Zero Punctuation: L.A. Noire

Jmech4889

Jun 5, 2011
There's a menu option to turn off the clue indicator, making it so you have to search for clues the old fasion way. Use that and turn off auto aim and the game will suddenly become challenging.

Jedted

Mar 13, 2008
He failed to mention that you can turn the Clue Hints(vibration and chime) off if you don't want the investigations to be too easy.

Overall the story side of things make this game worth checking out. Also the conspiracy later on, which i won't spoil too much, makes the game a lot more interesting.

There are some pretty good actors in it aswell. I liked Greg Grunberg's character and thought he was really good.

WilliamRLBaker

Jan 8, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Limecake said:
I'm just happy Rockstar is trying something new with L.A Noire, focusing on story and investigation.

If one company does sandbox well it's Rockstar, but for those of us who consider 'Games as Art' I think L.A Noire is a step in the right direction even if that step is a wobbly one.
Could have easily been another GTA.

OT: Challenging Hitler to pictionary? Hmm...

*scribbles down on list of game ideas*
problem is is that it is GTA but instead of being a neutral guy just trying to survive your an actual cop picking up cocaine and delivering it has been replaced with finding evidence and doing what you will with that and many more moments of being annoyed by your freinds *gta 4* is now replaced with interrorgation.

I want to see rock* *though LA confindential wasn't made by them just published* make something other then a freaking sandbox game because they will keep doing stuff like this.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
I just realized that I don't think Yahtzee has ever reviewed an actual tactical shooter. He should as part of his genre exploration.