Zero Punctuation: Inside & Shadow of the Beast

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
- edit -

A mod had spoken and I guess they don't want this discussion here.

OK episode. I rarely enjoy those double-feature-specials, where just 2,5 minutes get devoted to two mediocre games each.

kingvit

Jul 21, 2016
First of all, greetings from Germany and thanks for all the wittiness and sarcasm invested in the reviews! It's so much more fun than the sponsored ones.

To the point, is there a topic with requests for upcoming Punctuations? I would suggest Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE because of one of most clicheed anime stories ever, "walking simulator" sidequests, incomprehensible censorship, a neverending streak of collectibles and grinding pressure. So many ways to poke fun at :) BTW I'm 30 hs in and still about midway through (enjoying myself, mechanics are creative, visuals extremely flashy and the uncensored mod brings the fanservice back),so it's much larger than I expected.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Hampus Hampe said:
darkrage6 said:
Hampus Hampe said:
im beginning to think that yahtzee isn't a brexit supporter lol.
to bad, hes usually smart on most things but i guess regaining your sovreignty from the EU super state isn't something he consideres worth his time.
He's plenty smart, all that talk about "sovereignty" is total fucking horseshit.
why is it horse shit? please inform me oh great internet rager.
If I have tell you, you've already lost the argument "rager".

iller3

Nov 5, 2014
Gsmoove said:
This is the problem with people. Instead of trying to understand motivations or look into other opposing arguments before solidifying an opinion. There is a reaction of anger, name-calling, frustration, arrogance ect. When really it is a waste of your time because you're not convincing anyone of your position. I've seen good arguments for brexit and good arguments for remain. Whatever you believe about the EU, it is not perfect, transparent, or run by intelligent, altruistic individuals. Its very easy to believe that people voted out because of xenophobia, but I ask you to look beyond media hype and understand that the EU hasn't benefited everyone.
Well put, well put. And I was really expecting more from the Escapist audience than that string of Diatribes above. ...like for instance? REASONS? Issues? Maybe not actual facts, but FFS atleast admission that yes, Yahtzee has typically always errored on the side of individualism. And the U.K. despite all its flaws, made a move back in that direction *shrug*. We don't have to agree on the political issue itself but we do need to atleast acknowledge when Yahtzee is being inconsistent because that's what makes this a long-running Series. We're invested because he's usually very consistent about his judgments but this past week looked pretty out of character

Well whatever, I guess it's for the better a Mod stepped in, and I'm sure Yahtz will do something else even more out of character soon enough that we can all pounce on instead

Madmatty

Apr 5, 2016
bjj hero said:
Madmatty said:
It's about what you stand for I want gender equality and democracy and anyone who supports sharia law should be deported or shot because if they don't like the way we do things in our country they should get out. Also some ideologies are better than others I say if you deport or kill sharia supporters to preserve gender equality it's not only the right thing to do but to me is morally required. Evil triumphs when good people do nothing. What would YOUR plan be?
I tried to stay out of this...
If you want democracy then we should not be deporting or shooting people for their beliefs. North Korea punishes people for thought crimes, Isis punishes people for thought crimes and now you advocate for the UK to do the same.

To say if you don't like it then get out of the country also doesn't work. If you don't like something about your country then act within the law and change things with activism. Would you have told the suffragettes that we do things differently in the UK and if they dont like it they should leave the country?

We can all end up in a minority at some point. I could say that the UK does not support the death penalty, we also do not deport or execute our citizens based on religion or beliefs. Because you feel differently you should get out. Thankfully the UK doesn't work that way. I believe we are better for it.

And you will always think your own ideology is better than its rivals. That is kind of how ideology works...
It's people like you that make me think the world is going to hell in a handbasket because you people are unwilling to do something suffragists were different they wanted equality if you try to change the country in persute of equality fine but if you try to implement backwards barbaric laws that treat women like cattle than you should be deported and if you can't see that you deserve to be deported with them. You should try to preserve gender equality and separation of church and state too me they are FAR more important than freedom to support barbaric laws.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Madmatty said:
It's people like you that make me think the world is going to hell in a handbasket because you people are unwilling to do something suffragists were different they wanted equality if you try to change the country in persute of equality fine but if you try to implement backwards barbaric laws that treat women like cattle than you should be deported and if you can't see that you deserve to be deported with them. You should try to preserve gender equality and separation of church and state too me they are FAR more important than freedom to support barbaric laws.
Matt, I would argue that execution and banishment are "barbaric laws" that we have not enacted in the UK for a long long time.

And I find your seperation of church and state laughable. We have religious schools, religious leaders in the house of lords and religious leaders are often consulted on new legislation, as well as giving their opinions on current events in the press. We have no seperation on church and state in the UK.

I prefer to prosecute people using our legal system for things they have done rather than ideas they may have. You are allowed all kinds of unusual ideas and beliefs. Just dont act on them if they fall outside of the law.

And if it helps, the world is not going to hell, neither despite of nor because of any individual or collective effort on my part. We will be fine... even if leaving Europe isnt the best idea in my personal opinion.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
So shadow of the beast is Fallout 4 God of War edition?

At least my experience with it.