Zero Punctuation: Just Cause 3

Victim of Progress

New member
Jul 11, 2011
187
0
0
Gotta agree with Yahtzee on the sucky naval options. Way too many games ignore the water aspect of the sandbox. But yeah, the game is still great.
 

Mahoshonen

New member
Jul 28, 2008
358
0
0
Been loving JC3 and was looking forward to hearing Yahtzee's take on it.

Shame about the final boss. It seems to be a problem with a lot of AAA games not knowing how to close out. Ideally, a game should close out by doing what had been the meat of the game. In JC3's case, a more appropriate finale would be the dictator showing up with a Star Destroyer and Rico having to take it apart component-by-component.
 

Vausch

New member
Dec 7, 2009
1,476
0
0
I think aside from the idiotic gear unlocking mechanics that tie specific upgrades to specific events rather than just giving us gears to upgrade what we want, and the fact that you can't throw the triggered explosives any more, Just Cause 3 is so far been a pretty great followup.

The PC controls gave me so many problems on the changes made though. Not used to M2 being the hookshot and kept going for E. So many unneeded deaths.
 

OuendanCyrus

New member
Jun 16, 2010
250
0
0
JC3 has been such a huge disappointment for me. On one hand, I liked how they improved the AI of the enemy from JC2 and added the indicator for when they would call reinforcements, or when they have lost sight of you. On the other, I absolutely despise the fact that you no longer search for upgrade parts around the world and instead must do challenges with those long as fuck load times in between retrying.
 

EeviStev

New member
Mar 2, 2011
132
0
0
Steve the Pocket said:
Is that how Brits pronounce "squirrel", then? Like it rhymes with "Professor Quirrel"? Cute.
You mean, the way it's spelled and with both its syllables?
 

Devin Barker

New member
Aug 10, 2012
168
0
0
OH MUH GAWD, I am so happy he talking about that bullshit "share my stats with friends" thing. I hate this feature and didnt even know it was on until one of my friends popped up on my IM and said "DUDE, im totally crushing you in headshots lol" If I want an experience that broie I would be playing CoD. Hate that feature. Let me play my single player games in peace.
 

Dornedas

New member
Oct 9, 2014
199
0
0
Devin Barker said:
OH MUH GAWD, I am so happy he talking about that bullshit "share my stats with friends" thing. I hate this feature and didnt even know it was on until one of my friends popped up on my IM and said "DUDE, im totally crushing you in headshots lol" If I want an experience that broie I would be playing CoD. Hate that feature. Let me play my single player games in peace.
But how else could you put always-online-totallynotDRM in the game?
 

FPLOON

Your #1 Source for the Dino Porn
Jul 10, 2013
12,531
0
0
But, Yahtzee... All those complaints are Just Flaws that don't get in the way of the Just Applause you would already be giving this game like how you would have given to Just Santa Claus...

Other than that, those online stats are nothing more than Just Faux Pas when they are irrelevant to your overall gaming enjoyment...
 

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
33,804
0
0
I've seen a big bastard load of bugs in this game. Shame, but with all its flaws it sounds Just Baws.

 

empirialtank

New member
Jan 22, 2010
72
0
0
Johnny Novgorod said:
Looks like Yahtzee found his GOTY, or one of his Top 5 anyway.
It's probably going to take spot number 2 for the simple glorious fun of it all. His GOTY will probably be Undertale since it makes major innovations in video game story telling by waging active psychological warfare against what ever goal the player seems to be going for.

At this point I would also expect MGS5, and BloodBorne to definitely make it in, along with possibly Elite Dangerous, Talos Principle or Soma to round it all out.
 

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
17,589
1,796
118
empirialtank said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Looks like Yahtzee found his GOTY, or one of his Top 5 anyway.
It's probably going to take spot number 2 for the simple glorious fun of it all. His GOTY will probably be Undertale since it makes major innovations in video game story telling by waging active psychological warfare against what ever goal the player seems to be going for.

At this point I would also expect MGS5, and BloodBorne to definitely make it in, along with possibly Elite Dangerous, Talos Principle or Soma to round it all out.
Well, Undertale is going to present a bit of a dilemma, since Yahtzee always reminds us that the only eligible games for his Top 5 are the ones he has reviewed, ZP-style. Not that there's anything stopping him from breaking his own rule this year. Similarly, Elite: Dangerous is technically a 2014 game, but again, nothing's stopping him from declaring it GOTY 2015.

BloodBorne and Soma are definite contenders. Talos Principle, I seem to remember him being mostly bored by it?
 

carewolf

New member
Jan 10, 2015
18
0
0
Steve the Pocket said:
Is that how Brits pronounce "squirrel", then? Like it rhymes with "Professor Quirrel"? Cute.
In what sane world would "Xabcd", not rime with "abcd"?
 

Jburton9

New member
Aug 21, 2012
187
0
0
Thank you for the review, good stuff : )

Maybe they will release a holiday pack - Just Claus.

The goal is to deliver gifts to all the houses - anther map zone take over mission while dodging all the bad people who despise the holiday spirit (because reasons!) along with the dictator being the Grinch.

Yes Hookshottable made it back for a second appearance! Now I need to find some way to work it into a conversation during the holidays coming up.
 

voltair27

New member
Apr 9, 2012
113
0
0
Steve the Pocket said:
Is that how Brits pronounce "squirrel", then? Like it rhymes with "Professor Quirrel"? Cute.
That's how Americans pronounce it too. Where is it pronounced like anything else?
 

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
4,815
0
0
Dornedas said:
Devin Barker said:
OH MUH GAWD, I am so happy he talking about that bullshit "share my stats with friends" thing. I hate this feature and didnt even know it was on until one of my friends popped up on my IM and said "DUDE, im totally crushing you in headshots lol" If I want an experience that broie I would be playing CoD. Hate that feature. Let me play my single player games in peace.
But how else could you put always-online-totallynotDRM in the game?
If I didn't get trade-in value for that Need for Speed reboot I would have taken sadistic pleasure in snapping the disc in half. I still wanted to, it would have been the best $30 I would have ever wasted.

OT: Seems like besides the boss fight, I've heard everything I already knew. Which is good because I already decided to buy it. Hopefully those patches fix up the frame-rate issues though.