 said:
ErrrorWayz said:
Piecewise said:
Sadly, it seems you are correct. You should try living here, it's beyond tedious now.

I was surprised he went for it in the video with such vehemence, I'd always found the videos pleasingly apolitical and a refreshing change from the creeping politicisation of a hobby I indulge in to avoid the real world at the end of long day.
You must be new to Yahtzee then, cause he's made political jokes tons of times in the past.
I have only dabbled in it so maybe missed them, plus perhaps the current ubiquity of comment on matter makes it more apparent.

Either way the debate is tediously polarised.

Jaro Black

Jun 26, 2013
Madmatty said:
Jaro Black said:
Madmatty said:
darkrage6 said:
Madmatty said:
darkrage6 said:
Madmatty said:
Hampus Hampe said:
im beginning to think that yahtzee isn't a brexit supporter lol.
to bad, hes usually smart on most things but i guess regaining your sovreignty from the EU super state isn't something he consideres worth his time.
He obviously doesn't realize in the long run things will be better sure Britain will hit some tight spots but it will retain independence and control over its own borders.
"better in the long run?" LOL, now that's fucking hilarious! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
They won't have to let in anymore invaders so it will be better in the long run also you'd be surprised how many young people supported brexit
Wow you keep on bringing the laughs, the U.K. leaving the E.U. will have ZERO impact on immigration(immigrants are not all "invaders", that's fucking stupid, can't take people like you seriously who think all Muslims are EEEEEEEEVIL):https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/10/immigration-truth-brexit-would-not-bring-it-under-control
The ones who support sharia law are evil and a lot of them support it seriously they should be shooting them if they try to get in
Seriously, how can anybody be so stupid. Leaving the UK, to control immigration because of fear of sharia law is like saying: i cut off my arm, because butterflys make me scared and also i am against the thing that never will happen. And yes, sharia law is no good thing. But luckily you have, oh sorry, had a functioning democtratic system, where changing the status quo, i.e. laws governed by judges and voters, is literally impossible unless a majority of people turn stupid. But that wouldn't happen... oh wait... what did you just vote for? Maybe there IS a majority of stupid people in your country.

Also: When you say, you want to kill people you are
a) a dumb teenager of 14 that acts tough because hormones are a weird thing
b) a psychopath

And just to get down to your "level" (deeeeep underground that is): People preaching to kill other people should be raped by sharia law promoters. There. Happy now?

If you support sharia law you support something immoral and should be deported or killed if you can't see that then you're a bad person
Can't you see the fallacy and hypocrisy of your own argumentation? Saying to deport and kill other human beings and then accuse OTHERS to be bad people? That is the EXACT SAME argumentation that ISIS uses, just with reversed positions: People who don't believe in sharia lawshould be deported and killed. YOu are a carbon copy of members of ISIS, but because of your arrogance, to be "better than the others" (also a stance of ISIS members) you think you are doing the right thing, or "gods work" or whatever.

Madmatty

Apr 5, 2016
Jaro Black said:
Madmatty said:
Jaro Black said:
Madmatty said:
darkrage6 said:
Madmatty said:
darkrage6 said:
Madmatty said:
Hampus Hampe said:
to bad, hes usually smart on most things but i guess regaining your sovreignty from the EU super state isn't something he consideres worth his time.
"better in the long run?" LOL, now that's fucking hilarious! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
They won't have to let in anymore invaders so it will be better in the long run also you'd be surprised how many young people supported brexit
Wow you keep on bringing the laughs, the U.K. leaving the E.U. will have ZERO impact on immigration(immigrants are not all "invaders", that's fucking stupid, can't take people like you seriously who think all Muslims are EEEEEEEEVIL):https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/10/immigration-truth-brexit-would-not-bring-it-under-control
The ones who support sharia law are evil and a lot of them support it seriously they should be shooting them if they try to get in
Seriously, how can anybody be so stupid. Leaving the UK, to control immigration because of fear of sharia law is like saying: i cut off my arm, because butterflys make me scared and also i am against the thing that never will happen. And yes, sharia law is no good thing. But luckily you have, oh sorry, had a functioning democtratic system, where changing the status quo, i.e. laws governed by judges and voters, is literally impossible unless a majority of people turn stupid. But that wouldn't happen... oh wait... what did you just vote for? Maybe there IS a majority of stupid people in your country.

b) a psychopath

And just to get down to your "level" (deeeeep underground that is): People preaching to kill other people should be raped by sharia law promoters. There. Happy now?

If you support sharia law you support something immoral and should be deported or killed if you can't see that then you're a bad person
Can't you see the fallacy and hypocrisy of your own argumentation? Saying to deport and kill other human beings and then accuse OTHERS to be bad people? That is the EXACT SAME argumentation that ISIS uses, just with reversed positions: People who don't believe in sharia lawshould be deported and killed. YOu are a carbon copy of members of ISIS, but because of your arrogance, to be "better than the others" (also a stance of ISIS members) you think you are doing the right thing, or "gods work" or whatever.

It's about what you stand for I want gender equality and democracy and anyone who supports sharia law should be deported or shot because if they don't like the way we do things in our country they should get out. Also some ideologies are better than others I say if you deport or kill sharia supporters to preserve gender equality it's not only the right thing to do but to me is morally required. Evil triumphs when good people do nothing. What would YOUR plan be?

Madmatty

Apr 5, 2016
sky14kemea said:
*cough*[HEADING=2]Mod voice[/HEADING]
Vahir said:
Gsmoove said:
Madmatty said:
darkrage6 said:

Let's talk about games and stuff. None of this political bullhonky. Take that to the R&P forums please, or I'll be forced to put on my angry eyes.
Ok I'm done I'm gonna talk about games now. So is Inside out (see what I did there) on PC?

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
Why in the nine hells did something like Shadow of the Beast get a remake? I played the original and it really didn't have that much going for it, if we're honest. Surely there were other Amiga games that could've gotten a bit more love...granted, I'm an odd duck and was hoping some of the old scrolling shooters would get some attention.

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
sky14kemea said:

Let's talk about games and stuff. None of this political bullhonky. Take that to the R&P forums please, or I'll be forced to put on my angry eyes.
YES!

Also, funny how nobody takes offense to 'Thatcher's Britain'.

In any case ... welp, now I still don't know if to get Inside. Possibly one day. Limbo never gripped me as much as it did others, but it was still worth the (sale) money.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Am I the only one getting sick of these "X game is like Y game" criticisms? I know making something truly original is hard, but it gets me every time: Stardew Valley is like Harvest Moon, Salt and Sanctuary is like Dark Souls, Inside is like Limbo. This is made specially confusing if followed by: "But it does something different"/"But it completely stands on its own", if so then why was the comparasion really necessary?

One of the biggest gripes I had with getting Undertale was the "like Earthbound" comment that was following the game, even thought they had absolutely nothing in common, I can see the words inspired, reminescent, or with the same intentions being used, but like Earthbound was neither a criticism, nor worthy pointg out. And I feel really sad for the indie developers who want to make great games and become known as the people who made that game that is like that other game.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Madmatty said:
Jaro Black said:
Madmatty said:
Jaro Black said:
Madmatty said:
darkrage6 said:
Madmatty said:
darkrage6 said:
Madmatty said:
Hampus Hampe said:
You are truly delusional.

b) a psychopath

It's about what you stand for I want gender equality and democracy and anyone who supports sharia law should be deported or shot because if they don't like the way we do things in our country they should get out. Also some ideologies are better than others I say if you deport or kill sharia supporters to preserve gender equality it's not only the right thing to do but to me is morally required. Evil triumphs when good people do nothing. What would YOUR plan be?

Apr 17, 2009
In a shocking twist, it turns out the dropped baby (there was probably a better way of phrasing that...) from Shadow of the Beast grew up to be the protagonist from Inside

Transdude1996

Mar 18, 2014
Igor-Rowan said:
Am I the only one getting sick of these "X game is like Y game" criticisms? I know making something truly original is hard, but it gets me every time: Stardew Valley is like Harvest Moon, Salt and Sanctuary is like Dark Souls, Inside is like Limbo. This is made specially confusing if followed by: "But it does something different"/"But it completely stands on its own", if so then why was the comparasion really necessary?

One of the biggest gripes I had with getting Undertale was the "like Earthbound" comment that was following the game, even thought they had absolutely nothing in common, I can see the words inspired, reminescent, or with the same intentions being used, but like Earthbound was neither a criticism, nor worthy pointg out. And I feel really sad for the indie developers who want to make great games and become known as the people who made that game that is like that other game.
The reason why comparisons like these have become so common is because few people have enough time to play more than a handful of games. And, of those that do play that handful, even fewer finish up to 2/3 of the game.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
ErrrorWayz said:
darkrage6 said:
ErrrorWayz said:
Piecewise said:
Sadly, it seems you are correct. You should try living here, it's beyond tedious now.

I was surprised he went for it in the video with such vehemence, I'd always found the videos pleasingly apolitical and a refreshing change from the creeping politicisation of a hobby I indulge in to avoid the real world at the end of long day.
You must be new to Yahtzee then, cause he's made political jokes tons of times in the past.
I have only dabbled in it so maybe missed them, plus perhaps the current ubiquity of comment on matter makes it more apparent.

Either way the debate is tediously polarised.
Check out any of his CoD reviews. There's usually a joke about American Foreign policy in there.

And then there was the one Transistor joke that totally pissed everyone off.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Madmatty said:
I tried to stay out of this...
If you want democracy then we should not be deporting or shooting people for their beliefs. North Korea punishes people for thought crimes, Isis punishes people for thought crimes and now you advocate for the UK to do the same.

To say if you don't like it then get out of the country also doesn't work. If you don't like something about your country then act within the law and change things with activism. Would you have told the suffragettes that we do things differently in the UK and if they dont like it they should leave the country?

We can all end up in a minority at some point. I could say that the UK does not support the death penalty, we also do not deport or execute our citizens based on religion or beliefs. Because you feel differently you should get out. Thankfully the UK doesn't work that way. I believe we are better for it.

And you will always think your own ideology is better than its rivals. That is kind of how ideology works...